R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #91
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Most of the racers around here go for the OFNA 1700 NiMH. I use it myself and have had 0 issues. I know Jersey uses the Life bats maybe he can help you with that if its the way you want to go. Ive ran back to back long mains and had no issues. At Timezone I ran the 30 min B main and bumped to the A main that was 45 mins. Same battery no issues at all. Some people use Lipo too. The choice is yours!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #92
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
Most of the racers around here go for the OFNA 1700 NiMH. I use it myself and have had 0 issues. I know Jersey uses the Life bats maybe he can help you with that if its the way you want to go. Ive ran back to back long mains and had no issues. At Timezone I ran the 30 min B main and bumped to the A main that was 45 mins. Same battery no issues at all. Some people use Lipo too. The choice is yours!
Appreciated, I looked at those and they have two styles, hump or flat pack?

Last edited by howard85may; 09-05-2012 at 04:40 AM.
howard85may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #93
Tech Adept

anybody?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #94
Tech Initiate

Flat packs will not fit.... you need a hump pack in 3/2 configuration.
Wachsmann64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #95
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachsmann64 View Post
Flat packs will not fit.... you need a hump pack in 3/2 configuration.
Yep they can be found at Hobby Town or most shops that support racers. ~25 to 30 bucks but is the best NiMH you can get for receivers.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #96
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Protek, Hobbico, ReVtech, etc.. All the standard LiFe hump packs should fit, and perform much better than NIMH packs, IMHO
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #97
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate View Post
Protek, Hobbico, ReVtech, etc.. All the standard LiFe hump packs should fit, and perform much better than NIMH packs, IMHO
Thanks guys! One more question, what bodies do you all run? what works best for traction and high speed?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #98
Tech Addict

I use the Ipanema Warrior, it has great stability in a straight line and lots of downforce. It also helps a lot with steering. Two more important things are that it has a good price and it is made in America.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard85may View Post
Thanks guys! One more question, what bodies do you all run? what works best for traction and high speed?
I'm down to the Protoform PF8, OFNA McLaren or the Alpha R3 on the DM1. Looks like the Serpent boys like the McLaren.

There are some differences between the three, so you need to drive them and pick what fits your chassis set up and the track.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #100
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
I'm down to the Protoform PF8, OFNA McLaren or the Alpha R3 on the DM1. Looks like the Serpent boys like the McLaren.

There are some differences between the three, so you need to drive them and pick what fits your chassis set up and the track.
This is true for most racers but keep in mind if you are not planning on racing right off the get go get ya one that looks cool and worry more about learning the car. Bodies do help us racers that are pushing the limits every time we go out. For a beast of a car to just mess around with and scream down the road you can go with any body. My advice would be find one you think looks cool and run with it. I have everything from Audis to corvettes to whatever that goofy team c body is. I even have the "horrible handling" Subaru because I drive a Subaru. Remember its 83.649214 % driver so donít be scared to get what you want or think looks cool. For racing I do the Mclaren and or the goofy Team C body (R8).
Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #101
Tech Adept

Quote:
This is true for most racers but keep in mind if you are not planning on racing right off the get go get ya one that looks cool and worry more about learning the car. Bodies do help us racers that are pushing the limits every time we go out. For a beast of a car to just mess around with and scream down the road you can go with any body. My advice would be find one you think looks cool and run with it. I have everything from Audis to corvettes to whatever that goofy team c body is. I even have the "horrible handling" Subaru because I drive a Subaru. Remember its 83.649214 % driver so donít be scared to get what you want or think looks cool. For racing I do the Mclaren and or the goofy Team C body (R8).
I went with the Protoform pf8-gt. I want to try the Ipanema warrior also.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #102
Tech Initiate

Quote:

where do you get the team c body from ?
cheers gt
Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #103
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theerm View Post
where do you get the team c body from ?
cheers gt
I would contact Dan at RCBOYZ.com. He has them in his shop but Im not sure if they have them online. There are 2 Team C bodies and he has both of them on the shelf here in Utah.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #104
Tech Initiate

Thanks terrabilly. I will see what I can do.
Cheers Greg
Old 09-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #105
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard85may View Post
I'm looking for all-out speed and torque. Thanks in advance.
You should give S&H a try. It's got the torque AND the high end and will eat a Rossi for lunch. It's another of those engines that has big performance without a big name or a big price.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote