Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is nice ball end / ball cup tool now available for the Inferno at Speedzombi.com.

( two different sizes are shown, the larger red one is for the Inferno, the other is for 1/10 scale... )
Old 01-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cerberoz
One tooth spread is ok, but i didn't tried the evolva and gt pinions mixed on the original bell, so no experience. However, i can recommend you getting the vs058 fully threaded clutch-bell and the evolva 1st and 2nd gear with some shims. Dont get me wrong, it could work even with the HPI pinions. I am in the process of rebuilding/tuning my gt2 soon, so i disassembled it to maintain and used some parts of it for my electric gt2. Here is a photo of the engine and the clutch bell using 16/20 evolva gears with the vs058 bell.
I'm going to try the evolva/gt mix on gt bell. It should work assuming the evolva gear threads onto the gt2 bell.
Cool pics
Old 01-16-2018, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by timjs
I'm going to try the evolva/gt mix on gt bell. It should work assuming the evolva gear threads onto the gt2 bell.
Cool pics
Yes, try the mix, it should work, keep us updated
Old 06-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello. Will getting an inferno soon. Im crossed between the GT2 Audi R8 Race Spec and the GT2 Chassis kit with Serio S24T Engine Limited Edition. Since the GT2 R8 is a newer model, I reckon the components are better than the chassis kit? Does anyone have actually made an actual head-to-head comparisson of the two models? Pricewise, both almost retails at $600USD where Im from.

My goal is to eventually modify it to a race-competition level. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Spinhead71
Hello. Will getting an inferno soon. Im crossed between the GT2 Audi R8 Race Spec and the GT2 Chassis kit with Serio S24T Engine Limited Edition. Since the GT2 R8 is a newer model, I reckon the components are better than the chassis kit? Does anyone have actually made an actual head-to-head comparisson of the two models? Pricewise, both almost retails at $600USD where Im from.

My goal is to eventually modify it to a race-competition level. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks!
Check your local race rules for 'allowed' engines. I personally love the Sirio S24T but it's not a '.21 with 5 ports max and max 7mm inlet' .
I used to get 14 minute run time at our altitude with lots of grunt but it did have trouble 'spinning up' the rpm with the .21. It was just a blast to do less pit stops. Like I said though see if it's legal for you to use.
If you want to be competitive, you'll need to check out the new front 'carrier arms' that reduce the 'caster angle' so that the car will 'TURN' in the corners. (check Kyosho part KYOIGW061 and I haven't found out which 'arms' are required but this is going off of the info that the new MP9 TK14 items are 'compatible' with GT1 and GT2 as well as the GT3) 😎
Spinhead71 likes this.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
is it possible to buy these 0deg c-hub and ship to germany?

Regards
Norbert
Old 06-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nobster
Hi,
is it possible to buy these 0deg c-hub and ship to germany?

Regards
Norbert

'zero degree' ??
I just got the new '4° carriers' from AMain Hobbies. You could check if they can ship to you. I think I had seen a comment about someone in Europe getting them. ( look for comments from wkloppen on rctech.....he's the guy that got into serious communication with 'the INNER SANCTUM' at Kyosho !!)
Old 06-14-2018, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Check your local race rules for 'allowed' engines. I personally love the Sirio S24T but it's not a '.21 with 5 ports max and max 7mm inlet' .
I used to get 14 minute run time at our altitude with lots of grunt but it did have trouble 'spinning up' the rpm with the .21. It was just a blast to do less pit stops. Like I said though see if it's legal for you to use.
If you want to be competitive, you'll need to check out the new front 'carrier arms' that reduce the 'caster angle' so that the car will 'TURN' in the corners. (check Kyosho part KYOIGW061 and I haven't found out which 'arms' are required but this is going off of the info that the new MP9 TK14 items are 'compatible' with GT1 and GT2 as well as the GT3) 😎

New Hello. I finally decided to get the Inferno GT2 Audi A4 ready kit instead of chassis with Serio engine. I think this model is one of the early generation GT2s. I plan to do some mods to make the car ready race competition. I have little knowledge on the Kyosho "optional parts" to use. Can you please assist me what are the essential parts to get to achieve my project goal.

1.) Transmission, clutch, drivetrain, etc that will be compatible with Novarossi Mito 9 3.5cc engine. For balance power on low, mid and top end.
2.) Engine mounts to replace the stock engine with Novarossi Mito 9.
3.) Steering components to improve response.
4.) Suspension components to improve handling and stability and handling.

Will be purchasing the parts soon. Hope to hear from you.

Thanks and regards,

Mike
Old 06-15-2018, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Spinhead71

New Hello. I finally decided to get the Inferno GT2 Audi A4 ready kit instead of chassis with Serio engine. I think this model is one of the early generation GT2s. I plan to do some mods to make the car ready race competition. I have little knowledge on the Kyosho "optional parts" to use. Can you please assist me what are the essential parts to get to achieve my project goal.

1.) Transmission, clutch, drivetrain, etc that will be compatible with Novarossi Mito 9 3.5cc engine. For balance power on low, mid and top end.
2.) Engine mounts to replace the stock engine with Novarossi Mito 9.
3.) Steering components to improve response.
4.) Suspension components to improve handling and stability and handling.

Will be purchasing the parts soon. Hope to hear from you.

Thanks and regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,
Nice to have another kyosho gt2 driver
i think it's better to sell the GT2 and get a Inferno ST-R, if possible. The early Inferno ST-R comes with a lot of good parts, for example better chassis plate, mp777 steering with better servo-saver and much more. Will save you a lot of money, believe me... I have build a race-ready/prooven modified electric GT2, raced it two times and it's stable and performs quite good, but since it was my first time on track, the nice Audi A4 body now has gotten some damage
Good upgrades to start with are the universals, if125 or better hardened mp9 tki/ mp777 ones four all 4 corners, for the middle-rear you can get igw058, but you have to use some shims, it's a tad to short. My next body is the protoform corvette. Here is a pic of the chassis and the used Audi A4 body

where and in which racing-series do you plan to take part? My nitro Gt2 is still not build yet...
Old 07-28-2018, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I'm new to this class. Mostly Traxxas entire line is in my garage. Anyway, I went out on a limb and got a Kyosho Inferno GT2 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. Has a .25 nitro engine. Was wondering if anyone had a simple drop in, hop-up replacement or could recommend one. Its a screamer, only have a few tanks on it but like to get it as fast as I can with what I have. Appreciate the help up front. email is: [email protected]
Old 01-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho inferno gt1

Does anyone know the part# of the shaft that goes through the 2speed clutch and gears?

Last edited by Jmurph; 01-23-2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Written wrong
Old 01-23-2019, 09:59 AM
KMN
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

IGW008-01 is for the "Shoe-Type" 2 speed.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Adjusting 2 speed shift point

how does one adjust the shift point in this thing? I can’t seem to access the grub screws. I feels as if the second gear hub and the clutch are not a right fit. Do you have to disassemble the tranny every time you need to adjust ?
Old 02-21-2019, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by illmatic94
how does one adjust the shift point in this thing? I can’t seem to access the grub screws. I feels as if the second gear hub and the clutch are not a right fit. Do you have to disassemble the tranny every time you need to adjust ?
You don't adjust the grub screw, you adjust the screws if you want to change the shift point. Yes you can access them without disassembling, although it is not a bad idea to widen the hole, we do that on ours. Make sure they are tightened equally, if not sure take the time to do the job properly and disassemble it.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
You don't adjust the grub screw, you adjust the screws if you want to change the shift point. Yes you can access them without disassembling, although it is not a bad idea to widen the hole, we do that on ours. Make sure they are tightened equally, if not sure take the time to do the job properly and disassemble it.
yes there are 2 screws that need to be adjust . However how do you access them ? My clutch doesn’t move freely in the hub it sits in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.