Community
Wiki Posts
Search

200MM Euros

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Yes the Orcans were very good, probably the best engines to have.
The two I had did 112 and 118 km/h on the main straight, 118 was the highest ever recorded for a 1/10 scale car if I'm not mistaking.
In my qualifying me and an Italian guy were the fastest in our qualifying heat.
He was faster in the corners but I was able to close a 10 meter gap on him every time we were on the straight and overtook him several times on the outside of the sweeper.
Learned a lot of Italian swearing everytime I did that.

In the 1/8th final I passed 4 guys at the start just because of the power I had.

The guy who won the race also used Orcan engines.

I was advised to tune my Orcan engines to 140C. During 1 qualifier it came in at 155C but it was too lean at the top end.
thanks for the info my Orcan has been running very well so far
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
The Serpent of Toni Gruber
And Jilles took out the Serpent of Mark Green in the semi's, and the Serpent of Mazzeo in the final....
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M7H
And Jilles took out the Serpent of Mark Green in the semi's, and the Serpent of Mazzeo in the final....
Well, I guess the Serpents had their share of bad luck.

In the case of Pietch hitting Grubers Serpent the unlucky part was Pietch.
Gruber was sliding down the end part of the straight on his roof in the middle of the driving line and Pietch was the unlucky guy to be driving down the straight next. With the straight right under the rostrum, entering the straight the drivers could only see the beginning of the straight when hitting full gas. There was almost no time to react to a car in the middle of his driving line at speed of 105-112 km/h. The Serpent went 1 meter up and Pietch slided of the track at the end of the straight.

There were just too many incidents of this nature in the higher finals.

The brand of the car was just a minor factor in how the driver succeeded in the race. Drivers skill, engine, mechanics skill, good luck & bad luck and even tyres (two compound vs. regular) playd bigger role than car brand.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

And for marshals, the strait is difficult because you cannot cross the track because of the pitlane wall!!
I was there for the 1/8 B euro 3 years ago, And being in the strait to marshal a car is a very scary situation!!