R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2002, 04:47 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default In-line pipes versus old style pipes for .12 engines

Two questions folks:

1. The new generation "turbo" inline pipes from Novarossi have come out...they cost a tidy sum...but are they that much better than "old" style pipe and header combos?

At least the pipe and header combos could be customized right?


2. Also...are polished pipes better than black pipes?

Thanks.
Hammer0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 05:55 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default Re: In-line pipes versus old style pipes for .12 engines

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer0412
Two questions folks:

1. The new generation "turbo" inline pipes from Novarossi have come out...they cost a tidy sum...but are they that much better than "old" style pipe and header combos?

At least the pipe and header combos could be customized right?


2. Also...are polished pipes better than black pipes?

Thanks.
supposedly the polished pipes give better resonance. a guy that works at a hobby shop in australia( dei rossi hobbies) told me this once. also inline pipes without the couplers are more consistent. they don't come loose and are much more secure.

do u have a link to these new TURBO pipes? im assuming they are just a normal pipe which has been redesigned for the larger output new gen style jp's and s3's (ie; larger pipes). doesn't novamega make one? it's called a outlaw pipe....has a larger exhaust tip.
it frees the engines top end up by providing a bigger chamber for the exhaust gas fumes....i think, yeah that sounds about right
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 06:29 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I don't know if this is the one...

http://www.novarossi.com/index_ing.html

The local fast guys here have one that looks exactly like it. On the side of the pipe is an engraved "TURBO". It sounds like an angry hornet on a XT12JP and is louder than most of the Nova Pipes I got used to. It's exhaust tip is thinner and longer than the usual pipes...

I personally run a Carlsen Pipe and I like it a lot...until My modified XT12JP started running erratically. Despite my best tuning efforts it just wouldn't tune right. Until some pros at our track tried their hand on tuning and still couldn't get it right...That's when they decided after thorough checking of all other parts that the pipe is dead. It has this very nice high pitched wail that turns heads at my track...coupled with my outlaw JP...

But alas, time to move one...I'm actually deciding between the cheap alternative or the all out one...

A Zac Tuned Silver Pipe or if I go all out...one of those turbo inline pipes.

Oh well decisions decisions...
Hammer0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 06:32 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer0412
I don't know if this is the one...

http://www.novarossi.com/index_ing.html

The local fast guys here have one that looks exactly like it. On the side of the pipe is an engraved "TURBO". It sounds like an angry hornet on a XT12JP and is louder than most of the Nova Pipes I got used to. It's exhaust tip is thinner and longer than the usual pipes...

I personally run a Carlsen Pipe and I like it a lot...until My modified XT12JP started running erratically. Despite my best tuning efforts it just wouldn't tune right. Until some pros at our track tried their hand on tuning and still couldn't get it right...That's when they decided after thorough checking of all other parts that the pipe is dead. It has this very nice high pitched wail that turns heads at my track...coupled with my outlaw JP...

But alas, time to move one...I'm actually deciding between the cheap alternative or the all out one...

A Zac Tuned Silver Pipe or if I go all out...one of those turbo inline pipes.

Oh well decisions decisions...
that's the 52605 which has the word "TURBO" on the pipe body.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 08:41 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


that's the 52605 which has the word "TURBO" on the pipe body.
anth
i think it 51605...
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:58 AM   #6
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

anth
i think it 51605...
51605 is the pipe no.....52605 is the pipe and manifold no!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:00 AM   #7
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


that's the 52605 which has the word "TURBO" on the pipe body.
Have you finually got round to running this yet??? or is it still just in your 'collection'???
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:05 AM   #8
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Have you finually got round to running this yet??? or is it still just in your 'collection'???
yeah i ran it already. it is not as powerful as 5 star pipe for un-mod engine but it has very good performance for mod engines.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:06 AM   #9
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


yeah i ran it already. it is not as powerful as 5 star pipe for un-mod engine but it has very good performance for mod engines.
You mean you still have 'metal' left in your engines to mod??!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:10 AM   #10
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tonteg, Wales, UK
Posts: 43
Post RE;- TURBO?

Hi All, have just ordered the 52605 to go on my MT12, LHS tells me it's OK for the motor is this info good or bad.
Raw40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:15 AM   #11
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


You mean you still have 'metal' left in your engines to mod??!!!
There's got to have some metal left inside the engines !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:16 AM   #12
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: RE;- TURBO?

Quote:
Originally posted by Raw40
Hi All, have just ordered the 52605 to go on my MT12, LHS tells me it's OK for the motor is this info good or bad.
The pipe is very good...gives a nice 'linear' performance.....just watch out for that extra long stinger...very easy to bend....you may want to chop a bit off!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:20 AM   #13
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer0412
............. It has this very nice high pitched wail that turns heads at my track...coupled with my outlaw JP...
If you want NOISE...try the C.12 NovaMega pipe, the one that comes with the Impulse....very low end pipe which is seriously LOUD.....you can still hear your car out of a field of 10+ cars on the track!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:41 AM   #14
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tonteg, Wales, UK
Posts: 43
Smile Re:- turbo

Thanks dtm, "chopping it off" sounds painfull
Raw40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:54 AM   #15
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re:- turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by Raw40
Thanks dtm, "chopping it off" sounds painfull
'short term pain' for 'long term gain'!!! you will understand when you get the pipe!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ENGINES, PIPES, MISC, ETC!! Come look! nitrodude1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 40 09-30-2008 07:21 PM
.21 and .28 Engines and pipes - NEW rice_man R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 06-27-2008 03:42 PM
STS MKII Engines plus pipes Arboleda R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 08-20-2007 04:19 PM
In-line Off-road Pipes wademcgee R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-21-2005 05:32 PM
Engines, Pipes & Radio sale rcfoolz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 12-01-2004 04:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net