V-ONE S Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

This years racing is drawing to a close - the last two meetings for the year at Dandenong are:

2nd November - On Road Round 17
16th November - (Trophy Dash)

. . . . and after that:
30th November - VORTEC VIC Cup (Castlemaine)

We would welcome V-One S Racer and Sausage down for a run - anyone else, too.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
This years racing is drawing to a close - the last two meetings for the year at Dandenong are:

. . . . and after that:

Trophy Dash ..... what's that?

I can't get there on the 2nd (Cup Weekend) but I wanna get there eventually
Old 10-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Trophy Dash ..... what's that?

Its where they put the trophies at the end of the straight and the drivers have to run from the other end to get them. First in best dressed.

It helps if you have a bit of meat on your bones to help push your way to the big trophy. How did you think I got all mine

You'd have no chance Ryan.
Where I have troble getting my feet wet in the shower I bet you have to run around to get wet.

DC
Old 10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by OZDC
Its where they put the trophies at the end of the straight and the drivers have to run from the other end to get them. First in best dressed.

It helps if you have a bit of meat on your bones to help push your way to the big trophy. How did you think I got all mine

You'd have no chance Ryan.
Where I have troble getting my feet wet in the shower I bet you have to run around to get wet.

DC
don't be such a smart ass DC! So true... and yet so sad !

Well I'll admit I'm no Mr Universe but isn't the aim to get there as quickly as possible ?!

Maybe that's where all my running round in the shower would come in handy ... ... !

Old 10-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Pro 4 is gonna be the next kit i'm buying...but that maybe at least 6 months!!
anyone got spy pics of the Serpent 710?
Old 10-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

. . . . and after that:

Thanks for the invite... but i don't think i can make it either as it is cup weekend...

I would like to come down but don't know if i'll have a car for very much longer
Old 10-22-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Sheesh . . . what is it with this Cup weekend thing - you guys race horses too?

Maybe it's a Lilydale thing - you don't race on Bathurst weekend - not on Cup weekend - hey, there's an egg and spoon race on at the local church fete this weekend . . . nope, not gonna race.

Anyway, the Melbourne Cup is on Tuesday . . . . gotta sort out the priorities, here.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Maybe it's a Lilydale thing - you don't race on Bathurst weekend - not on Cup weekend - hey, there's an egg and spoon race on at the local church fete this weekend . . . nope, not gonna race.

Anyway, the Melbourne Cup is on Tuesday . . . . gotta sort out the priorities, here.
I'm gone the hole weekend

Should be good
Old 10-22-2003, 05:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Help

Hi guys,

I took my car out 2day and the weirdest thing is happening with my car, with a full tank of fuel it shifts into second gear but with around 1/2 left it stops shifting. The only thing i can think of is the weight of the extra fuel making the engine pull more, but i don't really know. Any help would be great. Thanx

Ryan
Old 10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Aaaah you crack me up sometimes !

I think it's more an issue of being a little kiddie and not having my own car to drive me places !
Old 10-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Help

Originally posted by VoneS II
Hi guys,

I took my car out 2day and the weirdest thing is happening with my car, with a full tank of fuel it shifts into second gear but with around 1/2 left it stops shifting. The only thing i can think of is the weight of the extra fuel making the engine pull more, but i don't really know. Any help would be great. Thanx

Ryan
Very weird !
Old 10-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Hi everybody. Iam back.

I had a lot of fun w/ my V1S during the summer. Now winter is coming over here. I am thinking now it's the time for me to hopup and mod my baby. I just put in new thread schock. Now I want to put in a V1R 2 speed. Any1 know where I can get the 2 speed and idea to mod this Moster. I took my nephew V1R 2 speed and put the V1S and it look like I need some mod and the thing should fit perf. on the V1S.

Thanks in advan.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Help

Hi guys,

Ryan
It is possible that your engine is overheating and losing power towards the middle of a tank. This will prevent thr RPM getting high enough to shift into 2nd. Richen up your engine a little. It also may be due to an air leak. Take a temp reading after 1/2 a tank.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

It was a fairly cool night and i was running rich, but I will see about the air leak. I think theres a crack in the tank because there is a lot of fuel leaking from it (I just thought it was the primer).

Ryan
Old 10-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

It was a fairly cool night and i was running rich, but I will see about the air leak. I think theres a crack in the tank because there is a lot of fuel leaking from it (I just thought it was the primer).

Ryan
If your tank is cracked, or the packing is damaged (packing in the lid) then that will cause an air leak, which will cause high temps and a power loss. The reverse also can happen, ie you go too rich in the middle of the run, but this is extremely uncommon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.