R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello Chet, I am not sure what youíre talking about but I will chime in since I represent Matrix USA.
First I will not go out and say Matrix tires are better than any other company, but I will tell you by the results that are proven from Matrix Tires, they have been winning a lot of Major event around the world. So let me explain to you since you had asked and what I have read on other topic forums from your statements.
All the companies that import or manufacture tires are very good and close to equal performance. A lot of the time the wheel plays into that factor of performance. Most of the companiesí get there foam from a few companies around the world that is no secret. Most of the time if the tire and wheel combo works well, they will sale.
But this what does play a factor in the r/c business, everybody thinks that all the companies are making lots of money selling product and thinks this industry is huge, it not, itís a small industry and everybody hears everything people are saying. In the industry you have friends, loyalist, inventory, customer service and pricing that is what comes down to purchasing tires for racing.

Friends:
1) Friends will usually run what their friends run, that will last for a while and sometimes change after a driver tries another company out, but that depends on how much the race gets involved.

Loyalist:
loyalist racers just will stay with a company because of their kindness and the help that they have given or shown a driver from the start. Yes a driver will leave a company when they have the opportunity to get sponsored from other companies to enhance their racing carrier, but all companies understand that will happen in r/c racing, just leave on a good note and do not jump ship all the time or you might not have the opportunity to come back.

Inventory:
you better have them in stock all the time to sell or you might as well close shop.

Customer Service:
Customer service, this is getting bigger and more important than ever in the r/c business. But if your customer service is terrible, then you will not last long or you will lose customers.

Pricing:
Pricing is getting so important it crazy. All the tire companies are truly not making much at all, most companies are selling so cheap to sell tires if it keeps going the way it is, we all will be buying tires from out of the country and I can tell you, it will be a lot more expensive than you guys can ever imagine.

So Chet, here is the deal about what is a good set of tires. First, if the tire companies cannot make a good rim that holds up to the end user, the tires will not sell no matter how good the foam is. At the price of tires, they have to hold up to most every style of drivers, that is why they make a standard, carbon and light weight rim, yes that is for performance, but some of those types of wheels are not for the average or beginner drivers. So letís say there is only 6 companies in the world that make wheels and tires and 5 of the 6 companies only make LW wheels and 1 company manufactures standard wheels, I guarantee the company the makes the standard wheels would be the biggest seller, just because of the amount of abuse the wheel can take, not when the foam rips, that is another story.
The standard set of tires and wheels will sell better because of 85% percent of the drivers are not like the top 15% of the top drivers, the 85% of us crash more and in general the first thing that hits the wall is the tire and wheel. If we are putting out $25.00 for every time we get out on the track and crashed one time and the wheel cracks, we would get out of the hobby because we could not afford to race.

So I say support the company you want to support and don't worry about who says what and what is better, we all have a different driving style and some tires and wheels suit each driver differently.

All the USA tire importers work really hard and put out a ton of money to carry tires, support what company you like and do not worry about the BS.

American Touring car champs race, how good is your buddy, what are you asking?
The race was WON by Scotty Barnes on Matrix Tires, how good is he, pretty dam good, is that what your asking? MATRIX WON.

I had to go into detail because I have seen you post on other tire topics about the same questions or concerns.

Thanks Billy

I think that's the most clear well explained posts you've ever done Billy!!! Haha

And I like the last part best...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #107
Tech Regular

are we all clear on that now ?...........
Old 07-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #108
Tech Rookie

I switched to matrix carbons from enneti carbons. IMHO they're both damn near identical in performance, but the matrix are less expensive (at least for what I can get them for). I have been completely happy going to Matrix.

Also billies post is spot on.
HTUJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am glad to have you on Team Matrix. If you have question or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time and thank you for your support with ACORN RACING USA also,..
Thank you Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #110
Tech Master

Hello everyone, I am waiting on the results page from the Nationals warm up race this last week end. Once I get those I will post up the results from the race. Had a great time and the MATRIX TIRE worked awesome again. Some awesome racing all weekend.

Congratulations to Mike Swauger for TQ and wins in both 1/10 and 1/8th scale classes running MATRIX TIRES.

1/10th scale

Qualifying 1/10th
1st Mike Swauger - MATRIX
2nd ?
3rd ?
I need help with this one.

Congratulations to all you guys, awesome job..

1/8th scale

Qualifying 1/8th

2nd Billy Bowerman - MATRIX
3rd Walter Diaz - SERPENT ENNITTI'S
Attached Thumbnails
Matrix Tires USA-996501_10100314397526692_907035851_n.jpg   Matrix Tires USA-1072146_10201504320949490_1847893286_o.jpg  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 180 (99%+)

1/10th scale Amain top 3

2nd Eric Denette-Matrix
3rd Eugene Osborne-Matrix
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #112
Tech Elite

Default for you boss Billy

Amain Qualifying 1/10

1. Mike Swauger- MATRIX
2. Mike Palazzola
3. KJ Jones
4. Brian Thomas
5. Eric Dennete-MATRIX
6. Ray Takahashi
7. Billy Bowerman-MATRIX
8. John Toews-MATRIX
9. Eugene Osborne-MATRIX
10. Reynolds-MATRIX

Amain Qualifying 1/8

1. Mike Swauger
2. Billy Bowerman
3. Walter Diaz
4. Christian Lopez
5. Joaquin De Soto Jr.
6. Tony Clarck
7. Chris Verano
8. Brian Thomas
9. Jon Prather
10. Sean Lue

Last edited by pinoy69racer; 07-17-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #113
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTUJohn View Post
I switched to matrix carbons from enneti carbons. IMHO they're both damn near identical in performance, but the matrix are less expensive (at least for what I can get them for). I have been completely happy going to Matrix.

Also billies post is spot on.
Good Job on pre national race john, looks like you are the only HB out there but when you switch tires and go to MATRIX you ended up 6th Place...

Hope you race again in GLARCC...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #114
Tech Master

MATRIX tire Factory Pilot DJ Apolaro wins 200mm A Main Final at Copa Mitad Del Mundo.

Sunday came and the day was only for finals. The meeting was run an IFMAR format and then the organizers added a finalís B for a second chance at a trophy. This looks like a cool idea, as it gives the drivers a second chance that did not make the finals to race it out again and take home a trophy. The Sedan finals came around and the start was pretty good for DJ. He went from 3rd to 2nd pretty quick and found his way into first. After that Hermann Saa was behind him for a while and the pair would battle it out. Hermann tried a couple of passes and one or the other rubbing occurred, but Hermann waited to let DJ pass again. Despite a horsepower disadvantage little by little through his consistency, DJ could pull away and then the race started going his way. The Capricorn driver had an error free race and this allowed DJ to take the win by a comfortable margin with Hermann Saa in Second and Rodrigo Grijalva in 3rd.
Attached Thumbnails
Matrix Tires USA-copamitaddelmundo.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #115
Tech Regular

Matrix will produce Rubber Touring and 1/8 Offroad Buggy tires.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #116
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoskar View Post
Matrix will produce Rubber Touring and 1/8 Offroad Buggy tires.
That is correct and there is a lot more in the testing phase but can't release any info yet.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #117
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfilo123 View Post
That is correct and there is a lot more in the testing phase but can't release any info yet.

Make them Top Perfomance as in 1/10 Nitro Class.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #118
Tech Adept

Last edited by dfilo123; 08-01-2013 at 10:06 PM.
dfilo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #119
Tech Adept

Default 2013 Roar Nationals

Matrix Tires USA will be closed September 10-17 while attending the 2013 Roar Nationals.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #120
Tech Adept

Default 2014 On Road Team

Matrix Tires USA is know excepting resumes for On Road and are new Off Road team please send resumes to. [email protected]