Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Good list of 'upgrades'..............to your list I would add a 'splash guard' to keep fuel off of your brakes. Kyosho has a couple available but I have also made my own. Fuel on your brake pads during a pit shop is not an enjoyable thing.
Jerry...tks for the tip...so funny you added that cuz it just happened to me ..took 5 laps later to get brakes back ..eeeeekkkkkk !! lol ...will be ordering one next !
Old 01-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by djmorales
good luck in homestead have a friend going to race they're getting out of this Chicago cold weather

Thank you bro !! Here is a GT race at Homestead you will like that I shot last month ! >>http://youtu.be/hbYMcO6qXdU
Old 01-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ferrariGTR
Someone could help on these?

I've been thinking to custom mod a 2 speed transmission and would like to seek your help for some measurement below:
1. length of the 2 speed shaft (part no. KYOIGW008-01)
2. diameter of the 2 speed shaft
3. outer length of shaft measure from drive cups end to end (measurement A of pix)
4. inner length of shaft measure from bearing to bearing (measurement B of pix)
5. Thickness of bearing

I appreciate very much if you could help me out on these measurement. TIA

MEASUREMENT A IS 76.65 MM AND B IS 31 MM AND BEARING SIZE IS 5X16MM !! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUILD !
Old 01-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Gosh, thank u so much!

I suspect measurement for B should be more than 31mm; correct me if I'm wrong. Do you happen to know the diameter of the 2 speed shaft?

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
MEASUREMENT A IS 76.65 MM AND B IS 31 MM AND BEARING SIZE IS 5X16MM !! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUILD !
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Just picked up a GT2 Limited Edition kit on ebay. Build is going great except for one problem. The mounts for the rear suspension arms (IF113, IF124) for some reason seem to have the holes for inserting the hinge pins spaced different distances apart, making it impossible to attach the rear suspension arms. Please see attached images to understand what I'm talking about, am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-img_0585.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-img_1211.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modelcitizen
Just picked up a GT2 Limited Edition kit on ebay. Build is going great except for one problem. The mounts for the rear suspension arms (IF113, IF124) for some reason seem to have the holes for inserting the hinge pins spaced different distances apart, making it impossible to attach the rear suspension arms. Please see attached images to understand what I'm talking about, am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
They are supposed to be at an angle, kyosho sells different degree sp plates coded by color. Rear toe is a good thing

I believe the red one was 1 degree. You may want to get some upgraded hinge pins, the kyosho ones are Very soft and bend easily plus the C clip method is antiquated.

Personally I would screw the plate on to the diff first put pins with C clips on the plate side pins then slide arms on then put rear plastic holder on then rear C clips. Take your time you can do it

You may want to use some type of wax lubricant on the hinge pins in the future for maintenance.

Welcome to GT fun
Old 01-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you sir! I thought that might be the case but they just seemed to be binding rather badly and I didn't want to force anything and break it. I'll try the method you suggest and see how it goes.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Please try and excuse the onslaught of noob questions, I've been out of the hobby for a few years. If I were to upgrade the hinge pins, what brand would you suggest and what is the alternative method of securing them (as opposed to c-clips)? Thanks!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360701819050...84.m1423.l2649

they get held in by set screw there also used to be a kit that was a long shouldered bolt
also
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-dowel-pins/=q8yflv
for pins its a option
Old 01-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I picture of my Gt1 taking it out of the garage.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-kyosho-joan.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modelcitizen
Please try and excuse the onslaught of noob questions, I've been out of the hobby for a few years. If I were to upgrade the hinge pins, what brand would you suggest and what is the alternative method of securing them (as opposed to c-clips)? Thanks!
These are the only upgraded non C clips I know at the moment. I wouldnt be suprised if Lunsford had some thing too.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hinge-Pin-Set

Kyosho GT is just a 7.5 buggy with a 2 speed and bumper so most 7.0 7.5 and 777 kyosho buggy parts are a direct fit.

If I see anything else I will pm you I don't run that model any more but do remember alot of the upgrades

Have fun

Old 01-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
These are the only upgraded non C clips I know at the moment. I wouldnt be suprised if Lunsford had some thing too.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hinge-Pin-Set

Kyosho GT is just a 7.5 buggy with a 2 speed and bumper so most 7.0 7.5 and 777 kyosho buggy parts are a direct fit.

If I see anything else I will pm you I don't run that model any more but do remember alot of the upgrades

Have fun

those work very well we used to swap our cen stuff for the kysho mounts and use those in buggy no more lost e clips you may need to ream the arms though
Old 01-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ferrariGTR
Gosh, thank u so much!

I suspect measurement for B should be more than 31mm; correct me if I'm wrong. Do you happen to know the diameter of the 2 speed shaft?
The main shaft running through the 2 speed ??
Old 01-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi anyone know if they make a carbon fiber chassis for the gt2? Ive them out there but not sure whether or not it was custom made or a company actually sells them
Old 01-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Allshowandgo
Hi anyone know if they make a carbon fiber chassis for the gt2? Ive them out there but not sure whether or not it was custom made or a company actually sells them

Carbon chassis for gt2 was manufactured and sold by max velocity long time ago,but now it is discontinued .
I have in my plans to design and cut in my milling machine a 4mm carbon chassis for gt2 but i havent found since now a good carbon fiber suplier,anyone here ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.