Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So he noticed you are ugly too huh...damn him!

I remember him giving this russian guy a hard time a few years back.

Originally Posted by lil-bump
It's not because your black... its because your ugly Three years ago Rodney DQ me too and were club members and friends

Elliott
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
Hi Andy, I am sorry to hear about your motor troubles, but I have to disagree with your statment, I have been running an lrp.28 for about 2 seasons and have yet to have an issue with it. I just recently ran a club race with my oldest engine a dynamite .28 big red and it ran the whole day, it is getting a bit tired now but I have had that motor since I first started running
GT, I am just not sure what people are doing to these things, now if we are talking about the stock kyosho engines I couldn't agree more, but I have tried a few low dollar engines that have all worked fine, on is an nvision .21, it is a 5 port I believe and it only cost 199.00. and as Paolo stated there is a nova rossi for 199.00. So there are plenty of good quality low dollar motors to choose from, and also just because it is a high dollar motor doesn't mean it can't blow up, ask any 1/8th scale racer.
Hey Mark,

I personally don't have engine problems. The comments I made were based on other GT8 racers feedback that I've gathered in the past few years. Until ROAR comes out with the GT8 rules I think everyone should respect rules from each and every race event around the country.

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter!

Take care,

Andy Liu "Flyin Hawaiian"
Old 07-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Don't let our chatting bother you. We race together all season long so it's just friends having fun. I hope you can make it to the race, it will be a good one.

Originally Posted by bassman2
Hey Mark,

I personally don't have engine problems. The comments I made were based on other GT8 racers feedback that I've gathered in the past few years. Until ROAR comes out with the GT8 rules I think everyone should respect rules from each and every race event around the country.

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter!

Take care,

Andy Liu "Flyin Hawaiian"
Old 08-01-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a very nice beautiful Novarossi 35 Plus Tuned .21 engine for sale right now. Check it out: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...21-engine.html
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GT Class

Not sure why everyone is debating the quality of motors for this class with the under 200 limit on price. For many racers it isn't the quality of motor that is the issue. There are plenty of motor options.

I believe the GT class was created based on the off road buggy class but for on road. Has to be an off road buggy chassis etc etc.....

Sooooo, has anyone ever been to an off road buggy class that had a price limit on anything or any part for the car? NO! What about Truggy or what about SC or 10th scale buggy? NO! So for the life of me I cannot figure out why there is price limit on off road buggy based on road class for GT. Just plain ignorant IMO.

If you want to limit it to off road buggy engines since it is an off road buggy class that makes more sense. Like what Leisure Hours did for the Byron Challenge? But to limit by price is pretty stupid for the overall class.

I know people are scared to run against an on road motor vs off road that costs 700 dollars, but I can guarantee Paolo will beat you with a 200 motor even if you had an on road motor. Bad excuse for poor driving, poor maintenance, and poor set up car.

Anyway, it is hard to drive 1300 miles to be limited to a local rule that isn't what the masses run. There are only two big races I am aware of this year that have this stupid rule. And one of them is changing this rule next year.

If you have enough racers separate the classes by Sportsman & Expert like the off road buggy based class - or just run off road motors - or no limit. It isn't going to change the outcome of the race if your setup is adequate for the track, and you can drive the car well.

Let's limit the sedan class and 8th scale open class to a dollar amount and see how that works out? You wouldn't have any racers at all!

There are several of us from texas that were going to this race until we found out about the rule on price. No other class I have ever heard of limits price on any part on any car.

If you want to grow the class like off road buggy quit making stupid rules that do not appeal to the masses.

And I have two motors that I could run, so I am not complaining about motor quality or choices, just the stupidity that will keep more racers away.

Next time you have an off road buggy race try limiting the price and see how the turn out is impacted......

I have heard great things about this track and the racers....so I am not bashing the event or racers. I really wanted to go but I cannot support this kind of stupidity in RC racing.

I hope ya'll have a great event! Maybe next time!

All the Best from Texas!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Geez Kitty, I was looking forward to some of those Bacon wrapped dove bits you used to feed me at N Control!

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX
Not sure why everyone is debating the quality of motors for this class with the under b200 limit on price. For many racers it isn't the quality of motor that is the issue. There are plenty of motor options.

I believe the GT class was created based on the off road buggy class but for on road. Has to be an off road buggy chassis etc etc.....

Sooooo, has anyone ever been to an off road buggy class that had a price limit on anything or any part for the car? NO! What about Truggy or what about SC or 10th scale buggy? NO! So for the life of me I cannot figure out why there is price limit on off road buggy based on road class for GT. Just plain ignorant IMO.

If you want to limit it to off road buggy engines since it is an off road buggy class that makes more sense. Like what Leisure Hours did for the Byron Challenge? But to limit by price is pretty stupid for the overall class.

I know people are scared to run against an on road motor vs off road that costs 700 dollars, but I can guarantee Paolo will beat you with a 200 motor even if you had an on road motor. Bad excuse for poor driving, poor maintenance, and poor set up car.

Anyway, it is hard to drive 1300 miles to be limited to a local rule that isn't what the masses run. There are only two big races I am aware of this year that have this stupid rule. And one of them is changing this rule next year.

If you have enough racers separate the classes by Sportsman & Expert like the off road buggy based class - or just run off road motors - or no limit. It isn't going to change the outcome of the race if your setup is adequate for the track, and you can drive the car well.

Let's limit the sedan class and 8th scale open class to a dollar amount and see how that works out? You wouldn't have any racers at all!

There are several of us from texas that were going to this race until we found out about the rule on price. No other class I have ever heard of limits price on any part on any car.

If you want to grow the class like off road buggy quit making stupid rules that do not appeal to the masses.

And I have two motors that I could run, so I am not complaining about motor quality or choices, just the stupidity that will keep more racers away.

Next time you have an off road buggy race try limiting the price and see how the turn out is impacted......

I have heard great things about this track and the racers....so I am not bashing the event or racers. I really wanted to go but I cannot support this kind of stupidity in RC racing.

All the Best from Texas!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not sure why everyone is debating the quality of motors for this class with the under 200 limit on price. For many racers it isn't the quality of motor that is the issue. There are plenty of motor options.

All the Best from Texas!
There is nothing new about these rules. They have been around since GT started gaining traction in the Midwest and the whole idea of the class was to give new peeps a place to race without having to spend $700.00 on a motor. This class has become what it is because people don't want to spend cubic dollars to race like it cost to run 1/8th scale. People like you are trying to turn the class into another 1/8th class and then it will just be replaced by another fresh new idea for a class thats not so exspensive untill guys like you again get a hold of it. You said you have motors but are not going to come to our race because I'm stupid. Gosh you sure will be missed.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ironically Lon, that post is not characteristic of his personality. I'm not defending, just saying.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
Ironically Lon, that post is not characteristic of his personality. I'm not defending, just saying.
I figured as much since the whole post read like he was just up on a soap box. The issue is he has made this big long rant public and tried his best to talk people out of coming to our race when in fact he will be the one missing out on one of the best races in the country.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Just saying it is a thought up local rule, not the the masses consensus. And not sure how you can reference off road buggy based class because the only thing referencing the off road class is the car, not the atmosphere of the class. Beginners need a sportsman class......even off road buggy beginners don't care about the price some other racer pays for a motor. And that is probably the biggest RC class in the country.....which is for a reason.

Sound like whiners think you cannot compete or win without spending a bunch more money - which is completely untrue. The rich guy doesn't win. The better driver and mechanic wins regardless of price.

I use those real cheap motors to compete against guys running on road motors in the class and do just fine. That is my point. Trying to convince a new guy that he might win because there is a motor limit price is so ridiculous and untrue.

If you think I am calling you stupid that is not the case...I don't even know you. I think the rule is stupid for the overall masses and when you are trying to bring folks in for a big race! Local events and club races do what you have to do to get knew folks out.

I am certain that the big sponsored drivers running GT are going to support their manufacturer or sponsor for multiple classes - not your rules for GT.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I figured as much since the whole post read like he was just up on a soap box. The issue is he has made this big long rant public and tried his best to talk people out of coming to our race when in fact he will be the one missing out on one of the best races in the country.
I would encourage everyone to go to a great race event like yours. Doesn't mean we all have to agree to your rules.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default Well crap

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
To the general public....lol.

If there's one thing I know, it's that not everyone will be satisfied. We had a big to-do awhile back about tire saucing...which I still don't agree with in the slightest and think it makes no sense...but a rule is a rule. If you don't like a rule, work to change it, but try to assume good faith amongst those who propose a rule and never proclaim ignorance or stupidity because of how someone believes....doesn't work real well in convincing others to change their mind.

With that, what Lon says about the race is spot on. It's an excellent track, with involved members. Regardless what you're driving, you'll race at an excellent facility, directed by a club that works hard to promote our hobby. Anyone who wants to not attend a race because of limitation in price...it's their loss. Certainly a person couldn't claim not attending because of unfair advantage due to cost being too low, and if you can afford a macdaddy engine, you can certainly afford a cheapie. I encourage everyone to attend, besides the incredible track and professional running of things, there are tons of prizes and all kinds of stuff for raffle, everything from complete car kits to fuel to tires to you name it. We have some of the biggest names, new and old, that attend this race....I honestly can't imagine anyone not wanting to attend this event, and certainly not because of low cost, especially when the economy sucks and far too many people can't make races because they can't afford 400 dollar engines. I urge anyone who would not attend this event based on the engine rule to rethink their motivation, and I'd certainly hope any such person wouldn't attempt to dissuade others from attending based on their personal pet peeve.

Thus endeth the rant, now I'll take down my soapbox before I slip off the thing...
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just saying it is a thought up local rule, not the the masses consensus. And not sure how you can reference off road buggy based class because the only thing referencing the off road class is the car, not the atmosphere of the class. Beginners need a sportsman class......even off road buggy beginners don't care about the price some other racer pays for a motor. And that is probably the biggest RC class in the country.....which is for a reason.

Sound like whiners think you cannot compete or win without spending a bunch more money - which is completely untrue. The rich guy doesn't win. The better driver and mechanic wins regardless of price.

I use those real cheap motors to compete against guys running on road motors in the class and do just fine. That is my point. Trying to convince a new guy that he might win because there is a motor limit price is so ridiculous and untrue.

If you think I am calling you stupid that is not the case...I don't even know you. I think the rule is stupid for the overall masses and when you are trying to bring folks in for a big race! Local events and club races do what you have to do to get knew folks out.

I am certain that the big sponsored drivers running GT are going to support their manufacturer or sponsor for multiple classes - not your rules for GT.
Also lets clear this up. These are not "our local track rules" These are the rules we run under which are the rules laid out by the midwest series. http://www.midwestseries.com/about/about.htm

We have racers running in the midwest series for points under these rules and have done so for atleast three years. So we decided to run under these rules even for the GLC since thats what the people who support our track and the Midwest Series run under all year long.

With all this said there is a chance we might be seeing a set of ROAR rules popping up shortly. If that happens we will be following those rules provided we see them in a timely fashion.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
To the general public....lol.

If there's one thing I know, it's that not everyone will be satisfied. We had a big to-do awhile back about tire saucing...which I still don't agree with in the slightest and think it makes no sense...but a rule is a rule. If you don't like a rule, work to change it, but try to assume good faith amongst those who propose a rule and never proclaim ignorance or stupidity because of how someone believes....doesn't work real well in convincing others to change their mind.

With that, what Lon says about the race is spot on. It's an excellent track, with involved members. Regardless what you're driving, you'll race at an excellent facility, directed by a club that works hard to promote our hobby. Anyone who wants to not attend a race because of limitation in price...it's their loss. Certainly a person couldn't claim not attending because of unfair advantage due to cost being too low, and if you can afford a macdaddy engine, you can certainly afford a cheapie. I encourage everyone to attend, besides the incredible track and professional running of things, there are tons of prizes and all kinds of stuff for raffle, everything from complete car kits to fuel to tires to you name it. We have some of the biggest names, new and old, that attend this race....I honestly can't imagine anyone not wanting to attend this event, and certainly not because of low cost, especially when the economy sucks and far too many people can't make races because they can't afford 400 dollar engines. I urge anyone who would not attend this event based on the engine rule to rethink their motivation, and I'd certainly hope any such person wouldn't attempt to dissuade others from attending based on their personal pet peeve.

Thus endeth the rant, now I'll take down my soapbox before I slip off the thing...
I made several comparisons to support my opinion from what the class was based on. And I never persuaded anyone to not go race your event. And it is not a pet peeve. As mentioned I run those cheap motors.

I am sure you put on a great race which I support. we are only talking about the GT class.....not your entire race event or any efforts to support a great race.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

well I guess we can agree on one thing.....ROAR will settle it if they ever get off there butt and make a decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.