R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=blis;11108682]+1

Interviews or montages would have been nice between heats, but knowing what it's like to organise an event like that, well done for the great coverage. The Youtube feed was flawless downunder Au, yes there was only one MIC channel, no big deal!

Cam-Op was exceptional as usual, the only vision I didnt see was a look back at the camera stand, where were the majority of spectators? I figure it would have been too hard to get a SDI feed from the other side of track and pits.

A HexaCopter overhead would have been nice as well! (Hint Hint!)

nice work RCTV...

PS:... Is RCTV covering the Worlds in Thailand too?

h[/

They were doing interviews in between the finals.... I also hope they cover the worlds in Thailand... They did a great job with the electric worlds....
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #137
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer View Post
Good, you can still count old fart.

Now, check these list. (I'm not refering to the list in the final A-main)
http://pistarme.xracerlive.com/cronologici/materiali.pdf

Next time you comment, you need to do some research.
Your source is limited as compaired to you brain functions.
Like I said Support even a Dumbass can answer there own ??
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Like I said Support even a Dumbass can answer there own ??
Sign off permanently and let your grand kids use that computer Grumpy old Martinez
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #139
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

[QUOTE=Francis M.;11108949]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
+1

Interviews or montages would have been nice between heats, but knowing what it's like to organise an event like that, well done for the great coverage. The Youtube feed was flawless downunder Au, yes there was only one MIC channel, no big deal!

Cam-Op was exceptional as usual, the only vision I didnt see was a look back at the camera stand, where were the majority of spectators? I figure it would have been too hard to get a SDI feed from the other side of track and pits.

A HexaCopter overhead would have been nice as well! (Hint Hint!)

nice work RCTV...

PS:... Is RCTV covering the Worlds in Thailand too?

h[/

They were doing interviews in between the finals.... I also hope they cover the worlds in Thailand... They did a great job with the electric worlds....
I've asked liverc.com a while back and they said as things were at the time, they think they'll be in Thailand.
Would love to have Barry as commentator like in Miami again.

Rcracing.tv is awesome, especially since it's provide for free.
The only problem at rcracing.tv is that the other guy ( I think his name is Nick), who covered the nitro buggy EC, has a real thick accent and when he gets excited, he's trying to say several words at once
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #140
Tech Elite

Something interesting caught my attetion during yesterdays coverage of the EC.

After his semifinal, Oli caught Martin Hudy for a short interview. After they finished, Martin received 4 bags of Matrix tires, assumingly for the final.

Now, the common knowledge seems to be, that when they sauce nitro foams, it has to be worked in for quite a while, sometimes even the day before. Certainly not in 45 minutes.

If those were really Martin's tires for the final (and I wouln't think he's got time between semi and final to run errands for someone else), how did he get them read?

There are also rumours going around that there are pre-prepped tires available if you got the connections.

Makes you think.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 AM   #141
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

There was so much grip already that you didn't need to sauce your tires for several hours.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #142
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarkkom View Post
There was so much grip already that you didn't need to sauce your tires for several hours.
You know, or you think?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #143
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
You know, or you think?
He is correct.

My sons first final was the 1/32 at 09.00 on saturday from which he bumped up to the 1/16th at 10.30. For the 1/32 we put additive on (front 50%, rear 100%) one hour before the heat and that was 105% enough with the grip the track had (one traction roll and twice 2-wheeling).
We didn't have one of those additive application machines so the effect of just applying with a brush was less effective than what the top drivers did with the tyre sauce application machines.

For the 1/16 the treatment was less than one hour and just 40% in the front.

Last edited by jarkko; 08-20-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typos
jarkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #144
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Something interesting caught my attetion during yesterdays coverage of the EC.

After his semifinal, Oli caught Martin Hudy for a short interview. After they finished, Martin received 4 bags of Matrix tires, assumingly for the final.

Now, the common knowledge seems to be, that when they sauce nitro foams, it has to be worked in for quite a while, sometimes even the day before. Certainly not in 45 minutes.

If those were really Martin's tires for the final (and I wouln't think he's got time between semi and final to run errands for someone else), how did he get them read?

There are also rumours going around that there are pre-prepped tires available if you got the connections.

Makes you think.
Compete rubbish, treating the tires for 30 minutes was more then enough, if you would threat them any longer the car would traction roll all over the place.
I actually tried a set which was treated a day before but the car traction rolled the moment I touched the steering wheel.

Also I mentioned before:

Quote:
Because the traction is super high already and there simply is a certain limit of traction the car can handle the additive has become much less important.
Basically you apply it with the additive machine 30-45 minutes before your run and then completely wipe it off. The car is sliding a bit for the first 1-2 laps but then it grips up. If you run the same set for a second time a day you don't even have to apply additive because the car will only traction roll.
Pretty much everyone had a saucing machine at their table and were saucing the tires on the track right before their heat.

There were some special bi-compound tires available only for team drivers. I used these for my 3rd qualifier and it made the car a lot easier to drive and it gained a lot of corner speed. But also these were sauced 30 minutes in advance, fully on the rear and 2/3 on the fronts. The most commonly used additives were Capricorn and MR33.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Compete rubbish, treating the tires for 30 minutes was more then enough, if you would threat them any longer the car would traction roll all over the place.
I actually tried a set which was treated a day before but the car traction rolled the moment I touched the steering wheel.

Also I mentioned before:

Pretty much everyone had a saucing machine at their table and were saucing the tires on the track right before their heat.

There were some special bi-compound tires available only for team drivers. I used these for my 3rd qualifier and it made the car a lot easier to drive and it gained a lot of corner speed. But also these were sauced 30 minutes in advance, fully on the rear and 2/3 on the fronts. The most commonly used additives were Capricorn and MR33.
the orcans look good
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #146
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just wondering what operation temps were using guys on engines? I know there was very hot.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #147
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger999 View Post
Just wondering what operation temps were using guys on engines? I know there was very hot.
Based on what i saw and heard around me in the pit after the cars were finishing the afternoon heats
135 celcius was untypically low
150-160 C was quite typical
many had temps around 170-175

Many cars also did not return to the pit on their own. In the intense heat the more extremely tuned and filed motors just stopped working.
For the finals many of the "team drivers" seemed to have changed to more normal motor to be able to finish the 20 minute heat. Their best laps went up in similar conditions by 0.5 sec or even more.
jarkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #148
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
the orcans look good
Yes the Orcans were very good, probably the best engines to have.
The two I had did 112 and 118 km/h on the main straight, 118 was the highest ever recorded for a 1/10 scale car if I'm not mistaking.
In my qualifying me and an Italian guy were the fastest in our qualifying heat.
He was faster in the corners but I was able to close a 10 meter gap on him every time we were on the straight and overtook him several times on the outside of the sweeper.
Learned a lot of Italian swearing everytime I did that.

In the 1/8th final I passed 4 guys at the start just because of the power I had.

The guy who won the race also used Orcan engines.

Quote:
I was advised to tune my Orcan engines to 140C. During 1 qualifier it came in at 155C but it was too lean at the top end.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #149
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post

I was advised to tune my Orcan engines to 140C. During 1 qualifier it came in at 155C but it was too lean at the top end.
Just wondering now how long it can be alive
Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #150
Tech Master

Quote:
Just wondering now how long it can be alive
as a team driver they never bother how long the engine can last
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote