Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree26Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Is anybody here using the upgrade shocks for GT/GT2?
How are they?
Are they bigger than the stock shocks that came with the car?
Thanx.
Aris
Old 09-26-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aris
How are they?
Thanx.
Aris
Personally, I am still using the stock shocks with no issues. I have a friend that was using the Kyosho Big Bore shocks but he eventually went back to the stock shocks (he was having issues with the threaded shock collars moving during racing).
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How are they?
Thanx.
Aris
I really like the Kyosho Shocks! They are super smooth and amazing build quality! I haven't heard of anybody else having that issue with collars on them? Any how, definitely more tunability. Switching your shock pistons on your stock shocks from the brass notched ones to plastic ones with holes will offer almost the same effect. If you have the cash, go for the upgrade! If not, just try changing out your shock piston's to plastic ones.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
I really like the Kyosho Shocks! They are super smooth and amazing build quality! I haven't heard of anybody else having that issue with collars on them? Any how, definitely more tunability. Switching your shock pistons on your stock shocks from the brass notched ones to plastic ones with holes will offer almost the same effect. If you have the cash, go for the upgrade! If not, just try changing out your shock piston's to plastic ones.
Just for note: I was referring to a buddy of mine that had some aluminum big bore shocks that the collars screwed themselves to the top of the shocks due to vibration. He later learned that the rubber O-ring in the collars were not thick enough to hold the collars in place on the set that he had. This is not an issue with the plastic shocks that come on the kits. He has since gone back to the stock plastic shocks and has not had the same issue.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hmmm. That's interesting. I actually have had to replace my O-rings on my plastic shocks. Of course, they were old as crap from a GT1!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Best thing to do is upgrade the springs to IGW004-9002 front (silver) and 8022 (black) on the rears ! Stiffer than stock and car the drives better ! Here is a pic on my current GT1 track car...
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-gt1-upgraded-shocks.jpg  

Last edited by Yb2fast; 09-29-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Smile GT/GT2 springs

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Best thing to do is upgrade the springs to IGW004-9002 front (silver) and 8022 (black) on the rears ! Stiffer than stock and car the drives better ! Here is a pic on my current GT1 track car...
Could the experts please respond.........

I was pursuing 'stiffer springs' and was told that both the 'black' and 'silver' springs were softer than the stock springs that have 'less coils'..........I had gone back to the stock springs on a few different tracks. No problems except the 'excessive caster angle' that comes free with Kyosho GT cars.

Last edited by scary_jerry; 09-30-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: caster edit
Old 09-30-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

What shocks fluid do you guys use?
I put 70w from losi. But car seem to shake on acceleration.
I find it too stiff.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

What shocks fluid do you guys use?
I put 70w from losi. But car seem to shake on acceleration.
I find it too stiff.
Check the wear on your 'diff cups' for a source for acceleration 'shake'.

I have always used 1000 wgt shock oil (temps usually > 80* F) Others go lighter but I don't see the need to.

CTrickle mentioned the use of different shock diaphragms over 'stock'. Keep oil weight 'constant' and work with 'mechanical' parameters.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SteveP
My car is in a million pieces, but I think I recall everything that I've done to it.

4 gear diffs front and rear, 3.0 front stabilizer, 2.8 rear, TRW105 shocks with the IGW silver springs in the front, black in the rear (not stock, but black IGW spring). The front shocks are running 1200 Kyosho oil, and the rear 1000. The front diff is at 50K and the rear at 3K. In the front I'm running the H/B blocks for minimum caster, and I'm in the process of fitting some MP9 hub carriers and knuckles to reduce caster even further. In the rear, I run the upper camber link in the lower hole on the shock tower. The roll center geometry works better for me with the camber link in the lowest hole. I hpoe I got most of it covered, but I'm always trying new things because that's what makes me tick.
Scarry Jerry...Quoted from the "expert himself SteveP"...only thing I have not done was upgrade the shocks to TRW105....but the car is a lot stiffer now than with stock springs and has better traction on exit and turn in with my Alpha's....
Old 10-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I ran Kyosho I always used the stock shocks after trying several others. I ran stock springs until I changed to the black chrome rear spring , a step softer than stock. Like Jerry , I ran 1000wt diff oil in the four shocks.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

I changed to 6 hole Fioroni shock pistons on the stock shocks with 85 weight oil. I really liked the grip that gave me. Then ran stock front springs and the black chrome rears. Didn't like the silver springs at all!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
I'm digging the DIY upper chassis braces! What chassis is that on? I see that it's a 7.5 based chassis, just which particular one?
Old 10-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
I'm digging the DIY upper chassis braces! What chassis is that on? I see that it's a 7.5 based chassis, just which particular one?
Thanks..car handles like a dream with that current setup...That chassis is the Dragan racing Mp777....notice also I use the Mp777 radio tray which I like a lot better than stock with aluminum mounts...no more radio tray movement with brakes applied : )
Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone running the hard shock towers? The front are not threaded for the upper pins ?
Suggestions ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.