Old 10-14-2019, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

ST-R
Old 10-15-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MikaR;15527489]ST-R
Thank you.

Last edited by 1966ss; 10-15-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default NEW GT1 / GT8 body from PROTOform

https://www.racepf.com/on-road-1-8/h...clear-body.asp
MikaR likes this.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Considering it to my GT1
Old 11-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

hello beautiful people of the internet.

i am looking to get into 1/8 gt racing and was hoping to get more info on the gt2 race spec.

My lhs stocks kyosho so the gt2 rtr is the most obvious choice of car to get. but asking around, no one seems to be running the kyosho cars.

I'm wondering if these are not as competitive out of the box. i love racing rtrs, i own prokits as well but get the most kick out of doing well with rtrs nowadays so i would not be looking to upgrading the cars out of the box.

Any information provided is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tak4 View Post
hello beautiful people of the internet.

i am looking to get into 1/8 gt racing and was hoping to get more info on the gt2 race spec.

My lhs stocks kyosho so the gt2 rtr is the most obvious choice of car to get. but asking around, no one seems to be running the kyosho cars.

I'm wondering if these are not as competitive out of the box. i love racing rtrs, i own prokits as well but get the most kick out of doing well with rtrs nowadays so i would not be looking to upgrading the cars out of the box.

Any information provided is greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have not seen a Kyosho GT car on the track in the USA for years.

I’m anxious to see one with the new reduced caster steering knuckles run. The Kyosho GT2 appears to have a ‘7.5’ chassis as opposed to the ‘777’ version chassis that reportedly has ‘better steering’ than the 7.5. The GT3.....MP9/TK14 is totally different.

With improved steering (with reduced caster) the Kyosho should be fun. I would try to get the ‘bonded brake shoes’ for improved stopping power.
MikaR likes this.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post

I have not seen a Kyosho GT car on the track in the USA for years.

I’m anxious to see one with the new reduced caster steering knuckles run. The Kyosho GT2 appears to have a ‘7.5’ chassis as opposed to the ‘777’ version chassis that reportedly has ‘better steering’ than the 7.5. The GT3.....MP9/TK14 is totally different.

With improved steering (with reduced caster) the Kyosho should be fun. I would try to get the ‘bonded brake shoes’ for improved stopping power.
Thanks for the reply,

I wasn't sure if this thread was still active. I have a 777 that is still in top shape. Would the parts be a direct drop and fit for the 777 chassis? I own an Mp10 buggy right now but I don't want to spend top dollar for the gt class as this will just be a small project for me. I have a lot of 777 parts and hopups so if the parts can be upcycled, it would be great. I just need a car to run during the wet season here. The offroad tracks are closed as they get flooded.

I'm hoping to run it stock. I've read about the caster issues on the forums. How big of a deal is this? Am I really dead weight on the track if I drive the car stock? I also have the option of getting the type R. I have electronics and an engine lying around but would it also be suffering from the same caster issues?

Thanks
Old 11-05-2019, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

For the caster issue it's really easy to solve on GT1/GT2, pls see this post Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
Old 11-06-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply,

I wasn't sure if this thread was still active. I have a 777 that is still in top shape. Would the parts be a direct drop and fit for the 777 chassis? I own an Mp10 buggy right now but I don't want to spend top dollar for the gt class as this will just be a small project for me. I have a lot of 777 parts and hopups so if the parts can be upcycled, it would be great. I just need a car to run during the wet season here. The offroad tracks are closed as they get flooded.

I'm hoping to run it stock. I've read about the caster issues on the forums. How big of a deal is this? Am I really dead weight on the track if I drive the car stock? I also have the option of getting the type R. I have electronics and an engine lying around but would it also be suffering from the same caster issues?

Thanks
’Dead Weight’ on the track would seem appropriate term if you saw all the other cars ‘turning inside/under you’ on the corners. It’s THAT BIG of an issue that took TOO MANY YEARS for Kyosho to deal with !!

The bulk of your parts still work for the ‘777’ based GT conversion. Remember the steering posts/Ackerman etc are different in ‘7.5’ version from ‘777’ version. Their bolt ‘center dimensions’ are different. The biggest factor to make both GT1 (short), GT2 (long) chassis WORK is installing the new/improved caster steering carriers.

I’m not near my Kyosho at the present but mounting the 2speed transmission may be an issue unless you have the proper holes to just slip the ‘2 speed’ into place. Center braces and drivelines are different and of course the body selection is per ‘GT1 vs GT2’.
Some fuel tanks were 125cc but GT class runs 150cc.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

That is disappointing to know... I guess i will not be getting into the gt class after all. I was hoping to get into gt racing the easy way with an rtr but the inferno gt2 seems inadequate. Will probably see if i can get a second hand serpent or mugen which are popular here.

thanks for the feedback though.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

That is disappointing to know... I guess i will not be getting into the gt class after all. I was hoping to get into gt racing the easy way with an rtr but the inferno gt2 seems inadequate. Will probably see if i can get a second hand serpent or mugen which are popular here.

thanks for the feedback though.
Getting the GT2 and adding the new ‘improved’/reduced caster steering carriers is still an option. I’ve had to add ‘fixes’ to the Serpent Cobra I bought. Kyosho wasn’t yet ‘with the program’ of running out front at races once Serpent, Mugen etc started doing real ‘track performance enhancements’.
I put well over the $75 cost of the new Kyosho parts into my Serpent ‘1.0++’. Tweeking the MGT7 still cost a few bucks but not as much as chasing Serpent ‘1.0, 1.2, 2, 2.0 etc past 3.1 to SRX8’.
Just understand, you just need the darn things to ‘turn’ in the corner.
ROLLINGaFTGT likes this.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Got my 2008 IGT F430 restoration completed with the new (used) body, IGW008 tranny and the all-new caster blocks

williamw likes this.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Got my 2008 IGT F430 restoration completed with the new (used) body, IGW008 tranny and the all-new caster blocks

oh damn that looks good.
I just need to find me a 360mm body to restore mine. Cant find 360mm ferrari or the audi r8 silver body anymore.
MikaR and DrealRacer like this.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Gt2

So wat speeds are yall running

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.