R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   new nitro tc from ae (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/630064-new-nitro-tc-ae.html)

vito 05-20-2012 08:27 AM

new nitro tc from ae

is there a new one in the works the nitro tc 3 is old. need a new one:)

JLock 05-20-2012 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by vito (Post 10755558)
is there a new one in the works the nitro tc 3 is old. need a new one:)

Associated has no plans on updating the nitro TC3 thus far. They are in full offroad development mode because that is where they make the bulk of their monies/revenue. You might want to check out somebody like Xray, Mugen, Kyosho, Serpent, Capricorn, etc for a replacement to your nitro TC3.

RogerDee 05-20-2012 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by JLock (Post 10756189)
Associated has no plans on updating the nitro TC3 thus far. They are in full offroad development mode because that is where they make the bulk of their monies/revenue. You might want to check out somebody like Xray, Mugen, Kyosho, Serpent, Capricorn, etc for a replacement to your nitro TC3.

Last time I looked Kyosho had a nice sedan about 3-4 yr ago, are they still a top 5 sedan? I've been away from sedans for about 10 years.

wingracer 05-20-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by RogerDee (Post 10756482)
Last time I looked Kyosho had a nice sedan about 3-4 yr ago, are they still a top 5 sedan? I've been away from sedans for about 10 years.

I would say yes, it's 5th best. Well, maybe 6th if the new Serpent is better than the old. :D

YR4Dude 05-20-2012 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 10756993)
I would say yes, it's 5th best. Well, maybe 6th if the new Serpent is better than the old. :D

Its sixth already regardless of the new Serpent. You forgot Shepherd.:D

valk 05-20-2012 07:07 PM

I was pretty resistant to get an xray from my tc3 just due to the cost of parts vs associated. I hear serpent parts are pretty good. strong and not too expensive.. though having owned an xray for a little while now.. yea, i do kinda feel silly resisting it. its a dream to drive and work on. box stock setup works 10x better than the very best i could manage with the ntc3. much easier to service in almost every way and seems to be tough enough for a noob like me.

id would be a different story if i didnt get a butt ton of spare parts with my xray.. that would have been a couple hundred bucks just by itself. buying used seems to be the way to be. just replace any bearings and wear components as needed.. which doesnt appear to be too often.

wingracer 05-21-2012 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by YR4Dude (Post 10757382)
Its sixth already regardless of the new Serpent. You forgot Shepherd.:D

No I didn't. I have the Shepherd a close 4th. :D

bertrandsv87 05-21-2012 03:09 PM

Ntc3 rocks baby !!!!! With your own improvements of course!!! Anybody use thin double edge stick tape in their AE clutches ???? That combined with a powerful .12 motor will smash any other car.... AE doesn't need to come out with a new nitro tc, just upgrades....

R3VoLuTiOn 05-21-2012 06:21 PM

I used to think that until my .12s smashed the ntc3 gears. Weakest part of the car right there. I put more into it than my nt1 and got less than 1/2 te performance.

Time to retire ntc3s unless if you're just on a Sunday drive

bertrandsv87 05-21-2012 06:41 PM

Gear smashing is usually caused by something coming loose, or the pinions being too sharp....

YR4Dude 05-21-2012 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 (Post 10761253)
Ntc3 rocks baby !!!!! With your own improvements of course!!! Anybody use thin double edge stick tape in their AE clutches ???? That combined with a powerful .12 motor will smash any other car.... AE doesn't need to come out with a new nitro tc, just upgrades....

There is or was an upgrade. Kyosho FW-05RR:lol:
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=100964

bertrandsv87 05-21-2012 07:28 PM

Not a bad design , but not an upgrade to the ntc3 ! People stopped running the ntc3, and usually that's what makes companies slow their upgrade programs.... It's up to the racers now to find solutions, and nobody wants to do that. Here is one solution to front chatter/diff (front and rear) issues: use losi LCD(#3344) drives in the front end... No grinding necessary !!!

valk 05-21-2012 08:00 PM

was always curious why they never moved the buggy driveline model to onroad.. would be curious how that kyosho performs.

YR4Dude 05-21-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 (Post 10762465)
Not a bad design , but not an upgrade to the ntc3 ! People stopped running the ntc3, and usually that's what makes companies slow their upgrade programs.... It's up to the racers now to find solutions, and nobody wants to do that. Here is one solution to front chatter/diff (front and rear) issues: use losi LCD(#3344) drives in the front end... No grinding necessary !!!

Seriously, if AE wants to compete in 1/10 nitro, they would ditch the NTC3. Look at what they did in electric? Did you ever think AE would go belt drive and metric for its hardware? But they did. If they did decide to come out with a new car it would look very similar to a Mugen or XRay. It would also have a $400 price tag for a street price. Of course thats not gonna happen because they don't see a market for it,.......yet.

jneg 05-22-2012 11:52 AM

Well before AE would come out with a 1/10 sedan they would come out with a 1/8 GT car. They already have the parts from the buggy/Truggy. They (Thunder Tiger) already has a two speed transmision. So all that's needed is there for them to make one. I already did mine with a SC8 and it rocks. I still need to work on the durability of the two speed but everything else does really well.