R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default kyosho vone rrr shimo problem

Ok got my rrr running and broke in and noticed the 2 spd wasn't kicking in so I adjusted it and got it to where it almost kick in and 2 of the clutch weights popped out of the flywheel what did I do wrong or what can I do to fix it ????
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
Ok got my rrr running and broke in and noticed the 2 spd wasn't kicking in so I adjusted it and got it to where it almost kick in and 2 of the clutch weights popped out of the flywheel what did I do wrong or what can I do to fix it ????
You gap is too wide if that happened.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

That must have been a huge gap.

Are you sure the screw on your clutch didn't back out on you?

Go back to the instructions check your clutch assembly and make sure you're not missing anything like a bearing or some shims. Then follow the instructions on setting the proper gap. I've had sloppy gap on my clutch before and I never had the weights pop off so you must have assembled the clutch wrong.

Here's a video showing Michael Salven assembling a clutch on a motor for a Serpent. Your clutch will assemble just the same eventhough the parts may be slightly different.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

it happin to me the video that yr4dude sent u will help u alot this is a goo video chek it out
www.SkyrocketRacing.com www.GForceHobbies.com
Supafast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

ok i know i havent been on here for awhile but i need yalls help this time forreal. i got almost $1500 in this build and cant even enjoy it. ok after i had all the problems with the clutch that came with the kit and been threw it a million times i figured to go a differnt route. i have the kyosho v one rrr shimo edition kit with a picco .12. the clutch is now a buku clutch. my clutch bell is a kyosho VS058. my clutch bell gears are kyosho VZ115-21 and VZ116-26. the stock clutch bell gears are a 17t and 22t. im running the stock spur gears which are 61t and 56t. my problem is the the spurs are to large but i can find the right gears nor do i know what size i need to run. do i need to go down 4 teeth since i went up 4 on the clutch bell gears? and can anyone give me part numbers or tell my what parts off of what kyosho will interchange with my v one rrr shimo edition? any help is greatly appericated thank yall.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
ok i know i havent been on here for awhile but i need yalls help this time forreal. i got almost $1500 in this build and cant even enjoy it. ok after i had all the problems with the clutch that came with the kit and been threw it a million times i figured to go a differnt route. i have the kyosho v one rrr shimo edition kit with a picco .12. the clutch is now a buku clutch. my clutch bell is a kyosho VS058. my clutch bell gears are kyosho VZ115-21 and VZ116-26. the stock clutch bell gears are a 17t and 22t. im running the stock spur gears which are 61t and 56t. my problem is the the spurs are to large but i can find the right gears nor do i know what size i need to run. do i need to go down 4 teeth since i went up 4 on the clutch bell gears? and can anyone give me part numbers or tell my what parts off of what kyosho will interchange with my v one rrr shimo edition? any help is greatly appericated thank yall.
The problem is not the spurs being too large. The problem is the pinions are way too large. A shimo car should be running a 16 or 17t 1st gear pinion and 22 or 23 for the 2nd gear pinion.
FYI: The shimo clutch is a really good clutch. You probably built it incorrectly. (possible something is defective but operator error is more common)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
The problem is not the spurs being too large. The problem is the pinions are way too large. A shimo car should be running a 16 or 17t 1st gear pinion and 22 or 23 for the 2nd gear pinion.
FYI: The shimo clutch is a really good clutch. You probably built it incorrectly. (possible something is defective but operator error is more common)
so i couldnt down the spur size to get the proper fit?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
so i couldnt down the spur size to get the proper fit?
NO. The gear ratio will be so far off you will have other problems. Basically it would be like trying to drive your real car where you don't have 1st or 2nd gear. It would be like starting in 3rd. It will lug badly.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the pinion and spur gears for the RRR are as follows :

1st pinion 15,16,17
2nd pinion 20,21,22,23

1st spur 59,60,61
2nd spur 55,56.

so having other than like scott mention is far off the original ratio's.
i usually use 16,21 pinion and 60,56 spurs....but these depends on track layout/length. there shouldn't be any problem unless something is not right. try to inspect/rebuild again your clutches as per manual. gud luck
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

everything up and running thanks guys
Old 08-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
everything up and running thanks guys
yeah..gud news..but out of curiousity ,what was the fault??
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

What was the problem