R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-01-2003, 12:29 AM   #3931
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default Re: thanx sausage and rjm

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowner_V1S
thanks alot guys... my gs15 engine is gone already im putting fantom engine .21 wid booster and its a pullstart and for the exhaust im running zac project...?? is zac project exhaust good or bad? and the rest after market parts for v1s like 2speed,special chasis and eagle shocks and springs...... and 40wt all around so... wat u guys think about my set up? good or bad? if its bad give me some points here i know wats to change in the future how much is the sp kyosho exhaust is that comes with engine manifold?
Ok i wouldnt recommend putting the .21 fantom engine your car as it most likely wont fit ! The car only accepts threaded cranks, and if you are putting the booster bottle on yourself then dont bother. You will also go through belts like umm really fast

Booster bottles are the biggest wank out there and they dont work, in theory they should work but for them to work they have to be quite larger to do the job.
For the V-one S 2 speed you will need to modify it otherwise it wont last long, browse that page that RJM said to go to and it has a really good mod to do on their to make it last alot longer.
I remember squizzy taylor saying that the dogbone fits perfect and gives you perfect 200mm car width. As for the aluminium belt tensioner from looking on the kawahara website, it will only fit on the V-one R. As it is in the V-one R section, it is for the long belt on the left side and since we dont have it on the side and its in the middle so then yeah...
Just use the belt brace that comes in the kit for the side belt, the middle one doesnt need to be tensioned that much.

If i were you and were putting in a large .21 engine in then i would definatlely upgrade the belts to the SP kevlar belts for extra strength. And yes the SP kyosho exhaust is the one that comes with the manifold.
Another thing about the exhaust for the .21. The Zac exhaust is made for a .12 engine so it wont handle .21, just go out and get a decent .21 exhaust, it will perform best.
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #3932
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowner_V1S
Default to sausage

hey man thanx for the info!!! mmmm.... wat should i do to modify the 2 speed tran?? cause i went to solaspeed site and it gave me all the info about the v1s... i didnt quite understand how to nodify the 2 speed trans oh yah by the the engine that i got is .12 not .21(sowwie) makin me confuse all this research stuff man...

so sayin that the dogbone for mtx2 fits on the v1s? is it worth to buy it or stick to the standard?! and wat do u think about the tcd gear set the aftermarket 1?? worth it and do they work? v one r shocks can fit on a v1s? do i have to modify the shock towers or straight bolt on? can i use the eagle springs on a v one r shocks? or i have to get a kyohso springs aswell??

should i upgrade my clutch to UM210? or stick to the old... thanx again man
Lowner_V1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #3933
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: to sausage

Quote:
hey man thanx for the info!!! mmmm.... wat should i do to modify the 2 speed tran?? cause i went to solaspeed site and it gave me all the info about the v1s... i didnt quite understand how to nodify the 2 speed trans oh yah by the the engine that i got is .12 not .21(sowwie) makin me confuse all this research stuff man...

so sayin that the dogbone for mtx2 fits on the v1s? is it worth to buy it or stick to the standard?! and wat do u think about the tcd gear set the aftermarket 1?? worth it and do they work? v one r shocks can fit on a v1s? do i have to modify the shock towers or straight bolt on? can i use the eagle springs on a v one r shocks? or i have to get a kyohso springs aswell??

should i upgrade my clutch to UM210? or stick to the old... thanx again man
I've had a dogbone fall out twice so I think the MTX-2 doggies wouldn't be too bad an idea.

The upgrades... seriously man... just get the ones you NEED for now ! I know I'm not one to talk cos I wanted all the upgrades available myself until I realised that most of them would make NO difference at all, especially when you're just beginning. I'd just like people to learn from my mistakes and not make the same ones .

The only upgrades you should seriously look at is the UM210 clutch shoes, a better exhaust and some good tyres ! I've heard the TCD Diff is good, however it's expensive and at your stage you probably wouldn't notice the difference. Then spend some time on SETUP ... something a lot of people just ignore in favour of shiny bits in the hope that they will go faster. Yeah... I know sausage... guilty there , but I've changed my ways !
R J M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:48 PM   #3934
Tech Regular

thanx again man... i was thinkin about that i probably focus on wat i need right now!! i dont need all the shiny parts for a while may be when its time to upgrade it... im worried about the 2 speed transmission cause i went to the site @ solaspeed and it give all the points that i need for v1s and also the 2 speed tranmission that may cause problem in the future... You reckon mtx2 dogbone and um210 wat i need for now?! bsides im still a beginner and make my way up... ill probably focus on handling for a while ill probably mack around wid the shocks and springs that i have...

do guys wat rubber tyres do i have to use for beginners and wat inserts cause in my mind im thinkin pit shimizu or kawahara tyres and also i dont understand the # like 26,30 or 36 is that the setting of the tyres or sumthin different tyres for different track?!

if u guys got in mind that i need to know about pls give some advice,hints or trick about this r/c world feel free man..... so u guys know how much the mtx2 dogbone and UM210 clutch i think i need a plastice spacer so it wont rub in to the flywheel and that may cause bigger headache right?? ive been reading all this info in solaspeed...

thanx again guys.... by the Im bryan laterz fellaz!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:22 PM   #3935
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
thanx again man... i was thinkin about that i probably focus on wat i need right now!! i dont need all the shiny parts for a while may be when its time to upgrade it... im worried about the 2 speed transmission cause i went to the site @ solaspeed and it give all the points that i need for v1s and also the 2 speed tranmission that may cause problem in the future... You reckon mtx2 dogbone and um210 wat i need for now?! bsides im still a beginner and make my way up... ill probably focus on handling for a while ill probably mack around wid the shocks and springs that i have...

do guys wat rubber tyres do i have to use for beginners and wat inserts cause in my mind im thinkin pit shimizu or kawahara tyres and also i dont understand the # like 26,30 or 36 is that the setting of the tyres or sumthin different tyres for different track?!

if u guys got in mind that i need to know about pls give some advice,hints or trick about this r/c world feel free man..... so u guys know how much the mtx2 dogbone and UM210 clutch i think i need a plastice spacer so it wont rub in to the flywheel and that may cause bigger headache right?? ive been reading all this info in solaspeed...

thanx again guys.... by the Im bryan laterz fellaz!!!
Bryan,

UM210 a definate upgrade, it'll give you better acceleration. The MTX-2 dogbones I'm not too sure about.

The rubber tyres that I have used with success are Take-Off and Kyosho. I usually used medium inserts and the Kyosho Aero wheels. The temperature rating (26, 30, 34...) of rubber tyres really depends on the conditions and temperature of the track. For a hot day you'd want to use somewhere around 40s... I've heard stories of tyres actually melting !

Are you going to use foam or rubber?
R J M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:08 PM   #3936
Tech Regular

Im gonna use the rubber tyres I wanna try it first if i dont like it ill choose the next one which is the foam one's. I think im gonna use the standard dogbone for awhile...

hey wats a swingshaft they have the front and rear one's wats the for and wats the use for? and hex hubs are they cool or stick to the standard. hey i went to integy site they have some carbon aftermarket parts for v1s.. check it out and tell me wat do u think about it
Old 12-01-2003, 10:38 PM   #3937
Tech Master

Dude, You can answer alot of these questions yourself, you can find out what a swing shaft is if you look in the manual, just find the swing shaft part on the car.

Another thing is do you plan to race?
With all these mods including the .21 size engine wont allow you to race in stock, you will most likely have to run in outlaw class.
For the 2 speed mod i know it is hella confusing at the start but once you actaully get the 2 speed you look at the pic and it and go. Ohhh like that then it all works out
For tyres i find take off, kyosho, and sorex best.

THE TWO ONLY UPGRADES I WOULD GET FOR NOW ARE:
1. UM210 Clutch
2. Kyosho SP exhaust

You dont need any of that carbon shit, and the v-one R shocks you dont need unless you are going to get really serious, and the shocks will bolt right on.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:38 AM   #3938
Tech Regular

thanx sausage i told rjm that im gonna stick to a standard set up oh yah by the way my engine is not .21 its .12(fantom) sowwie if u got confuse...

i got the engine for free thats why i got this engine as right now im havin trouble to put it on cause of the pilot shaft its too long i was wondering to sell the engine for a good price and get an OS engine?! but hopefully this engine that i have wont gonna have a problem in the future
Old 12-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #3939
Tech Initiate

Default Engine start problem

Hi ,i am new to nitro, just got myself a V1S, the problem i am facing is I want to start the engine to break in the engine but it will stale after 5 secs , the fuel seems like not sucking into the engine when the engine is running, heard that its the fuel tank design problem ,got to use the V1R fuel tank ,is this true ,or whats is the possible problem , had try tuning the fuel inlet needle & the idle on the engine seems like fuel is still not sucking into it

Last edited by levin; 12-02-2003 at 12:57 PM.
levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:55 PM   #3940
Tech Master

I doubt it will be the fuel tank if its a brand new car, check your idle needle, it should be able to sit there for a while and idle smoothly then just die.
When it stalls do you have to prime the engine again to start it ?
And when it stalls does it just die or does the idle slow down then die ?
Old 12-03-2003, 05:58 AM   #3941
Tech Initiate

It will just slow down & die within less then 10sec of idleing , from the tiny bubble in the fuel line i can see that the fuel is not moving at all , and the fuel seems like unable to prime into the engine again, got to drop a few droplet through the air filter inlet in order to get it start again , but will stall within few secs again
Old 12-03-2003, 10:49 AM   #3942
Tech Regular

hey there levin!! ive got a v1s too but when i break inn the engine i didnt have any problems wid it. Have you adjust the idle needle? or how about the fuel pin have u adjust that? or the fuel hose if you using the standard thats may be your prblem cause their a bit small..you have to get a bigger fuel hose i think its 1mm so that the fuel can manage to go thru your engine.. When you pulling the pullstart have you notice the fuel goin to the fuel hoseline??
Old 12-03-2003, 11:53 AM   #3943
Tech Initiate

So far ,everything is stock, i prime the fuel by covering the air intake, after that pull start ,engine start but fuel won't move at all, and it will start to die off within few secs ,I am going to change the fuel line to try how is the result 1st
Old 12-04-2003, 11:02 AM   #3944
Tech Regular

Default levin

U know b4 i never cover the air intake i actually put fuel in the air intake to make it start but thats a wrong thing to do it but i was new in this industries so yeah.... after awhile my engine wont start cause u know y?! there a airleak in the carby which wont start the engine i took the wrist by doin the wrong procedures and then my car is now in the hobby shop putting a new engine on it.. and pls dont make a mistake that i did....

Where you from anywayz?? sydney or interstate
Old 12-04-2003, 12:48 PM   #3945
Tech Initiate

I do suspect there is is airleak somewhere as the fuel is unable to prime to the carb once the engine stall, btw i'm from sg.

Oh yes,i went to the os website and found that the A3 plug is use to break in engine , do u guys use this plug to breakin engine.
I am thinking also that i might be using the wrong plug(stock) ,thats why causing all the problem.

Last edited by levin; 12-04-2003 at 02:12 PM.