Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm looking at running the TRW105 shocks and noticed the optional springs are recommended but was wondering if I could use the springs from my stock shocks on the GT2. It looks like the stock springs may be stiffer but I'm not sure.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, you can used the stock springs on the TRW105 shocks.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

So what's the low-down on this new Race Spec? I have a DM-1, and like it, but I have blown a lot of 2-speed gears, and I hate the CB with the tiny front bearings. Also, part availability is NULL. Here in Germany, Kyosho is widely available, and affordable..

So what are the significant improvements with the Race Spec? I basically didn't get the GT2 because of all the issues I heard regarding the 2-speed..(then yeah, had issues with the DM-1...)

What issues does it have? How fast is it stock? Thanks..
Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So what's the low-down on this new Race Spec? I have a DM-1, and like it, but I have blown a lot of 2-speed gears, and I hate the CB with the tiny front bearings. Also, part availability is NULL. Here in Germany, Kyosho is widely available, and affordable..

So what are the significant improvements with the Race Spec? I basically didn't get the GT2 because of all the issues I heard regarding the 2-speed..(then yeah, had issues with the DM-1...)

What issues does it have? How fast is it stock? Thanks..
Get the Race Spec and never look back! Shoe type 2 speed, 3 shoe clutch, 2.4 radio system, metal gear servos, stronger chassis, better brakes, good pipe and header. The KE25 isn't a bad engine either. Just before you do anything with it take it apart and reseal it. The couple KE25's that have had problems had air leak issues, so reseal them and they run just fine.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

What about droop? I've ran full droop, no droop, and partial. What does everybody else have?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
What about droop? I've ran full droop, no droop, and partial. What does everybody else have?
I am running about 1mm of droop for both front and rear. Like you I have tried full droop, no droop and partial and I like to have just a little bit of droop.

Lee
Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Steve,

Received the pinions in the mail this morning..

So far, while the combo of 17/21 is fast and makes this lrp .30 much more drivable. I find that the combo of 16/20 to be the sweet spot for this car/engine. The acceleration is butter smooth with a bit of throttle control and tailors my driving style. BTW i'm using .95 clutch springs and tightened the 2 speed to 2 1/2 turns.

However, when installing the pinions chipped a bit on the first gear with minimal pressure. I am assuming that if these does end up in production, the material used will be the same as the stock pinions.

Thanks again Steve!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

New GT2 spec kit with DBR9 that has new race livery.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Inferno...3_p_11004.html
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I am running about 1mm of droop for both front and rear. Like you I have tried full droop, no droop and partial and I like to have just a little bit of droop.

Lee
Hmm. Haven't tried that kind of set up. I've heard that most guys like 3-5 in the front and 9-12 in the rear. I just need to buy my own droop blocks and gauge so I can play around with it for a day at the track.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Quick question guys...

Is there any significant difference between the dual brake system versus the single stacked brake system on the gt2?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Quick question guys...

Is there any significant difference between the dual brake system versus the single stacked brake system on the gt2?
I prefer a single disk with the option SP pads. It's much more simple, and still has PLENTY of braking power.

But in theory by not having the disks stacked they can dissipate heat better however, by just upgrading to good pads with a single disk you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Can you buy the little spacer that goes between your first and second pinions on the clutch bell for the shoe type 2 speed? I would like to get 2 other clutch bells together so I can have gearing options. 14/18, 15/19, and 16/20.

Also, I'm looking at maybe getting the option shock pistons. But unsure of what size of holes to start with. I was thinking maybe the 1.6X1 or the 1.3X2 pistons.

Any experience? I would consider the aluminum shocks, but $100 is tough to swallow, considering the good luck I've had with the plastic ones.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

C

I also looked into that and unfortunately kyosho doesn't offer just the washer. the only way to get it is through IGW008-01, per Trevor from infernosonly.com

BTW thanks for the brake setup info. and the new shocks is also in my to-buy list buy like you said, $100 is hard to swallow.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
C

I also looked into that and unfortunately kyosho doesn't offer just the washer. the only way to get it is through IGW008-01, per Trevor from infernosonly.com

BTW thanks for the brake setup info. and the new shocks is also in my to-buy list buy like you said, $100 is hard to swallow.
Thanks! That's not too bad I suppose. I can make the washers, I've done it before. But I'm just lazy.

I have ran the SP pads with the SP disk for a while. However I found that the SP disk is a tad smaller diameter so it doesn't wear the entire pad. So if you get KYOIF134, the disks are almost the same thickness as KYOIFW122, plus you get 2 disks for less than the SP disk. Then use KYOIFW330 SP pads. Bam, more brakes than you'll ever need, plus the entire pad gets worn, and you have a spare disk should that one eventually wear out.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

need some advise i have a gt2 & runnin a .28 motor and stock 2-shoe 2speed... what gear to use for tight track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.