Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2012 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio >

2012 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

2012 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

Old 06-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2012 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

The traditional Great Lakes Challenge (aka GLC) will be held at the normal Woodville Mall track on the weekend of August 24-26.

Entry form has been posted on the Toledo's website www.racersoftoledo.com under the Entries page.

Those that want a nice pretty link to the entry form, here you go:
http://www.racersoftoledo.com/PDF/GLCEntryForm2012.gif

This year we are opening up entries to multiple classes. If you want to sign up for multiple classes you can now do it at the same time. You will get a $10 off discount on the second or third class. We have in years past held the second class entries till after the pre-registration deadline. Not this year!

Pit spaces will only be reserved as one pit space per class entry, NO EXCUSES! (There will not be any extra spots reserved for your pit bags)

If you would like to be added to the list of sponsors for this years GLC you can contact Ted Hammer ([email protected]) or myself ([email protected]).

Look forward to seeing all those that can make it out in Toledo for the 2012 GLC.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Brian, sorry for the trouble, but I can not print the form. Can you help..Is the format you have given us or is my computer that's no allowing me?

Thank you for your time.

LET'S GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
FOR SERIOUS ON-ROAD RACERS & PRODUCTS
Old 06-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello Brian, sorry for the trouble, but I can not print the form. Can you help..Is the format you have given us or is my computer that's no allowing me?

Thank you for your time.

LET'S GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
FOR SERIOUS ON-ROAD RACERS & PRODUCTS

got it to work, sorry.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB

got it to work, sorry.
You remembered to put paper into the printer???
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scott B
You remembered to put paper into the printer???

THAT'S WHAT I DID TO MAKE IT WORK, LOL.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Question

Will you take entries at the club race on the 1st? I have three entries on this end I need to submit, plus our logo since we're helping to sponsor the thing. Thanx much....
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, we would be happy to take the entries at the July 1st club race.
We will also have GLC entry forms available this weekend at the Joliet, IL Race.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hey

My shop partner and I have a ton of stuff put away for prizes. Volt meters, carry bags, fuel bottles....all kinds of stuff, at least 2 to 300 bucks worth of stuff, and that's on top of a new in the box Edam Razor 2. I'll probably also be picking up a transmitter/receiver combo for raffle as well. Here's hoping it perks up the turnout for what is a really great event!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

No one has mentioned yet that next week the track gets a fresh coat of asphalt! Pics coming soon.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

AWESOME...CAN NOT WAIT....AWESOME FACILITY AND PEOPLE...
Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Area Racers,

First, would like to thank everyone for sticking around after our Club Race on July 1st and helping to disassembly the track and fence for the repaving. It is really amazing how quickly things can happen when everyone pitches in a hand.

Just spoke to Tom at Allied Paving and they are planning to do prep work at the track on Thursday July 5th and do the repaving on July 6th. I will not be around on Thursday or Friday but if anyone has any time to spend at the track and follow up with what is going on and acting concerned, I am sure that would be a plus. Again, smooth - smooth - smooth is the name of the game. There is some yellow caution tape in the front of the drivers stand that can be used to tape off the track after the project is complete.

Some of us will be in Racine this weekend for the MWS race on July 7th and 8th. Joe Tuttle is in charge of getting the fence back up this weekend to try to keep unwanted cars from driving on the new track. If you are available to help Joe, please let him know. Joe's cell number is (419) 308-8559.

The new race surface will be very soft for the first couple of weeks. The plan as it stands right now is to try to assemble the exterior boards back into place on Sat. Jul 14th. Lon II and Mike Richey will be in charge of this project. If time is available we will try to put the interior boards back in place or if help is limited, we will put the interior boards back into place on Sunday July 15th. Jon Strausbuagh and TH will head up this project.

Again, Thanks for everyones help.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Word on the street is rooms are pretty limited at the Sleep Inn for the GLC in August.

We have set up some Group room rates under the name GLC or Great Lakes Challenge at the following Motels for August 22 thru 26th.

Sleep Inn at 2930 Navarre Ave. in Oregon, OH (419) 691-8911 Good rate of $65 per night. Rooms need to be reserved by August 10th

Holiday Inn Express on Navarre Ave. in Oregon, OH (419) 691-8800 Daily rate of $94.95 per night which is a $15 discount from normal rate. Rooms need to be reserved by July 24th and the Holiday Express has a one week cancellation policy.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XPHamer
Word on the street is rooms are pretty limited at the Sleep Inn for the GLC in August.

We have set up some Group room rates under the name GLC or Great Lakes Challenge at the following Motels for August 22 thru 26th.

Sleep Inn at 2930 Navarre Ave. in Oregon, OH (419) 691-8911 Good rate of $65 per night. Rooms need to be reserved by August 10th

Holiday Inn Express on Navarre Ave. in Oregon, OH (419) 691-8800 Daily rate of $94.95 per night which is a $15 discount from normal rate. Rooms need to be reserved by July 24th and the Holiday Express has a one week cancellation policy.

Hope this is of some help.
Ted,
I believe there is a typo in your last post. The hotel is the Comfort Inn @2930 Navarre Ave. The Sleep Inn @ Mejer Circle is their sister property. I'm not sure if they will honor the GLC group rate.

Elliott
Old 07-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks, Bump Yes, I read their business card incorrectly.
It should be as below. The Sleep Inn has no rooms on Thursday and Friday of our race weekend.

The Group room rates under the name GLC or Great Lakes Challenge are available at the following area Motels for August 22 thru 26th.

Comfort Inn at 2930 Navarre Ave. in Oregon, OH (419) 691-8911 Good rate of $65 per night. Rooms need to be reserved by August 10th

Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

For Races trying to keep a tighter travel budget.

This is the Terry Rott recommended GLC Motel. 4 Stars

budget Inn
3602 Hanley Road
Perrysburg, ohio
419-837-5311

Room rates are $49 per night for two queen beds

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.