R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Dear Rummy Koala!

You and Richard are special for doing what you did on the Saturday of the nats. Please allow Luke to finish your C02 build, we will donate any of the missing parts. I will put a freshly run-in GRP with a smooth power-band, set it up so it's easy to drive, put some free tyres and free fuel in it and only then...

You can sit sit under a processed tree called the "England Park Drivers Stand" and watching others "eat the grass" on our infield and so we can put a huge smile on the wonderful wonderful Abby!!

Bring it to the track tonight... we'll stop by, not racing for a while as Luke is headed to the Worlds as a Capricorn RC Australia team assistant.

Italboy, still have a huge soft spot for the TM's but the Capricorn is in a different class of car, Nt1's are awesome, C02's are better!
Hi Blis

First of all, thank you for the website indication

what makes the C02 a better car than the NT1?
We have a Capricorn distributor here in Switzerland, but the car is very expensive and also the parts are not that cheap...

But the car looks great!

I have noticed that also the C02 has a lot of alu parts on it. Therefore it would make me a bit afraid like the H-K1 with losen screws...

kind regards
Rob
Italboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hi

Yes i do, actually last night i cracked open the seal on the box and looked at the manual (paper like Evo1 ))

I made a few changes to the Xray from standard setup and learnt alot from Harry (Blis) and it now handles very well with the Hyper 12 i had in it. I think going to a quicker motor and i would need to make further changes. But in the end the Hyper 12 has seen better days.

Andrew
Hi

Oh, okey...but they have put in some extra sheets for the EvoII I hope?

I know from our local driver (many times swiss champion and xray distributor) that he drives only with the violet springs in the rear and silver (kit) spring in the front. and it runs like on rails!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Why Capricorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italboy View Post
Hi Blis

We have a Capricorn distributor here in Switzerland, but the car is very expensive and also the parts are not that cheap...

But the car looks great!

I have noticed that also the C02 has a lot of alu parts on it. Therefore it would make me a bit afraid like the H-K1 with losen screws...

kind regards
Rob
  • The shocks are super light and now have titanium shafts.
  • The rolling mass is very light with small two speed shoe for excellent acceleration
  • The two speed shift is the SMOOTHEST I've seen/heard in any current car, keeping balance under power.
  • The diffs are small and the composite materials are durable unlike other cars with Aluminium or steel bevel gears.
  • The geometry out of the box is perfect for 62/60mm tyres and ideal starting point.
  • The materials are excellent, chassis plate is quality Aluminium, light and stiff.
  • The car with Ti screws is extremely light and the option BRASS parts distribute the weight perfectly and achieve a very low CG
  • World wide support is the best for everyone, not just the factory drivers.
  • Capricorn battery is LiFe 1650 to assist with sub-finals and trouble free use of 6V servo gear without regulator
  • KEVLAR pulleys and now diff housings etc, the car keeps improving all the time!
  • Most important, for a LIGHT Race Spec car, the durability is outstanding, we spend very little on parts.

Overall, nothing is aftermarket, it's all Capricorn supplied and lasts a long event without too much fear of failure. So you will be at the finish line if you keep on the black stuff!

It's a racer car, there may be a grub screw or other screw missing in the kit, but we all have them spare, once built and raced... WOW!

PS: THE MOST EXPENSIVE COST IN RC IS DNF!
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi Blis

But the car looks great!

kind regards
Rob
I would not say NT1 is a bad car, it is an excellent car, the Capricorn is just better for the reasons posted earlier.

I have not had screws loose in a Capricorn like I did in Shepherd, so the machining tolerance is very good.

After one year, I stripped onespur, (engine screws loose) and changed side belts and rear belt once. The only parts that failed were due to poor building on my behalf. The screws in the diff pulleys are very small and need care as do the short screws in the spur gears, need to be loctite and gentle. All this is not expensive.

The main fear you will have is with exposed radio gear, and shortening servo wires etc. We also use a TM front servo horn and swap the steering connection onto the other side.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Default Capricorn

Quote:
  • The shocks are super light and now have titanium shafts.
  • The rolling mass is very light with small two speed shoe for excellent acceleration
  • The two speed shift is the SMOOTHEST I've seen/heard in any current car, keeping balance under power.
  • The diffs are small and the composite materials are durable unlike other cars with Aluminium or steel bevel gears.
  • The geometry out of the box is perfect for 62/60mm tyres and ideal starting point.
  • The materials are excellent, chassis plate is quality Aluminium, light and stiff.
  • The car with Ti screws is extremely light and the option BRASS parts distribute the weight perfectly and achieve a very low CG
  • World wide support is the best for everyone, not just the factory drivers.
  • Capricorn battery is LiFe 1650 to assist with sub-finals and trouble free use of 6V servo gear without regulator
  • KEVLAR pulleys and now diff housings etc, the car keeps improving all the time!
  • Most important, for a LIGHT Race Spec car, the durability is outstanding, we spend very little on parts.

Overall, nothing is aftermarket, it's all Capricorn supplied and lasts a long event without too much fear of failure. So you will be at the finish line if you keep on the black stuff!

It's a racer car, there may be a grub screw or other screw missing in the kit, but we all have them spare, once built and raced... WOW!

PS: THE MOST EXPENSIVE COST IN RC IS DNF!
Hi blis

Thank you very much for your detail report!
I know that is a weapon of a car.

But Blis, sorry, i don't know what DNF means..

Which shop could you advise for Capricorn?

Best regards
Rob
Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi blis

Thank you very much for your detail report!
I know that is a weapon of a car.

But Blis, sorry, i don't know what DNF means..

Which shop could you advise for Capricorn?

Best regards
Rob
DNF == Do not Finish.

I have a soft spot for Switzerland, my sons have god parents there, I enjoyed visiting and I work with Adi from Zurich, so either buy direct from capricornrc.com or talk to your dealer for a good price on a complete kit with Ti screw, Brass weights etc.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Quote:
DNF == Do not Finish.

I have a soft spot for Switzerland, my sons have god parents there, I enjoyed visiting and I work with Adi from Zurich, so either buy direct from capricornrc.com or talk to your dealer for a good price on a complete kit with Ti screw, Brass weights etc.
Where did you work in Switzerland? Are their parents near Zurich? I leave near Zurich, about 30km.

I'm going to ask our local distributor for a special offer.

Regards
Rob
Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Where did you work in Switzerland? Are their parents near Zurich? I leave near Zurich, about 30km.

I'm going to ask our local distributor for a special offer.

Regards
Rob
Sorry Rob,

It is my IT manager Adi, that is from near Zurich. My friends lived near Meiringen in the Alps, so beautiful!!

I hope your Capricorn RC distributor helped as ou do need the brass engine mounts and battery plate as well.

you should like this Video from A-Mainhobbies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QJ1KOk__o&feature=plcp
Old 10-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Quote:
Sorry Rob,

It is my IT manager Adi, that is from near Zurich. My friends lived near Meiringen in the Alps, so beautiful!!

I hope your Capricorn RC distributor helped as ou do need the brass engine mounts and battery plate as well.

you should like this Video from A-Mainhobbies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QJ1KOk__o&feature=plcp
Hey
Yes Meiringen is a beautiful location!

I met the swiss distributor last monday, so.. It seems that I will run the LAB C02 for next season :-)
Which no. does the brass engine mount and the battery plate have?

Thanks and best regards
Rob

Ps: nice video! Thats in southern of Switzerland called Ticino ;-)