R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 04:34 PM   #1576
Tech Fanatic
 
UrabusDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 796
Default

Also, can someone confirm what is the pitch of the IGW008 spur gears? I'm getting a bit confused, I've read here that the pitch isn't exactly the same as the Evolva gears. I am using Evolva 16/19 clutch bell gears (seemingly without issues) but I'm getting the feeling they aren't exactly the same pitch (because the stock clutch bell gears look pretty different on pictures)? Which 16/19 gears would fit VS058 clutchbells (because I've got a few) and have the perfect pitch for the IGW008 spur gears?
__________________
Alpha Plus - alpha-rc.com
JQRacing - eu.jqracing.com
Blue Bird - www.blue-bird-model.com
Boca Bearings - www.bocabearings.com
UrabusDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #1577
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 103
Default

What bodies worked best on the gt2?
Ofna2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:00 PM   #1578
Tech Addict
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofna2005 View Post
What bodies worked best on the gt2?
Take a look at the new Protoform Corvette GT and GT2 bodies. The drivers have said they're getting better downforce for cornering. 😎
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:03 AM   #1579
Tech Fanatic
 
UrabusDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 796
Default

Installed the IG111 clutch bell to go with my IGW008 2-speed, in order to get a perfect mesh. It immediately started spinning freely. I had my doubts about the non-threaded 2nd gear but didn't wanna put any glue on it because it isn't mentioned in the manual. Do you guys put CA glue or anything?

EDIT: Kyosho answered my question, you have to make sure the beveled side goes towards the first gear and the flatter side to the clutch bell, which I didn't do. Works perfectly now
__________________
Alpha Plus - alpha-rc.com
JQRacing - eu.jqracing.com
Blue Bird - www.blue-bird-model.com
Boca Bearings - www.bocabearings.com

Last edited by UrabusDenis; 10-08-2017 at 03:23 PM.
UrabusDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #1580
Tech Regular
 
timjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 384
Default

Hey guys, hopefully this is a reasonable place to post my question.

I have a custom project using the Kyosho shoe-type 43/46t trans. The clutch bell is the matching 15/18t.
I'm a little lost in the kyosho lingo, could someone point me to 18t 1st and 21t 2nd pinions for this bell? Or is this not really "a thing" in kyosho land? Thanks!

EDIT:
Is it common to run a 4 tooth spread on the pinions even though the transmission is a 3 tooth spread? Because 17/21 would be even better to maintain a little more low end.. thanks

Last edited by timjs; 12-30-2017 at 06:40 PM.
timjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:20 PM   #1581
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjs View Post
Hey guys, hopefully this is a reasonable place to post my question.

I have a custom project using the Kyosho shoe-type 43/46t trans. The clutch bell is the matching 15/18t.
I'm a little lost in the kyosho lingo, could someone point me to 18t 1st and 21t 2nd pinions for this bell? Or is this not really "a thing" in kyosho land? Thanks!

EDIT:
Is it common to run a 4 tooth spread on the pinions even though the transmission is a 3 tooth spread? Because 17/21 would be even better to maintain a little more low end.. thanks
The Pinions for original clutch bell are available in 13-15T (ig112) and 16-21T (ig113), also the 2nd gear pinions are not threaded on this type of clutchbell.
You can also use the fw05 clutch bell (vs058) and the evolva gears (fm540/541) or only the 1st gear evolva pinion and 2nd gear ig113 on the original bell. I use the 16/20 or 17/21 with a lrp zr.30x and mielke efra 2041 turbo pipe to tame down the low end and get more top end in my Inferno GT2 Type-R EVO . What is your custom project? In which chassis you want to use the gt2-trans?
One tooth difference is no problem. The 17/21 combo is a tight fit, also you have to modify the tank post a little bit to fit the pinions (if you using them on Inferno GT2).
cerberoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #1582
Tech Regular
 
timjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberoz View Post
The Pinions for original clutch bell are available in 13-15T (ig112) and 16-21T (ig113), also the 2nd gear pinions are not threaded on this type of clutchbell.
You can also use the fw05 clutch bell (vs058) and the evolva gears (fm540/541) or only the 1st gear evolva pinion and 2nd gear ig113 on the original bell. I use the 16/20 or 17/21 with a lrp zr.30x and mielke efra 2041 turbo pipe to tame down the low end and get more top end in my Inferno GT2 Type-R EVO . What is your custom project? In which chassis you want to use the gt2-trans?
One tooth difference is no problem. The 17/21 combo is a tight fit, also you have to modify the tank post a little bit to fit the pinions (if you using them on Inferno GT2).
Great information, thank you!
It sounds like 17/21 may work for me.
My project is not an Inferno. It's not even two-stroke.
Here is a video of my project if you are interested:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
timjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:04 AM   #1583
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjs View Post
Great information, thank you!
It sounds like 17/21 may work for me.
My project is not an Inferno. It's not even two-stroke.
Here is a video of my project if you are interested:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Nice Buggy!
I am glad to help you out. If you want to use the vs058 clutchbell, you will also need a 8x12x3.5mm bearing, 8x12x4mm will also work with a little shimming. Are you using the stock 15/18 pinions in the video? What kind of engine is that?
cerberoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:07 AM   #1584
Tech Regular
 
timjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberoz View Post
Nice Buggy!
I am glad to help you out. If you want to use the vs058 clutchbell, you will also need a 8x12x3.5mm bearing, 8x12x4mm will also work with a little shimming. Are you using the stock 15/18 pinions in the video? What kind of engine is that?
Thanks, yeah it's running 15/18. 30mph top speed according to gps, and I'd like 35mph which the 21t 2nd gear will give me.
The engine is an O.S. Fs62-v airplane engine. Not a big powerhouse compared to the 2 strokes we're all used to, but it's definitely an interesting build!
timjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #1585
Tech Fanatic
 
UrabusDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberoz View Post
The Pinions for original clutch bell are available in 13-15T (ig112) and 16-21T (ig113), also the 2nd gear pinions are not threaded on this type of clutchbell.
You can also use the fw05 clutch bell (vs058) and the evolva gears (fm540/541) or only the 1st gear evolva pinion and 2nd gear ig113 on the original bell. I use the 16/20 or 17/21 with a lrp zr.30x and mielke efra 2041 turbo pipe to tame down the low end and get more top end in my Inferno GT2 Type-R EVO . What is your custom project? In which chassis you want to use the gt2-trans?
One tooth difference is no problem. The 17/21 combo is a tight fit, also you have to modify the tank post a little bit to fit the pinions (if you using them on Inferno GT2).
I believe this is not fully correct. Yes, the Evolva gears work but the teeth are not the same. I'm in the same situation myself, as I'm using the IGW 008 2-speed in a custom GT project. Evolva gears work but the gear mesh is much better with the Inferno GT gears as the teeth are shaped for the IGW008 transmission. I though they were the same but when you compare the two, they clearly aren't. I also went through a few plastic gears (very rarely, but it happened) but when I switched to the original GT clutch bell gears I haven't stripped a gear since. Kyosho should really make a IG112 16T first gear.

I've been told Mugen or Xray 1st gears work but I haven't been able to try them. Anyway I'm covered with 15/18 and 15/19 on the tracks I visit.
__________________
Alpha Plus - alpha-rc.com
JQRacing - eu.jqracing.com
Blue Bird - www.blue-bird-model.com
Boca Bearings - www.bocabearings.com
UrabusDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #1586
Tech Regular
 
timjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
I believe this is not fully correct. Yes, the Evolva gears work but the teeth are not the same. I'm in the same situation myself, as I'm using the IGW 008 2-speed in a custom GT project. Evolva gears work but the gear mesh is much better with the Inferno GT gears as the teeth are shaped for the IGW008 transmission. I though they were the same but when you compare the two, they clearly aren't. I also went through a few plastic gears (very rarely, but it happened) but when I switched to the original GT clutch bell gears I haven't stripped a gear since. Kyosho should really make a IG112 16T first gear.

I've been told Mugen or Xray 1st gears work but I haven't been able to try them. Anyway I'm covered with 15/18 and 15/19 on the tracks I visit.
Good info. I'm hesitant to try the Evolva first gear because the tooth profile definitely doesn't look like your normal 1m teeth. I really want 17/21 pinions though. I wonder if anybody can elaborate on the Mugen or Xray gears??
timjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:03 PM   #1587
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjs View Post
Good info. I'm hesitant to try the Evolva first gear because the tooth profile definitely doesn't look like your normal 1m teeth. I really want 17/21 pinions though. I wonder if anybody can elaborate on the Mugen or Xray gears??
Yep, the evolva and gt pinions are not exactly the same, but they work. I have two vs058 clutchbells with 16/20 and 17/21 mounted pinions. Using the 16/20 on the igw008 2-speed with little to none backlash for over 2 years now without any damage to the spur gear. Gearing options are fine, i can choose from igw008(43/46) with stock 15/18, 16/20, 17/21 and the old style transmission with 40/46-spur gears and 15/21 pinions giving you a fdr of 6,3:1 and massive top end.
If i remember correct, there are also the colorful anodized HPI Nitro 3 pinions (modul 1) that could fit.
cerberoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:05 AM   #1588
Tech Regular
 
timjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberoz View Post
Yep, the evolva and gt pinions are not exactly the same, but they work. I have two vs058 clutchbells with 16/20 and 17/21 mounted pinions. Using the 16/20 on the igw008 2-speed with little to none backlash for over 2 years now without any damage to the spur gear. Gearing options are fine, i can choose from igw008(43/46) with stock 15/18, 16/20, 17/21 and the old style transmission with 40/46-spur gears and 15/21 pinions giving you a fdr of 6,3:1 and massive top end.
If i remember correct, there are also the colorful anodized HPI Nitro 3 pinions (modul 1) that could fit.
Thanks again, man.

Just to clarify, if you do not mind.

This evolva 17t:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-1st-gear-17t-kyofm540-17/p27402?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyszSBRDJARIsAHAqQ4qPxFrrLaxte 7eQHYdpGkG0rLslZvk-5M2pyJTCe7mj55_cbq7pZjsaAlh-EALw_wcB

And this ig113 21t:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-2nd-gear-21t-kyoig113-21/p29010

Will fit the stock ig111 bell and mesh well enough with the 46/43 transmission regardless of the different tooth profile on the first gear pinion, and the fact that the pinions are a 4 tooth spread instead of a 3 tooth spread?

Sorry that I'm asking to have this information fed to me, I just don't want to have to order things twice.
timjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #1589
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 33
Default

One tooth spread is ok, but i didn't tried the evolva and gt pinions mixed on the original bell, so no experience. However, i can recommend you getting the vs058 fully threaded clutch-bell and the evolva 1st and 2nd gear with some shims. Dont get me wrong, it could work even with the HPI pinions. I am in the process of rebuilding/tuning my gt2 soon, so i disassembled it to maintain and used some parts of it for my electric gt2. Here is a photo of the engine and the clutch bell using 16/20 evolva gears with the vs058 bell.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-img_20180109_000332.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-img_20180109_000616.jpg  
cerberoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #1590
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,970
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

There is nice ball end / ball cup tool now available for the Inferno at Speedzombi.com.

( two different sizes are shown, the larger red one is for the Inferno, the other is for 1/10 scale... )
__________________
AWESOMATIX -- ORCA -- GRAVITY R/C -- SEATTLE R/C RACERS
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 04:11 AM
Racing in Chaplin CT this weekend!!! AndrewNicholas Racing Forum 476 09-10-2009 07:41 PM
Forgass March 7th and 8th, 2009 - Kissimmee KRaceway R*R*R*Pinard Florida Racing 189 03-16-2009 02:55 PM


Tags
igt, inferno gt2, kyosho


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net