Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree25Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 02-16-2021, 03:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

anyone have a new, in-box, Kyosho GT3 kit they want to sell?
Old 02-23-2021, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

nice
Old 03-05-2021, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
Installed the IG111 clutch bell to go with my IGW008 2-speed, in order to get a perfect mesh. It immediately started spinning freely. I had my doubts about the non-threaded 2nd gear but didn't wanna put any glue on it because it isn't mentioned in the manual. Do you guys put CA glue or anything?

EDIT: Kyosho answered my question, you have to make sure the beveled side goes towards the first gear and the flatter side to the clutch bell, which I didn't do. Works perfectly now
hello I'm new here. I am still confused or stuck on shimming the clutch bell. I get it that your suppose to put one after the clutch nut so the bell doesn't bind with flywheel. The next step where I'm confused when that the instruction manual says to use 5x7 shim between the bearing and the black collar. Now I bought myself the igw008 set and the manual says to use 3x5 shim the end of crankshaft so it won't lock up. I would like to know if ya can help me understand what its for and what should I be following since 2 different manual tells different things. 5x7 or 3x5 shims?
Old 07-17-2021, 07:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Engine tune leans out as fuel is depleted. How can I solve this?

Hello,

I've got two separate GT2's running right now... One with the 150ml tank, and the other with the 125ml tank.

When I run either of them, I notice the tune will lean itself as the fuel is depleted... I am assuming this is because the pressure in the tank is decreasing as more air enters.
  • It starts off rich and increases in power to around 1/2 tank.... at this point the power is great, I can see decent smoke, and everything sounds good.
  • It then it becomes leaner as I get closer to the end of the tank.... At this point, the power is OK, the visible smoke is diminishing, and my idle tune is off after WOT straight pulls.

As a result of this, I end up bringing the car in to refuel around the 1/2 tank mark to avoid overheating.

Also, this issue seems to be consistent among any the engines I've run..
  • Kyosho GXR .28,
  • TrackStar SEG .21
  • NOVA .28 7T

How do good/pro racers tune for the full life of a tank so they get max performance without blowing up their engines?
  • Is there a way to solve for this pressure variation?
  • Is this due to the way I have my fuel tank & fuel lines set up?
  • Or, is this just a part of nitro tuning?

If possible, please advise.

Thank you
Old 02-20-2022, 06:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GT3 Caster blocks

Hello

I have planned to do the same update as you MikaR but right now I am waiting for the caster blocks to arrive in the mail, MikaR you write that you use screws and balls from mp9, can you please explain which ones you use? preferably with article number if you remember.

Thanks in advance // Johan

Last edited by nordic; 02-20-2022 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Any benefit to upgrading from the GT2 to the GT3?
Old 08-03-2022, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Hello,

I've got two separate GT2's running right now... One with the 150ml tank, and the other with the 125ml tank.

When I run either of them, I notice the tune will lean itself as the fuel is depleted... I am assuming this is because the pressure in the tank is decreasing as more air enters.
  • It starts off rich and increases in power to around 1/2 tank.... at this point the power is great, I can see decent smoke, and everything sounds good.
  • It then it becomes leaner as I get closer to the end of the tank.... At this point, the power is OK, the visible smoke is diminishing, and my idle tune is off after WOT straight pulls.

As a result of this, I end up bringing the car in to refuel around the 1/2 tank mark to avoid overheating.

Also, this issue seems to be consistent among any the engines I've run..
  • Kyosho GXR .28,
  • TrackStar SEG .21
  • NOVA .28 7T

How do good/pro racers tune for the full life of a tank so they get max performance without blowing up their engines?
  • Is there a way to solve for this pressure variation?
  • Is this due to the way I have my fuel tank & fuel lines set up?
  • Or, is this just a part of nitro tuning?

If possible, please advise.

Thank you

That's completely normal, it happens to all Nitro engines. The only thing you can do is tune the engine when it leans out, but then it will be rich until it hits that original lean out spot, so it's a trade off.

On a separate note, I want to replace the plastics shocks that came with my Nitro GT2 AMG with Aluminum ones. What Kyosho Shocks fit the GT2?