[ATTACH]Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-1-2013-080.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-1-2013-082.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default last 2

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-1-2013-078.jpg

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-1-2013-081.jpg

Here are 2 more for now will post more after i paint the 2 new bodies.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Looking like a race machine! You may also want to check out the Lunsford turnbuckle set. They are much easier to adjust and are lighter. Also you may want to take some of your scrap lexan and make a splash guard covering your brakes. You'll find your pit guy tends to get over zealous fueling you up and the splash guard is insurance. Do you have the upgraded brakes? Springs between the brake pads? Other than that your Kyo is looking good.

One thing to consider, I noticed you are running an exhaust extension. I use to run these also but if for some reason it gets cracked cut or even yanked off you will loose you tune on your engine. Your Engine should go to the rich side with it off so its not too big of a deal but it will really hurt you in a long main. Just something to consider looking forward to racing.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks I'll check out those options as I haven't addressed those items. What pipe setup would you suggest? I appreciate the help and look forward to seeing you out there on the track.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rfordrford
thanks I'll check out those options as I haven't addressed those items. What pipe setup would you suggest? I appreciate the help and look forward to seeing you out there on the track.
Pipe wise Id lean towards a EFRA 9901 as it is designed to smooth out your power band in the 21-28 engines. It also is "Super Strong" so it will take the bumps you are going to throw at it. The header you have will do, you would want to change headers based on many things but if you aren't top tier factory status I'd just stick with what you have. You can play with it but its difficult to notice when you first start out.

On a cheaper route you could also go with a JP3 pipe, cheaper and built for the 21-28 engines but probably wont be as smooth or efficient as the Novarossi set.

More suggestions from Novarossi below

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/products...display=public
Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

For GT racing, the Roma runs best with the 41019 header and the 51004 (9886) pipe.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Thanks guys I really appreciate all of the advice. It's all well received and will be getting ordered this week. The only question I have left is does anyone know where I can get a carbon fiber rear shock tower and radio plate? that will complete that part of the upgrade, but I can't seem to find those anywhere. Again thanks for all of the great help.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys I really appreciate all of the advice. It's all well received and will be getting ordered this week. The only question I have left is does anyone know where I can get a carbon fiber rear shock tower and radio plate? that will complete that part of the upgrade, but I can't seem to find those anywhere. Again thanks for all of the great help.
I wouldn't be too concerned about upgrading the radio plate and rear tower. Your car still has to be 3500 grams. If you are into making everything look pretty then its worth it! I have to have a pretty car too lol, until I get racing anyway. Id suggest Ebay and maybe IGThobbies but off the top of my head I don't know where you could get them or if they exist. Best of luck your going to love the Roma and the sweet GT its planted in!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
I wouldn't be too concerned about upgrading the radio plate and rear tower. Your car still has to be 3500 grams. If you are into making everything look pretty then its worth it! I have to have a pretty car too lol, until I get racing anyway. Id suggest Ebay and maybe IGThobbies but off the top of my head I don't know where you could get them or if they exist. Best of luck your going to love the Roma and the sweet GT its planted in!!!
Thanks but SNR Graphite is going to build them for me. I emailed them and they build to order. I like the look and the weight it shaves off. If it is too light I will just add the needed weight to get it to exact specs. Thanks again and I can't wait to get out there I enjoyed the car when it was stock and am looking forward to seeing the difference.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Thanks but SNR Graphite is going to build them for me. I emailed them and they build to order. I like the look and the weight it shaves off. If it is too light I will just add the needed weight to get it to exact specs. Thanks again and I can't wait to get out there I enjoyed the car when it was stock and am looking forward to seeing the difference.
Are you near a track so you can get 'your time in' to tweak your skills?

Ty has driven the wheels off.........literally, starting with Kyosho.....got a TeamC and then got the Serpent GT. He's used several power plants and ended up taking his OS .25 BEASTY powerplant off to gain more control. If you have a 'steady' throttle finger, you'll enjoy the Roma..........If you' re a 'kamikaze' you'll attain 'suborbit' but won't be quite so happy trying to keep control of your 'expensive pieces'....

Where do you run? We'd love to join in.......
Old 01-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Always good to lighten up anything up high. Get some pics up when you are done, I've raced out a few Kyos but not as far as you have gone. Im curious to see how it turns out!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

100-80 works great in these big cars. Id start with the 100 and work down from there as needed. You could always use 1000-800 diff fluid too
Thanks! Bought a shock oil set once but never opened anything past 70WT. Now I have an excuse to.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Always good to lighten up anything up high. Get some pics up when you are done, I've raced out a few Kyos but not as far as you have gone. Im curious to see how it turns out!
I'll make sure to post some pics and if possible some vids as well. I live in Maryland and since they closed 301 raceway I will probably have to travel to Delaware, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania. There may be something in Va as well but I'm still checking it out.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
Thanks! Bought a shock oil set once but never opened anything past 70WT. Now I have an excuse to.
There are different springs available too. You may want to llok into them as further tuning options if you dont already have them.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hey

Were did u get your body's at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.