Wiki Posts
Search

What is a good nitro on road car that is under $400

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:23 AM
Suspended

Cool What is a good nitro on road car that is under $400

Just want to know about getting a new rc car and i am newish to nitro cars
i have some other threads in other areas about different classes of nitro rc vehicals

pleas give your opinion but don't start shit fight about whats better just tall us what you think is good and bad about different brands and medels respctivley
please no need for crap deal with enough of it already

I AM
Old 05-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GVMAN
Just want to know about getting a new rc car and i am newish to nitro cars
i have some other threads in other areas about different classes of nitro rc vehicals

pleas give your opinion but don't start shit fight about whats better just tall us what you think is good and bad about different brands and medels respctivley
please no need for crap deal with enough of it already

I AM
Would look to see what people at your local club might be selling second hand as they upgrade. But if you want new either the Team Magic G4JR and HoBao GPX4 RTR are really ready to race and give you options of upgrades if you want. Keep in mind though the Team Magic car will require a starter box, where is the HoBao is a pullstart. My personal choice is the Edam Spirit and you best to contact Joe at JPM Racing and see if he has any RTR versions with the pullstart RB's.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Would look to see what people at your local club might be selling second hand as they upgrade. But if you want new either the Team Magic G4JR and HoBao GPX4 RTR are really ready to race and give you options of upgrades if you want. Keep in mind though the Team Magic car will require a starter box, where is the HoBao is a pullstart. My personal choice is the Edam Spirit and you best to contact Joe at JPM Racing and see if he has any RTR versions with the pullstart RB's.
cool thanks for the help be looking in to it

I AM
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
What he said applies. To my knowledge, there is no major manufacturer outside of Edam producing a budget car under 400 bucks. The Edam is a good ride and fairly competitive...it is not an Xray or a Capricorn...if you want Cadillac, you pay Cadillac prices. But the Edam is a good option for those wanting to save a buck and still be able to keep up with the pack. Let your wallet be your guide...if you're diehard with mad skills and an overriding desire to win, I suggest you lay out the coin for Capricorn, but if you're like most of the rest of us, go another route.

And what he said about checking out your local track and what they have applies as well. If you're not prepared to keep some parts onhand (tho most parts fit a LOT of cars) you'd do well to go with what the other guys can lend a hand with.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
What he said applies. To my knowledge, there is no major manufacturer outside of Edam producing a budget car under 400 bucks. The Edam is a good ride and fairly competitive...it is not an Xray or a Capricorn...if you want Cadillac, you pay Cadillac prices. But the Edam is a good option for those wanting to save a buck and still be able to keep up with the pack. Let your wallet be your guide...if you're diehard with mad skills and an overriding desire to win, I suggest you lay out the coin for Capricorn, but if you're like most of the rest of us, go another route.

And what he said about checking out your local track and what they have applies as well. If you're not prepared to keep some parts onhand (tho most parts fit a LOT of cars) you'd do well to go with what the other guys can lend a hand with.
There is also the Hobao GPX4 its an ok car, the Edam seems to be much more popular, guess the Hobo is just starting to get old. Parts are also very cheep for the Hobo. http://rchobby.com.tw/?1157,hobao-1-...28hb-gpx4-s%29
Old 05-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hands down best car you can get for that price is the kyosho RRR.....there was one on ebay new Shimo edition with a 353! And a hudy starter box.......that car with a updated clutch will run with todays best........
Old 05-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Yeah someone on here was selling a brand new Shimo with Nova, startbox and 3 bodies for 400. Only ran it once.