R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard85may View Post
ok, i been looking at some high end servos, some high torque and some high speed. which one goes on steering, high speed? throttle, high torque?
High torque for steering, high speed for brake/throttle
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks again
howard85may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #48
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Have you figured out what you are going with power plant wise? Just wanted to throw something else out there on engines. You have to have the correct pipe in order to get the best performance out of your engine. The pipe is what makes all your dollars work on that engine.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
Have you figured out what you are going with power plant wise? Just wanted to throw something else out there on engines. You have to have the correct pipe in order to get the best performance out of your engine. The pipe is what makes all your dollars work on that engine.
Roma .25 murnan modified.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Romas are beast! There really isnít much that will touch this engine in a GT. I hope you can find the traction! Iíd get the recommended Pipe and header for the Roma. I was hesitant at first with doing this due to cost but man did it make the difference with my 35 Plus 21 Tuned. The right pipe makes all the difference. Here is the link to find the Pipe/header combo.

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/products...display=public
Old 08-29-2012, 04:44 AM   #51
Tech Addict

before everything make sure you know the rules and regulations of the track you will be running. are you going to take part in a series. if they have a limitation you may end up getting a motor you can not race.

here the class we run is controlled so only listed equipment can be ran on the cars. we do not want people buying very expensive stuff or no way of obtaining and ruining the fun.

at the moment we run Xceed .21 buggy engines. we will later add the nova .21 or the .28 5P engines to the list. so people have a list of accepted items they can use on the cars.

I would suggest a cheap engine to run and get used to your car also later you can make this engine your rain motor.

Racing since the 20th century
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #52
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughbeard View Post
before everything make sure you know the rules and regulations of the track you will be running. are you going to take part in a series. if they have a limitation you may end up getting a motor you can not race.

here the class we run is controlled so only listed equipment can be ran on the cars. we do not want people buying very expensive stuff or no way of obtaining and ruining the fun.

at the moment we run Xceed .21 buggy engines. we will later add the nova .21 or the .28 5P engines to the list. so people have a list of accepted items they can use on the cars.

I would suggest a cheap engine to run and get used to your car also later you can make this engine your rain motor.
I tried to point this out a while ago and then came to the conclusion he is building a rocket ship lol. I dont htink he is looking for track time. BTW those Novarossi 21 5 ports are great. I ran one at Timezone this year and it was stout! $199.99 for RPM to the moon
Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #53
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
I tried to point this out a while ago and then came to the conclusion he is building a rocket ship lol. I dont htink he is looking for track time. BTW those Novarossi 21 5 ports are great. I ran one at Timezone this year and it was stout! $199.99 for RPM to the moon
Yep, exactly. No track racing at the moment. I just want pure performance and all out speed. I may decide to detune it later for track use..
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #54
Tech Adept

I have a question about savox servos, i have read a lot of comments about them being noisy, is this true? Even if they are cheaper and not going to perform as well, i'd rather just spend the money once on high quality stuff like futaba servos or ko propo.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
I have a question about savox servos, i have read a lot of comments about them being noisy, is this true? Even if they are cheaper and not going to perform as well, i'd rather just spend the money once on high quality stuff like futaba servos or ko propo.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-High-Voltage

Two of those are all you really need. There's no reason to spend more.
They're quite, very quick and they have very high resolution (easier to drive precise with).
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate View Post
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-High-Voltage

Two of those are all you really need. There's no reason to spend more.
They're quite, very quick and they have very high resolution (easier to drive precise with).
ok, i never heard of these before but i will definately check them out! thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Digital servos in general are noisy, but Savox's are definitely some of the loudest. The more money you spend on servo's, generally the better they get. I've heard great things about the Radio Post servos, I just have a hard time justifying spending more than $100 a servo, especially after seeing what the Savox's are capable of. If you want to spend big money check out Savox's High Voltage Brushless line. I'd do the SB-2274SG for steering and the SB-2271SG for throttle/brake. Run 'em on 2S Li-Po, oh yeah baby!
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #58
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
Digital servos in general are noisy, but Savox's are definitely some of the loudest. The more money you spend on servo's, generally the better they get. I've heard great things about the Radio Post servos, I just have a hard time justifying spending more than $100 a servo, especially after seeing what the Savox's are capable of. If you want to spend big money check out Savox's High Voltage Brushless line. I'd do the SB-2274SG for steering and the SB-2271SG for throttle/brake. Run 'em on 2S Li-Po, oh yeah baby!
Yea C, i saw those and kind of read up on them. I was comparing them to ko propos and futabas. Now, radiopost too.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Once you try the radiopost servos then you'll know why so many switched to them.
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #60
Tech Adept

Radioposts are starting to look very appealing.