R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-03-2003, 03:18 AM   #2911
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to phildee

How much ya pay for that blue diff, Cos I want to get one seeing as my diff case has a groove warn into it from a rock
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:17 AM   #2912
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
squizzy i got a Q or for any RR owner
the first pic you posted shows the RR brake linkage connection, is it possible to get that set up? with the ball cup and the long linkage?
The part number for the lever is FM334, the ball cup is just the same as a standard steering linkage.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:21 AM   #2913
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by phildee
How much ya pay for that blue diff, Cos I want to get one seeing as my diff case has a groove warn into it from a rock
It was $38.80 from Southern Cross Hobbies, the big advantage of this is that the output shaft has a ball race in it, it just smooths the action out so much!! I also bought for $24.50 a complete gear set for the diff, There were actually enough gears to rebuild 2 x v-one-r diffs (thats 4 x v-one-s diffs).

gt

Old 05-03-2003, 10:10 AM   #2914
Tech Rookie

Default 92013 Kyosho Inner Sponge

Hi,

I have some questions regarding Kyoshos inner sponge 92013.

I use the 92014-35 V Slick Tire M-35MN and my local club only allows Kyosho parts hence I need to use the Kyosho sponge.
Problem is I have very bad experience of this type of sponge. On my older car, a Super Ten, I got a trail at the inside of the tire after only a couple of minutes of racing. The setup of the car was fairly good. Soon the trail had become so deep that the tire split up.
Now, this exact thing happend with my V-one S with the kit tires. Knowing that these tires are not that good I still wonder why this happen? Is there some way I can prevent it but still use the Kyosho inner sponge? BTW, when I place the sponge inside the tire the edges of the tire tend to be higher than the center of the wear surface, like a "U".

The first race of the season is tomorrow so I'm a bit stressed right know I appreciate all answers, theory’s, speculations etc. Just gimme your word!

(Sorry for this long input, I've trouble formulating this into something sane! And yes, English is NOT my native language.)

Whoopa!
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #2915
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Runner

Try using the foam inner sponge 92903, you'll find the tyres will wear better & grip better under most conditions...we've been using them for over 9 months now and have had very good results...
Also, try the 92902 series of tyre, they wear better than the 92014's

Lue
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #2916
Tech Rookie

Default Sponge

Thanks for your information Lue.

The problem is that our club has decided that only the 92013 sponge should be allowed! (How stiiuupid is that?!) So, I'm stuck with them for the time being. Any clue why I get a trail on the inside of the tire? It really buggers me

Robert
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #2917
Tech Master

Default Re: 92013 Kyosho Inner Sponge

Quote:
Originally posted by Runner
Hi,

I have some questions regarding Kyoshos inner sponge 92013.

I use the 92014-35 V Slick Tire M-35MN and my local club only allows Kyosho parts hence I need to use the Kyosho sponge.
Problem is I have very bad experience of this type of sponge. On my older car, a Super Ten, I got a trail at the inside of the tire after only a couple of minutes of racing. The setup of the car was fairly good. Soon the trail had become so deep that the tire split up.
Now, this exact thing happend with my V-one S with the kit tires. Knowing that these tires are not that good I still wonder why this happen? Is there some way I can prevent it but still use the Kyosho inner sponge? BTW, when I place the sponge inside the tire the edges of the tire tend to be higher than the center of the wear surface, like a "U".

The first race of the season is tomorrow so I'm a bit stressed right know I appreciate all answers, theory’s, speculations etc. Just gimme your word!

(Sorry for this long input, I've trouble formulating this into something sane! And yes, English is NOT my native language.)

Whoopa!

I understand the introduction of control tyres, but the control of everything having to be kyosho seems a bit over the top!

Out of interest Lue do you have a copy of the Kyosho cup regulations?

gt

Old 05-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #2918
Tech Master

Default Re: Sponge

Quote:

The problem is that our club has decided that only the 92013 sponge should be allowed! (How stiiuupid is that?!) So, I'm stuck with them for the time being. Any clue why I get a trail on the inside of the tire? It really buggers me

Robert

What do you mean by "a Trail"

gt

Old 05-03-2003, 05:42 PM   #2919
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Sponge

Quote:

Robert
There could be a number of reason for this line on the inside of the tyre.
1, To much toe out
2, To much negative camber
3, To much caster
These factors either just one of them or a couple of them combined can cause this problem of a wear line on the inside of the tyre.
The best way to find out how you tyre is wearing is to put a line across the tyre with a crayon and then go out and do a few laps and see how the tyre is actually sitting on the track bring it in and see what part of the line that has worn off .
Then adjust the camber or toe till the line wears off evenly across the tyre
Thats why I would rather run foams as you can see how the tyre is wearing just by looking at it.
Hope this helpswith your problem.

Lance
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 07:31 PM   #2920
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Team_Akina_1

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
squizzy i got a Q or for any RR owner
the first pic you posted shows the RR brake linkage connection, is it possible to get that set up? with the ball cup and the long linkage?
Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
The part number for the lever is FM334, the ball cup is just the same as a standard steering linkage.

gt

Sausage, I'm also using the R brake lever for my S, I like it a lot better than the stock set up.

Team_Akina_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:16 PM   #2921
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

Hmm i might just grab my self one of those

ive found that the line on the inside of tire is because of not enuf camber, now that i run more on the front i dont get that line
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:22 PM   #2922
Tech Addict

Default Brake Lever?

Is THIS? the one, or THIS?
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:28 PM   #2923
Tech Master

Default Re: Brake Lever?

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Is THIS? the one, or THIS?

Quote:
You deaf or what????

gt

Old 05-03-2003, 08:36 PM   #2924
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Brake Lever?

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
You deaf or what????

gt

What was that ?

After I posted I realised it was a stupid question !
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:37 PM   #2925
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Team_Akina_1

Does anyone know if the Kyosho Special engine mount is for PS or Non PS engines? Anyone has any spec of the engine mount for Pull start engine? I need to know the height of it. Thanks
Team_Akina_1 is offline   Reply With Quote