Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree22Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 PM
  #1621  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: new york
Posts: 912
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Lots of guys not required to use the 'legal' 3/4/5 port/7mm intake have run the 7 and 9 ports but you'll be cautioned to change to 'off road' head for cooling or make sure to get enough air to the engine..
7 and 9 ports can pull a little more top end on straights but unless you can get it 'whoaed down' with super brakes, the 3/4/5 port engines have the infield 'grunt' advantage and playing field gets 'leveled' anyway.

The 40/46 ratio in the old trans was fun but only for 'top end'. Early brakes couldn't get the beast 'whoaed down' and my 'shift point' always hit at a bad moment when approaching 'apex' and pushed car too far into corner.
yeah I bought the 40/46 to run with a 19/25 clutchbell but didn’t realize the old gearing had a whole different set up . What exactly do you mean by “whoaed down”
illmatic94 is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 06:35 AM
  #1622  
Tech Addict
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 565
Default

Originally Posted by illmatic94 View Post

yeah I bought the 40/46 to run with a 19/25 clutchbell but didn’t realize the old gearing had a whole different set up . What exactly do you mean by “whoaed down”
That was an attempt at saying 'whoa horse'.....'STOP' !!

'19/25' is awfully tall gearing...... I have an original '14 tooth' gear set. More often than not, we were running 15/19 and carefully watched final engine alignment with transmission to avoid grinding off teeth.
scary_jerry is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 12:02 PM
  #1623  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: new york
Posts: 912
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
That was an attempt at saying 'whoa horse'.....'STOP' !!

'19/25' is awfully tall gearing...... I have an original '14 tooth' gear set. More often than not, we were running 15/19 and carefully watched final engine alignment with transmission to avoid grinding off teeth.
that was the plan. The lrp .32 fell of in the higher rpm. I think I’m gonna go with the mito 9 port .21
illmatic94 is offline  
Old 07-24-2019, 09:28 PM
  #1624  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Philly basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 158
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I been searching the forum, is there any advice on changing the shift point of the gt2 2 shoe clutch style tranny? I took my tranny apart, bc it was shifting into 2nd gear almost immediately off the line. I wanted to set it later when I took it apart the shoes were pretty much rubbing the hub the whole time. If I tighten the screws the slightest, it feels like the clutch shoes won’t expand at all. Should there be some play as far as being able to make them expand by hand or are my two shoes or springs worn out or something? Tx
Philly basher is offline  
Old 07-28-2019, 10:39 PM
  #1625  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Philly basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 158
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Philly basher View Post
I been searching the forum, is there any advice on changing the shift point of the gt2 2 shoe clutch style tranny? I took my tranny apart, bc it was shifting into 2nd gear almost immediately off the line. I wanted to set it later when I took it apart the shoes were pretty much rubbing the hub the whole time. If I tighten the screws the slightest, it feels like the clutch shoes won’t expand at all. Should there be some play as far as being able to make them expand by hand or are my two shoes or springs worn out or something? Tx
figured it out, I just tightened them down & backed off a tiny bit &! tried it it shifts later...tx
Philly basher is offline  
Old 09-12-2019, 03:35 AM
  #1626  
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,677
Default

Hi,
just installed the GT3 4deg Caster blocks to my IGT1. They're a direct fit, just use some screws and balls from the MP9.
What I still need is the IGW008 tranny (this was a used car to work on) and waiting for one to arrive in the mail. I'm also using
MP9 universals and some small parts.
MikaR is offline  
Old 09-15-2019, 08:14 AM
  #1627  
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,677
Default

New caster blocks made the car feel really good!
MikaR is offline  
Old 09-15-2019, 12:04 PM
  #1628  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mustangkillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,166
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
New caster blocks made the car feel really good!
what changed?
mustangkillaz is offline  
Old 09-15-2019, 11:26 PM
  #1629  
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,677
Default

Turning Big time. The tire stays flat all the way. This is how onroad cars should be in the first place, kinda stupid it's an option part
MikaR is offline  
Old 09-15-2019, 11:28 PM
  #1630  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mustangkillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,166
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Turning Big time. The tire stays flat all the way. This is how onroad cars should be in the first place, kinda stupid it's an option part
cool. You put it on a rack a get actual caster reading? I'm curious where it ends up.
mustangkillaz is offline  
Old 09-16-2019, 03:20 AM
  #1631  
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,677
Default

Sorry I don't have one. But it looks like it's close to zero (flat) i.e. it's that 4deg as it suggests. Anyone knows?
MikaR is offline  
Old 09-16-2019, 12:09 PM
  #1632  
Tech Master
 
TurnNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,287
Default

Wow, so Kyosho has been updating the car all this time? Pretty cool to see. I live 5 minutes away from the host track for the 2020 IFMAR Worlds, so I can’t wait for it to roll around. It would be cool to see Kyosho represented among all of the brands that have released cars in this class.
MikaR likes this.
TurnNBurn is offline  
Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 AM
  #1633  
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,677
Default

Finally got the IGW008 tranny so now the IGT1 rebuild is complete. Tested and works! Ready for season start in May/June 2020




MikaR is offline  
Old 10-06-2019, 10:53 AM
  #1634  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,513
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Finally got the IGW008 tranny so now the IGT1 rebuild is complete. Tested and works! Ready for season start in May/June 2020




Hello Mika! I see you are still working with the Kyosho IGT. Been doing 5th scale and put the Kyoshos off to the side for the time being. If I decide to dust mine off, you have to send me a list of what you did to yours.
JLock is offline  
Old 10-06-2019, 12:52 PM
  #1635  
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,677
Default

Cool man! Let's do that! Great to hear from you!

The new thing really are the onroad caster blocks, intrested to see how those will work. Otherwise it's still the old IGT1 pretty much the same as it was 2007
MikaR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.