Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuddyBaja
Using the evolva clutch bell with 17 21 tooth combo. Running stock 46 43 spur combo. Shoe style tranny.
Are you using Evolva clutchbell gears or Inferno GT clutchbell gears? Believe it or not, the pitch between the two type of clutchbell gears are slightly different and if you are using the Evolva clutchbell gears and Inferno GT spur gears, it could be one of your issues. Are your clutchbell gears old and knife-edged? If they have knife-edged and the mesh is off a little, torq or a flex in the chassis could cause enough separation in the mesh to possibly cause the stripping issue. Check your motor mount bolts to make sure your engine is secure to the mounts. Check the motor mount chassis screws as well. I have had issues with them vibrating out of one mount from the bottom thus causing the engine to shift and strip my spur gears.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Using the evolva clutch bell with 17 21 tooth combo. Running stock 46 43 spur combo. Shoe style tranny.
The Kyosho VS058 clutch bell is not from the Evolva, it's from the FW05 1/10 scale chassis. If the VS058 if the clutch bell you're using, check to see if the bell is actually coming in contact with the 2nd gear spur's two shoe drum and not allowing a good mesh of both 1st & 2nd. If the bell is hitting the drum, it will rock back & forth which will not allow you to get an even mesh.

Another thing you can try if the above is not the issue, is to check if there is enough free travel of adjustment of the car's engine mounts.

Try using the old "paper between the gears trick" and physically hold the engine up against the spurs while tightening the engine mount. A lot of times things can move around in the process.

The last thing I can think of is, maybe running a 17/21 (4 tooth split) might be too much vs the 46/43 (3 tooth split). I know it wasn't an issue with our old Blackhawk rig, you could actually run as high as a 5 tooth split or as little as 3 tooth split without any problems...... but that's a whole different animal with a lot more gearing/spur options.

Post a few good pictures, maybe we can see what else it could be that's hanging ya up. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Are you using Evolva clutchbell gears or Inferno GT clutchbell gears? Believe it or not, the pitch between the two type of clutchbell gears are slightly different and if you are using the Evolva clutchbell gears and Inferno GT spur gears, it could be one of your issues. Are your clutchbell gears old and knife-edged? If they have knife-edged and the mesh is off a little, torq or a flex in the chassis could cause enough separation in the mesh to possibly cause the stripping issue. Check your motor mount bolts to make sure your engine is secure to the mounts. Check the motor mount chassis screws as well. I have had issues with them vibrating out of one mount from the bottom thus causing the engine to shift and strip my spur gears.
All excellent points to consider too.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

The FM pinions which are the evolva. I think it's a mesh issue and a clearance thing.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

The FM pinions which are the evolva. I think it's a mesh issue and a clearance thing.
Yes, the pitch of the FM pinion gears don't mesh up precisely to the pitch of the Inferno spur gears. You will either have to use the IG pinion gears or mod your transmission to fit the Evolva spur gears (which makes up the Blackhawk transmission that use to be produced).
Old 06-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Might as well go all the way with it. Lol.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool kyosho fans

Might as well go all the way with it. Lol.
where are you racing that mean machine Indiana or Illnois are you a lot further than that
Old 07-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Hola
Mi nombre es joaquin de santiago de Chile
Me gustaría tener información de cual es el mejor motor nitro para mi kyosho gt2
Gracias
Old 07-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joaxss
Hola
Mi nombre es joaquin de santiago de Chile
Me gustaría tener información de cual es el mejor motor nitro para mi kyosho gt2
Gracias
Si usted conoces a Patricio (Pato) Concha en Perú, hablas con el de motores para su carro. Busca solo un motor que puedes comprar repuestos fácil en su país.
Disfrutes
Old 07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Si usted conoces a Patricio (Pato) Concha en Perú, hablas con el de motores para su carro. Busca solo un motor que puedes comprar repuestos fácil en su país.
Disfrutes
Ok gracias
No tengo problema en comprar en tiendas com amainhobbies o infernosonly o towerh, etc en usa o hk
Pero quiero saber cual es la mejor opción para este coche, un 21, 25, 28, 30. Para el zr 30 necesita bancadas de motor distintas?
Gracias
Old 07-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default GT1 RETURNS !

THE GT1 RETURNS TO DO BATTLE THIS UPCOMING FORGASS FL STATE SERIES IN GT !...KEY UPGRADES !
1. IPANEMA WARRIOR BODY.
2. BUILT ON A MP777WC PLATFORM
3. CURRENT SHOE TYPE TRANNY
4. MAXY CINCO BT CERAMIC BEARINGS WITH NEW NOVA GLOW PLUG C8TGT
5. NOVA HEADER 41019 SHORT HEADER WITH SUPER STRONG PIPE
6. ALL 6 LIGHTWEIGHT MP777WC CVD'S
7. JR Z9100S SERVOS, DX4R TX/RX WITH LIFE POWER PACK.
8. 200K/30K FRONT/REAR DIFF OIL WITH 800W SHOCK OIL
9. DUAL BRAKE SETUP USING SP WC UPGRADED DISC'S AND PADS !

THE CAR IS IN BEAST MODE WITH THESE MODS ! COBRA GT, LET THE FUNNNN BEGIN !!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-ipanema_resize.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-gt1new-resize.jpg  
Old 07-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Good Luck and have fun!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Good Luck and have fun!
THANK YOU MY BROTHA !!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sponge to hold the body?

has anyone experience the front bumper flapping? I'm using the 458 Ferrari body but it seems to be flappy, what can I use a sponge to hold the front bumper or what?, please help. Many thx.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Roll bars

Originally Posted by rfordrford
Here is a pic of a couple toys. The GT2 RS has the 9886 exhaust and 41019 header with carvon fiber radio tray, rear shock towers and anti roll bars added the other car is an exam exer rtr and my trex 450
Hi I have the same inferno by the way urs is sweet I was wondering on the install of the roll bars I'm having trouble installing mines any way u can help me with this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.