Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Matrix starts again tomorrow?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congratulation to Series Champion WINNER Scotty Barnes and 2nd place finisher Eric Dennett, using MATRIX Tires. It was a great battle with the two separated my 3 points at the end of the 4 race series at SpeedWorld WORLD class 1/10 scale Nitro and Electric facility.

www.acornracingUSA.com
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS "NITRO" ON ROAD RACERS
Attached Thumbnails
Matrix Tires USA-021.jpg  
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

After 2 years of running these tires, I actually signed the contract. Look forward to another year of Matrix tires on my sedan.

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #49
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
After 2 years of running these tires, I actually signed the contract. Look forward to another year of Matrix tires on my sedan.

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Thank you Scott, Matrix Tires USA is looking foward in having you on the Team and the help you give to other racers.

Thank you Billy
Old 12-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
Tech Master

Hello everyone, The MATRIX Tire Family would like to wish you and your family a HAPPY and SAFE HOLIDAYS.

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS "NITRO" ON-ROAD RACERS

Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello everyone, The MATRIX Tire Family would like to wish you and your family a HAPPY and SAFE HOLIDAYS.

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS "NITRO" ON-ROAD RACERS

G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Is Matrix Tires USA attending the Winter Nats?
Hello g87z, yes sir, we are and will have tires for those that need them at the track for everyones support. MATRIX Tires USA is a sponsor for this race.

If you need tires please get them early if possible to ensure that you get what you need. You can go to www.matrixtiresusa.com or WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM, both sponsors of the winter nats.
Thank you for asking.....
Billy
Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

matrix tires worked great at the mugen challenge
Attached Thumbnails
Matrix Tires USA-376517_587413781273039_1377207951_n.jpg  
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #54
Tech Master

Congratulations to Mike Swauger and Billy Bowerman for winning the A main Finals at the Mugen West Coast Challenge race held in Los Angeles California this past weekend. Mike also TQ the 1/8th scale class.

Both drivers were using MATRIX Tires carbons.

This was Mike’s first race on Matrix Tires and was extremely please the way the tire worked and stayed consistent through the A main and qualifiers. Billy has used the tires for the first time at the U.S. Nationals in October and has been very happy with his results since running the tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Matrix Tires USA-011.jpg   Matrix Tires USA-093.jpg   Matrix Tires USA-083.jpg   Matrix Tires USA-089.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #55
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Matrix At Winternats

Matrix Tires U.S.A will be attending the 2013 winternats as a sponsors of the event as well as race support for are team and customers we will also have some new products to introduce at the race including a new 1/8 body, new tire line including a light weight wheel, also we would like to congratulate Mike Swauger For Joining The Matrix Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #56
Tech Regular

luv the Matrix tires and thank's for the lastest shipment !
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #57
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default 2013 Winternats

Congratulations to Billy Bowerman for TQ in masters 1/8 Scale and Mike Swauger for TQ in 1/8 Open both are running are new 1/8 rim Billy is running regular weights and Mike is running carbons.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #58
Tech Master

Hello everyone, just return home from one of the best and most competitive races in the USA. I finally had a chance to sit down to thank everyone. I would like to thank the Ft Myers crew for another outstanding job and cannot wait tell next year if still racing.
I was a little saddened by the rain that came down, but I am sure everyone else was also. We lost a day and a half of racing so it made it more difficult for most to but on their best performance. We all now the top drivers always stand out more than some of us, but that racing and that is why I keep coming back, to get better and have fun, screw the FUN, I’m too competitive, LOL.
I would like to thank Doug Filo from Matrix Tires USA and owner of Matrix Tires Christian Boni for all their support. Matrix Tires worked perfect all weekend. Doug Filo from Matrix USA drove to the Winter Nats from Ohio just to bring a large quantity of tires and all the types of wheels Matrix manufactures and designs. Doug thought that it would be nice to have the tires on hand for anybody that uses Matrix Tires or if any new customer would like to purchase and try Matrix tires at the race. The traction was high and we all were running tires on the rim so needing extra tires was a must. Matrix has 3 different types of wheels, light weight that Mike Swauger ran, White regular what I ran and some of the other team drivers and customers ran the carbons. So it was interesting to see many different drivers run all of the select types of wheels that Matrix designs. I used the regular because I felt for that it made the car less aggressive for me to drive over the other types of wheels for the type of traction and my driving style, if I even have a driving style, lol.
I ran the carbon wheels in 1/10 and I believe Loran Whiting ran the regular white wheels on her touring which she was in the A main.

I started 4th in the C main in touring but had a really good car in both mains I was in. I had nothing to lose since I was in the C main so I made some drastic change on the car after it rained. I went softer than anyone I saw in touring but I like the way the car felt in practice that morning. I left the set up alone and hoping it was good enough to compete in the main. I was fortunate to win the C main and move up.
I moved up to the B main and had a 2 lap lead at the 14 min mark but then blew a rear diff out. I blew a diff earlier in qualifying and was not smart enough to put alum gears in the car. Knowing that the traction was at its highest and that I have ever been on, I put the plastic back in, shame on me, learned by mistakes.
In 8th scale I was also leading the master class from the start to the 35 min mark and that was exciting, but then old age settled in, a few little mistakes throughout the race but nothing to hurt the car. I then hit the chicane and then hit the sweeper, the car was good until I received a blow while upside down on the back straightaway and that finished the car with less than 5 min left in the race. Had fun as always and sometimes frustrated, but as long as I learn by my mistakes I will keep improving, hopefully, lol.
I would like to give a special thanks to my wife Tracy for having great pit stops and I fell she is one of best at what she does in the pits and all the passion that she has for the hobby and for me to do well. She is my best friend in the world and love her so much. I am very lucky old man to have her by my side at the races. I would like to thank Doug from Matrix USA, Kevin from KEVCO/PICCO, Edo Picco and Christian Boni for all their help.

I would like to thank, RC AMERICA-X-RAY, MATRIX TIRES USA, KO PROPO, KOSMIC FUEL, PICCO-KEVCO RACING, ACORN RACING USA, UP-GRADE RC and MIKE SWAUGER for all their help at every race I attend.
Thanks everyone for your support
Billy

Last edited by YLLIB; 02-25-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #59
Tech Master

Matrix Tires USA would like to thank each and every one of you racers for your support. Matrix is very excited about 2013 and was pleased with the Winter Nats results and the amount of new customers using Matrix Tires in such a short time.
We hope your pleased with the tires, wheels and the support we offer and are always trying to offer the best support we can at most events around the country.

Thank you for your time and support.
Doug Filo and Billy Bowerman
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #60
Tech Master

I was also using the NEW Matrix 1/8th scale body. The thickness of the body is .75. I thought the body worked great. It is a well balanced body IMO.
Everybody drives different, but I think it is worth a try.
You can purchase those from Matrix Tires USA.

part number on body is EFRA number 31535.
Attached Thumbnails
Matrix Tires USA-rsz_1059.jpg