V-ONE S Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

i hate it when that happends
Old 04-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
He he.... poor Mr. Squizzy .

Might've been cancelled because of Easter.
Not according to the website

gt

Old 04-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Brett
i hate it when that happends
No racing this week Brett?

gt

Old 04-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

I just polished my Eagle/Anderson pipe. It was red and the paint was coming off so this is what I did....

Step 1. - Sanded it with fine grit sand paper until all the paint was removed.

Step 2. - Used steel wool to smooth it off all over.

Step 3. - Used 'Eagle One Mag/Alloy Wheel Polish' and sat there for about 20 minutes just shining it.

It's come up a treat! I can see my reflection in it so now I can use it to put my make-up on !

You should have a go at it phildee !
Old 04-20-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

I just found I can get most of the XXX Main stickers and paint masks from Radio Models. Now to decide which one !

Got any suggestions ?
Old 04-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by squizzytaylor
No racing this week Brett?

gt

nope not untill the 4th
Old 04-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

I just found I can get most of the XXX Main stickers and paint masks from Radio Models. Now to decide which one !

Got any suggestions ?
Whatever floats your boat!

Ive got some of that lexan picture glue and fascoat clear and ive been considering doing a Black label Penthouse body for ages......too bad its a family sport really The possibilities are endless

gt

Old 04-20-2003, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

I decided not to get a Lola body.... a Stratus 2.1 will be easier to paint. I'm gunna do some flames and maybe a little something else too.
Old 04-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

i went to easternats yesterday... it was awesome

so many nice cars
their was a ute that had a supercharger so high that it was almost as tall as me and then they put it on the dyno and it was shit!

lol and some guy almost got ran over !
got a sweet poster of a cartoon r34 skyline
Old 04-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

this is the cartoon skyline i got
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-cartoonskylineeh.jpg  
Old 04-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Alright.... now i'm really cheesed ! I go to drive my car out the front, start it up and the idle's a bit high. So I wait a few secs and without touching anything the revs hit the roof. Naturally I shit myself then come to my senses and shut it off!

Then I adjusted the idle, started it.... it seemed like it fixed it but I'll be buggered because the revs still rose! This time I held it to the ground and adjusted the needles (richened the top and bottom) but spank my bottom and call me Charlie... it still does the same thing!

I say to myself "stuff this, i'm driving it!" But even with each of the needles at three turns out the clutch is still engaged and it wants to take off!

I think I either have an air leak somewhere or it's somehow the UM210 clutch ! Ever since I got it it hasn't been the same!

What will go wrong next ?!
Old 04-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

nah its not the um210 clutch
if it was engadging to early then the revs wouldnt be going up... they would go down and then they would go up but

i reckon u have a air leak someone
seal off the part where the carb connects to the crankcase... other than that i reckon your flywheel bearing is buggered
Old 04-20-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

wait for SP racers reply
he knows all
Old 04-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Alright.... now i'm really cheesed ! I go to drive my car out the front, start it up and the idle's a bit high. So I wait a few secs and without touching anything the revs hit the roof. Naturally I shit myself then come to my senses and shut it off!

Then I adjusted the idle, started it.... it seemed like it fixed it but I'll be buggered because the revs still rose! This time I held it to the ground and adjusted the needles (richened the top and bottom) but spank my bottom and call me Charlie... it still does the same thing!

I say to myself "stuff this, i'm driving it!" But even with each of the needles at three turns out the clutch is still engaged and it wants to take off!

I think I either have an air leak somewhere or it's somehow the UM210 clutch ! Ever since I got it it hasn't been the same!

What will go wrong next ?!
Point 1) you have 2 idle adjustments, one on the carb and one on the radio, have you adjusted both?

Point 2) its not the crank bearings as they are not even 1 hour old.

Point 3) The bottom end mixture is adjusted by position and NOT by number of turns, it should sit beetween flush (leanish) and 1.0mm out (richish) (around 0.5mm being a good starting point). General rule of thumb. This was directly translated from the Japanese handbook and not the rubbish bit of paper Dawn Trading include when the car is purchased.

Point 4) you dont mention whether or nor you can bring the revs down by physically moving your linkages and whether or not the car only does this when the radio gear is on.

gt

Old 04-21-2003, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sausage_link,

you come out here, you run your mouth jabroni.. well the rock says this.....LOL!

wait for SP racers reply
I don't know all!....but I'm happy to help.

V-One S Racer, I'm home all week, gimme a call or PM , we'll meet up somewhere and I'll fix your problems for once and for all ! ( and for everybody here! )

Lue

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.