R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
Well before AE would come out with a 1/10 sedan they would come out with a 1/8 GT car. They already have the parts from the buggy/Truggy. They (Thunder Tiger) already has a two speed transmision. So all that's needed is there for them to make one. I already did mine with a SC8 and it rocks. I still need to work on the durability of the two speed but everything else does really well.
That may be so because there's more interest in 1/8GT than there is in 1/10 nitro TC. However, would they come out for the electric first or the nitro first? That all depends on which is more popular. So far in SoCal, its the electrics that have dominated the field for 1/8GT. That may be different for the rest of the country.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
That may be so because there's more interest in 1/8GT than there is in 1/10 nitro TC. However, would they come out for the electric first or the nitro first? That all depends on which is more popular. So far in SoCal, its the electrics that have dominated the field for 1/8GT. That may be different for the rest of the country.
Since both are basically the same vehicle that won't be a problem.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the goal is selling new product, then they will do exactly what they did in electric and going to belt drive, but if the goal is trying to stay competitive, then the ntc3 can be redesigned around it's unique shaft layout.... Imagine a nitro Awesomatix car, and you can see how far in design it can go... The electric Awesomatix is very competitive, and so will be the same design in the nitro world... Now imagine a nitro Transversal Awesomatix type design with a nitro .12 motor laying down instead of standing up ! Of course the head shape would have to change, but the CG would the lowest possible and can lead to a much faster corner speed.... It's definitely possible....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
Suspended

AE won't venture down the Awesomatix transversal path though ! So that's why finding your own solution to the current ntc3 is the only way to stay competitive......
Old 05-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
AE won't venture down the Awesomatix transversal path though ! So that's why finding your own solution to the current ntc3 is the only way to stay competitive......
You just replied yourself? Are you altogether one person?

BTW, the goal is always about selling new product.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
Suspended

Smile

You mean that's their goal ! It doesn't mean it's gonna be a better product ! It will be the ntc3 for me, and no other car ! We all know companies are in the game for their bottomline , not anything else.... I am only interested in the fun through competition aspect of the game, not their bottomline.... The ntc3 can still improve and I'd rather do my own upgrades than fall for the next best thing... Others seem to want to the next best thing to get sponsored, but I don't want sponsorship that destroys my fun.... Money and fame is Not the reason why I race !!!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
You mean that's their goal ! It doesn't mean it's gonna be a better product ! It will be the ntc3 for me, and no other car ! We all know companies are in the game for their bottomline , not anything else.... I am only interested in the fun through competition aspect of the game, not their bottomline.... The ntc3 can still improve and I'd rather do my own upgrades than fall for the next best thing... Others seem to want to the next best thing to get sponsored, but I don't want sponsorship that destroys my fun.... Money and fame is Not the reason why I race !!!
bertrandsv87: do you race or are you just playing?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

strongly doubt you could get the awsomatix transverse layout to work with a nitro motor and transmission. would be sticking out sooo far the car would rollover in the corners. im sure they could make improvments though.
gear difs front/rear, a swaybar system thats actual adjustable.. no idea how i was supposed to untweak the ntc3 blade.. after setting up my xray, just seems such a simple thing to be there.

the reason i mentioned buggy style driveline though, some buggies ive seen put the motor in the middle but offset the transmission to one side, and use dogbones to the front/rear. might be tricky to mount everything where it needs to be but its possible.

im not sure why ae didnt come up with a smarter fuel cell though. if it were me, i would have molded it with a dougnut down the middle to allow the driveshaft to stay in the middle, but the fuel to be in the middle too.

still. no matter what i did, the car would always turn more sharply to the right than the left.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #24
Suspended

Yes I race, and I have a few trophies and plaques from fbf, 360v2 in NY !!! Valk, I see your point, but as far as steering is concerned I would suggest trimming the arm mounts down to lower the roll center, raising the shock towers by shimming to further lower the roll center, and running softer shore tires on the right side of the car.... AE don't have thinner arm mounts, so grinding is necessary ! Most ntc3 racers run their cars stock, and that's why it does not perform......
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

As an ex-NTC3 owner and then RRR > MTX4 > NT1 > 733 > MTX5 > NT1 again, I would say... ditch NTC3 and go for other newer design platform if you struggling keepup the pace in racing.

If you found NTC3 still competitive in your local race, then most likely it's others' problem, not your NTC3 is good... ;pppp
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Face it, the NTC3 is outdated and not easy to support the older its get.
I think the budget NT1R is even capable to outrun the NTC3.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #27
Suspended

Smile

It's all up to you to make it work. If you couldn't, don't try to convince others it's impossible! Many racers go from car to car, and forget that they need to improve their skills, and stop blaming the car!!!! Face it guys, the ntc3 still has life left in it !
Old 05-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes I race, and I have a few trophies and plaques from fbf, 360v2 in NY !!! Valk, I see your point, but as far as steering is concerned I would suggest trimming the arm mounts down to lower the roll center, raising the shock towers by shimming to further lower the roll center, and running softer shore tires on the right side of the car.... AE don't have thinner arm mounts, so grinding is necessary ! Most ntc3 racers run their cars stock, and that's why it does not perform......
No worries, respect you for thinking outside the square and giving it a go. I hate being a sheep, but sometimes you just have to see the light.

Andrew
Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
It's all up to you to make it work. If you couldn't, don't try to convince others it's impossible! Many racers go from car to car, and forget that they need to improve their skills, and stop blaming the car!!!! Face it guys, the ntc3 still has life left in it !
drive an NT1 or 733/747 that is dialed, then say that again

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
Well before AE would come out with a 1/10 sedan they would come out with a 1/8 GT car. They already have the parts from the buggy/Truggy. They (Thunder Tiger) already has a two speed transmision. So all that's needed is there for them to make one. I already did mine with a SC8 and it rocks. I still need to work on the durability of the two speed but everything else does really well.
Would love to see that.., as I already have an SC8 and RC8.2.. But two DM-1's..
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote