R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-27-2003, 02:08 PM   #3916
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by lee82gx
hi guys ....
eagle shocks?bad ratings....shock fluid doesn't like to stay in.
the lower shock caps are leaky as there isn't any O-rings under.
Geeee... that's a tad dodgy !

Well, Kyosho quality ... you get what you pay for I guess !
R J M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 09:18 PM   #3917
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowner_V1S
Default thanx rjm

thanx again mate... oic... is it depends on the weather or sumthin... and also the shocks oil wats a good brand or they all da same?? the shocks oil has diff weight right?? wat are they??can u pls tell me... wat 'bout the tires? rubber or foam?? wats the best buy 1 to buy?!?? thanx again for all your help
Lowner_V1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 10:38 PM   #3918
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: thanx rjm

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowner_V1S
thanx again mate... oic... is it depends on the weather or sumthin... and also the shocks oil wats a good brand or they all da same?? the shocks oil has diff weight right?? wat are they??can u pls tell me... wat 'bout the tires? rubber or foam?? wats the best buy 1 to buy?!?? thanx again for all your help
Shock oils, I personally use Team Associated and I know a lot of other people do too. I usually used 60wt front and 50wt rear, though my track is huge and has pretty high traction.

Diff Oils, I used something around 30,000wt to 50,000wt oil in the front and 10,000wt in the rear. Again, this is because I race on a large, high traction track. If your track is smaller then you might wanna lower the weights to something like 10,000wt front and 5,000wt rear to give you more turn in.

Tyres, I use foams on my EVO because basically to be competitive I have to. However with my V-One S I have used Kyosho and Take-Off rubbers with some success. Again, it depends where you run your car... let me know this so I or someone else can point you in the right direction.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:54 AM   #3919
Tech Regular

Smile thanx again

so ur saying bigger track bigger wt and if its a small track small wt... how about the springs soft,med and hard??? different wt different springs right? i didnt quiet get it?! can u actually get a 10 wt and 5 wt? do u have to measure it when u putting diff oils in ur shocks?? by the way i got a eagle shocks with 40 wt front and rear... can u actually have the same wt all around like front and rear??? can u tell me wats softest wt to the hardest wt can i wanna write it down.. wat do u think about kyosho oil shocks?? how much is the team associated shock oils???
Old 11-28-2003, 01:00 AM   #3920
Tech Regular

hey rjm shocks oils and diff oils is different right???? damn..... i think i got mixed up hahahahahah... too many things running in my head!!!! give some points about shock oils and diff oils if its ok with you thanx again man...
Old 11-28-2003, 05:04 AM   #3921
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

Quote:
Originally posted by R J M
Thank you sausage... you're obviously trying to get to 1000 posts any way you can !

I am shocked and appauled
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 05:07 AM   #3922
Tech Master

Quote:
hey rjm shocks oils and diff oils is different right???? damn..... i think i got mixed up hahahahahah... too many things running in my head!!!! give some points about shock oils and diff oils if its ok with you thanx again man...
They are very very different, if you were to put diff oil in your shocks then they would hardly work and move, as it is extremely thick. IF you put shock oil in your diffs they would be very loose and that wouldnt benifit you much.

To tell the difference between shock oil and diff oil is simple: diff oil is always rated in the thousands(1000wt or say 50000wt) and shock oils are in then tens (50wt or 30 wt).
Old 11-28-2003, 02:31 PM   #3923
Tech Regular

Default thanx sausage

thanx man... oic so i know now the difference!?! rjm told me that team associated shocks oils are good?? how about the diff oils wats a good brand??? so if i race in a small track use a small wt of diff oils?! and a bigger track bigger wt of diff oils?? is that right?? how about the shocks oils for small and bigger track wat wt have to use?? does the shocks oils and diff oils ran out after the race?? and also the weather wat wt of shock oils and diff oil have to use???
Old 11-28-2003, 08:55 PM   #3924
Tech Master

Default Re: thanx sausage

Quote:
thanx man... oic so i know now the difference!?! rjm told me that team associated shocks oils are good?? how about the diff oils wats a good brand??? so if i race in a small track use a small wt of diff oils?! and a bigger track bigger wt of diff oils?? is that right?? how about the shocks oils for small and bigger track wat wt have to use?? does the shocks oils and diff oils ran out after the race?? and also the weather wat wt of shock oils and diff oil have to use???
Yep associated shock oils are good, for diff oils i use mugen seiki oils, ryan or someone else would be best to answer the other questions you got there.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:00 AM   #3925
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: thanx sausage

Quote:
There's a lot of questions here ! Ok... let's see....

Generally on smaller tracks you would use thinner oils so that your diff can rotate quicker, hence giving you better steering, but there are also other ways of getting more steering.

For shock oils it really does depend on the surface... if it's high/low traction, bumpy etc. If I remember correctly on larger tracks you would use thicker shock oils. Thicker oils will make the car feel more stable (usually used on high speed tracks) and thinner oils allow the car to change direction quicker.

Generally the oils will not "run out" as you put it unless there is a leak somewhere. Periodic rebuilds are also a good thing just to check the condition of the gears (in diffs) etc and to check the oil levels. The weather doesn't play a part in the selection, if it did then we'd be having more headaches than we already do !
Old 11-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #3926
Tech Regular

Default Thanx rjm

thanx again rjm.... rjm can you give some example for the smaller and bigger track?!!(like the shock oil and diff oils settings) so i know that im on the track wid you guys (thanx) sausage link told he uses mugen seiki diff oils? wat do u think about it? wats your best suggestion? for the upgrade parts for kyosho v1s wat do u think about the diff case for v1s do there help alot of just stay in the standard diff?! Speed or Handling of the r/c on the race track? wats more important?? or both
Old 11-30-2003, 12:31 AM   #3927
Tech Master

Default Re: Thanx rjm

Quote:
thanx again rjm.... rjm can you give some example for the smaller and bigger track?!!(like the shock oil and diff oils settings) so i know that im on the track wid you guys (thanx) sausage link told he uses mugen seiki diff oils? wat do u think about it? wats your best suggestion? for the upgrade parts for kyosho v1s wat do u think about the diff case for v1s do there help alot of just stay in the standard diff?! Speed or Handling of the r/c on the race track? wats more important?? or both
Ok,
I think it would be easier if you just went to your track and asked around to see what they are using, so that you get a base on what settings to run then just tweak it with changes until you feel it is at its best.
As for the diff case i would say it is a waste of money, its just a bit of anodized alloy that would make that part of the car a bit stronger, and since these cars are already built like a tank then i would spend your money on maybe a different exhaust system. The SP kyosho exhaust system is really really good, check in your manual for option parts its in there.

As for the last question it would be hard to say, but i would say handling is more important. But then again driving is the most important
Old 11-30-2003, 01:13 AM   #3928
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Thanx rjm

Quote:
As sausage said, find out from people at your track. Also this site (http://go.to/solaspeed) is a good reference.

Mugen and Kyosho... all good.

Upgrades, I'd start with the blue head if you're still using the kit engine, otherwise the Kyosho SP Exhaust that sausage mentioned, the two extra spider gears in the diffs and the UM210 clutch shoes. They're about all that is necessary.

Optional diff case ... it's one of the most useless upgrades available for the V-One S.

Both speed and handling are important ... but if I had to choose one I'd choose handling.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:13 AM   #3929
Tech Regular

Default thanx sausage and rjm

thanks alot guys... my gs15 engine is gone already im putting fantom engine .21 wid booster and its a pullstart and for the exhaust im running zac project...?? is zac project exhaust good or bad? and the rest after market parts for v1s like 2speed,special chasis and eagle shocks and springs...... and 40wt all around so... wat u guys think about my set up? good or bad? if its bad give me some points here i know wats to change in the future how much is the sp kyosho exhaust is that comes with engine manifold?
Old 11-30-2003, 04:36 PM   #3930
Tech Regular

Default hey guys

hey i heard that the mtx 2 dogbone fits into the v1s? is it true? and wat do u think about the kawahara aluminum side belt tensioner w/ bearing is that thing fits on a v1s?