R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 59
Default kyosho vone rrr shimo problem

Ok got my rrr running and broke in and noticed the 2 spd wasn't kicking in so I adjusted it and got it to where it almost kick in and 2 of the clutch weights popped out of the flywheel what did I do wrong or what can I do to fix it ????
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
Ok got my rrr running and broke in and noticed the 2 spd wasn't kicking in so I adjusted it and got it to where it almost kick in and 2 of the clutch weights popped out of the flywheel what did I do wrong or what can I do to fix it ????
You gap is too wide if that happened.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

That must have been a huge gap.

Are you sure the screw on your clutch didn't back out on you?

Go back to the instructions check your clutch assembly and make sure you're not missing anything like a bearing or some shims. Then follow the instructions on setting the proper gap. I've had sloppy gap on my clutch before and I never had the weights pop off so you must have assembled the clutch wrong.

Here's a video showing Michael Salven assembling a clutch on a motor for a Serpent. Your clutch will assemble just the same eventhough the parts may be slightly different.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Supafast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newark, De
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

it happin to me the video that yr4dude sent u will help u alot this is a goo video chek it out
__________________
Shepherd velox 10
Airtronics MT4 Spektrum 6040
SUPAFAST SAYZ GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
www.SkyrocketRacing.com www.GForceHobbies.com
Supafast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 59
Default

ok i know i havent been on here for awhile but i need yalls help this time forreal. i got almost $1500 in this build and cant even enjoy it. ok after i had all the problems with the clutch that came with the kit and been threw it a million times i figured to go a differnt route. i have the kyosho v one rrr shimo edition kit with a picco .12. the clutch is now a buku clutch. my clutch bell is a kyosho VS058. my clutch bell gears are kyosho VZ115-21 and VZ116-26. the stock clutch bell gears are a 17t and 22t. im running the stock spur gears which are 61t and 56t. my problem is the the spurs are to large but i can find the right gears nor do i know what size i need to run. do i need to go down 4 teeth since i went up 4 on the clutch bell gears? and can anyone give me part numbers or tell my what parts off of what kyosho will interchange with my v one rrr shimo edition? any help is greatly appericated thank yall.
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
ok i know i havent been on here for awhile but i need yalls help this time forreal. i got almost $1500 in this build and cant even enjoy it. ok after i had all the problems with the clutch that came with the kit and been threw it a million times i figured to go a differnt route. i have the kyosho v one rrr shimo edition kit with a picco .12. the clutch is now a buku clutch. my clutch bell is a kyosho VS058. my clutch bell gears are kyosho VZ115-21 and VZ116-26. the stock clutch bell gears are a 17t and 22t. im running the stock spur gears which are 61t and 56t. my problem is the the spurs are to large but i can find the right gears nor do i know what size i need to run. do i need to go down 4 teeth since i went up 4 on the clutch bell gears? and can anyone give me part numbers or tell my what parts off of what kyosho will interchange with my v one rrr shimo edition? any help is greatly appericated thank yall.
The problem is not the spurs being too large. The problem is the pinions are way too large. A shimo car should be running a 16 or 17t 1st gear pinion and 22 or 23 for the 2nd gear pinion.
FYI: The shimo clutch is a really good clutch. You probably built it incorrectly. (possible something is defective but operator error is more common)
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
The problem is not the spurs being too large. The problem is the pinions are way too large. A shimo car should be running a 16 or 17t 1st gear pinion and 22 or 23 for the 2nd gear pinion.
FYI: The shimo clutch is a really good clutch. You probably built it incorrectly. (possible something is defective but operator error is more common)
so i couldnt down the spur size to get the proper fit?
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
so i couldnt down the spur size to get the proper fit?
NO. The gear ratio will be so far off you will have other problems. Basically it would be like trying to drive your real car where you don't have 1st or 2nd gear. It would be like starting in 3rd. It will lug badly.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

the pinion and spur gears for the RRR are as follows :

1st pinion 15,16,17
2nd pinion 20,21,22,23

1st spur 59,60,61
2nd spur 55,56.

so having other than like scott mention is far off the original ratio's.
i usually use 16,21 pinion and 60,56 spurs....but these depends on track layout/length. there shouldn't be any problem unless something is not right. try to inspect/rebuild again your clutches as per manual. gud luck
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 59
Default

everything up and running thanks guys
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
everything up and running thanks guys
yeah..gud news..but out of curiousity ,what was the fault??
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What was the problem
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net