R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
First I'm not getting my ass kicked since I pretty much stopped racing.

My son on the other hand is on a very good way to the top in 8th scale.

He just hates it, not to know if people are really better or if they are cheating...

And just for the record, you wouldn't kick my ass if I drove blind folded, old age an all :-)
if your son is that good he better get out the sauce machine all sports have a little glitch
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #62
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
I don't think its cheating when sauce is oozing all over the cap sauce applicator at any given track just cause a person doesn't sauce doesn't mean the saucer is cheating its an option side note if you can beat YB that bad you must be in the top 30 as a racer
Thanks Will!

Let soccer dad dream....................dreaming is free.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Everyone knows me ill go to any race possible take results as they come to many people that don't race stir up controversy sauce is not a big deal if the pros didn't sauce they would still be at the top racers race period
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 Solo,it's 110% dedication that make the Pros be Pros.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #65
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

There is plenty of saucing going on in offroad too. Of course, it often doesn't do anything, depends on the surface. Some surfaces it does more harm than good. Some, you had better have the right sauce or you might as well go home.

I say we ban tire sauce, but make driver saucing MANDATORY. I have won hungover before
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
+1 Solo,it's 110% dedication that make the Pros be Pros.
well he makes it seem if they didn't sauce he would have a shot and that's a dream

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 08-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know Stefan personally I remember seeing him in some very old serpent thread,but yes,that's a dream for most of us on RCTech.I know I wouldn't have a chance right now at the EC,don't drive 200mm in more than a year nor I have a competitive engine,car is great though.
Well Wingracer,driver saucing before or after the race?
Old 08-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
There is plenty of saucing going on in offroad too. Of course, it often doesn't do anything, depends on the surface. Some surfaces it does more harm than good. Some, you had better have the right sauce or you might as well go home.

I say we ban tire sauce, but make driver saucing MANDATORY. I have won hungover before
be careful saucing I sauced at 1/8 worlds next thing you know there's a video LOL

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 08-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #69
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
be careful saucing I sauced at 1/8 worlds next thing you know there's a video LOL
2003 Worlds Douglas Day tried to sauce me after my main. Only problem was I made a bump so I had to run again.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
What if they sauce buggy tires?
actually some do sauce offroad tires, if im not mistaken "Buggy Grip" is a well known tire additive
Old 08-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
if your son is that good he better get out the sauce machine all sports have a little glitch
Oh, trust me, he is. He's 14 and was German Junior Champion in 8th scale for the past 2 years without tire saucing.

He's American btw, but we got him outo there soon enough, so he'll be fine.

And no, he won't get the saucing machine out, because it's not legal here, and we teach him, that winning at any cost not what he needs.
It's not like turbo capitalism, there are boundries.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
well he makes it seem if they didn't sauce he would have a shot and that's a dream
Embicile
Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
side note if you can beat YB that bad you must be in the top 30 as a racer
Check with Uriah Murnan or other guys that raced at the Sugar Bowl and see what they think.

I don't see YB anywhere in the top 30, so yes, I'd beat him really bad.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I'm currently competeting at the euros and I want to to spill some info about the whole additive thing.

It's really great if you ask me!.

Because the traction is super high already and there simply is a certain limit of traction the car can handle the additive has become much less important.
Basically you apply it with the additive machine 30-45 minutes before your run and then completely wipe it off. The car is sliding a bit for the first 1-2 laps but then it grips up. If you run the same set for a second time a day you don't even have to apply additive because the car will only traction roll.

Last year at the Euros in Germany it was completely shit with the way the situation was handled. This week efra revealed the whole tire control/parc ferme was one big farce. They didn't check a single tire last year, they just tried to scare the drivers.

Right now everyone can use additive and it's much more fair for the normal drivers.
On monday I ran the car without additive to learn the track and get a good feel for the car's balance. On tuesday I started using additive and pretty much got it right after the second run.
Last year in Germany I ended up in 82 spot or something. Right now I qualified in 48 spot!. Last year my best lap was almost a second of the pace, now it's only 0,5. Also the huge amount of traction makes it a lot easier to drive because the car is simply on rails.

About the Italians, the skill level in Italy is extremely high, I don't think there is a country in the world which is as passionate about nitro racing as the Italians.
The unknown guys who are super fast are local club hero's, I think this says enough about the driver level.
The only advantage the Italians have is that they know how the track changes during certain times of the day, and they are used to running on such high grip tracks.
Last year in Germany two Germans were competing for the win, didn't hear you complain about that Stefan?.

Ow and the thing which really counts is the engine, if you don't have a good engine and clutch you aren't compettive.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm currently competeting at the euros and I want to to spill some info about the whole additive thing.

It's really great if you ask me!.

Because the traction is super high already and there simply is a certain limit of traction the car can handle the additive has become much less important.
Basically you apply it with the additive machine 30-45 minutes before your run and then completely wipe it off. The car is sliding a bit for the first 1-2 laps but then it grips up. If you run the same set for a second time a day you don't even have to apply additive because the car will only traction roll.

Last year at the Euros in Germany it was completely shit with the way the situation was handled. This week efra revealed the whole tire control/parc ferme was one big farce. They didn't check a single tire last year, they just tried to scare the drivers.

Right now everyone can use additive and it's much more fair for the normal drivers.
On monday I ran the car without additive to learn the track and get a good feel for the car's balance. On tuesday I started using additive and pretty much got it right after the second run.
Last year in Germany I ended up in 82 spot or something. Right now I qualified in 48 spot!. Last year my best lap was almost a second of the pace, now it's only 0,5. Also the huge amount of traction makes it a lot easier to drive because the car is simply on rails.

About the Italians, the skill level in Italy is extremely high, I don't think there is a country in the world which is as passionate about nitro racing as the Italians.
The unknown guys who are super fast are local club hero's, I think this says enough about the driver level.
The only advantage the Italians have is that they know how the track changes during certain times of the day, and they are used to running on such high grip tracks.
Last year in Germany two Germans were competing for the win, didn't hear you complain about that Stefan?.

Ow and the thing which really counts is the engine, if you don't have a good engine and clutch you aren't compettive.
I'm glad that additives made car set up that much easier for you that it got you from 82 to 48. Well done Staan.

Maybe you should get a car tht's easier to find a good setup for.