R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #151
Tech Fanatic

Here are Some pics on da podium.
Attached Thumbnails
Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1878.jpg   Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1880.jpg   Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1881.jpg   Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1882.jpg  
Old 06-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Here are some more, Thanks to Eric Schutt for the coverage and pics from the race!
Attached Thumbnails
Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1883.jpg   Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1884.jpg   Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1885_2.jpg   Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1886.jpg   Byron Fuels World Challenge-dscn1887.jpg  

Old 06-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #153
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Bee View Post
Thanks Rino. It was allot of work but at least Paolo had awesome results in all three classes for Serpent. I hope you can make the Novarossi Challenge in August at Blue Diamond, DE. Good luck with the new ride. Great to see you and Junior again.

Paulie
You know me Paulie, I'll be there, I dont have the dates yet for that race hopefully is not the same dates as the race in Ecuador, you should come with us to that one too. Dorian It was nice meeting you, and after a year I think that car deserved at least new body mounts lol...
Bodies by: www.era1FXcustoms.com
rinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Made it back to Dallas safely yesterday. Took 13 hours to get back home from Joliet. The road got long a few times and Five-O was everywhere along the route back.

I had a blast at my first ever Byron's Challenge race. Got my butt handed to me on 200mm TC (like I thought) but it was a learning experience. Third place in the C-main wasn't too bad depending that I have not race 200mm TC in over 2 years (yea, great time to come out of TC retirement). The TC crowd is way faster than they were when I last ran mine. I will have to work on stepping up my game to hopefully be more competitive in the future.

Not too bad of a showing I had in GT. Need to tighten up my game more there to qualify for the A-main next time instead of bumping up to it. The GT competition was pretty stiff and you had to earn your spot because nobody was giving you anything.

I would like to thank Ron/Byron's for sponsoring a great race as well as Scott for providing an excellent facility to host the race. A special thanks to Mike Lyday, Mike Nelson, and Mark B for all their hospitality and made all of us feel like we were at home racing.

It was nice to see some familiar faces (some in which I haven't seen in a while) and put some faces to some names. Nice meeting you Solara and having some good conversation later in the weekend. It was great meeting Gonzo, Jose, and several others I bumped into over the race weekend. But, I have to give a special thanks/shout out to my Memphis brother Sid Rhodes. He sacrificed a lot of his free time to be my pit man for most of my GT runs and was great in pitting me in my mains. Without him, I would not have finished as well as I did in GT.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.

Last edited by JLock; 06-26-2012 at 10:44 AM.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats on a great event and a strong GT8 showing. I must get out there for one of these races.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #156
Tech Master

I like to thank Leisure Hours for a great race and will be back next year.

I would like to thank Mike Strack and Jason Conelly for all there help, Sid Rhodes, Rinl Lino and D.J. Apolaro from KOSMIC fuel for getting my fuel to the race.

finally had a very fast Touring car in A & B main, wish I had not lost 2nd gear caused in a crash in the A main, could of would of should of been different, LMAO..

Thanks for the memories. AWESOME PLACE WITH SOME GREAT PEOPLE.

Billy

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM

FOR SERIOUS ON-ROAD RACERS AND PRODUCTS..
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #157
Tech Master

Congratz to ALL the winners and podium finisheers in the mains, well deserved.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #158
Tech Addict

This was my first experience at Joliet and I will def be attending this race next year! world class facility, great racing, friendly people and indoor Air conditioned pits!!! thanks for everyone who Helped me out at this race! I blew two engines this weekend but Thanks to my friends from NY (Diatta and Craig) i was able to make the Cmain for a strong race and bump to the B finishing 3rd in T/C. Im not sure how 2nd place ran a 6 second lap to beat me? But i dunno if i had enough energy for another Hour on the Driver stand!!! Ok i prolly would have found some layin around... See you all Again Next Year!!!
automagic302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #159
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB View Post
Does anybody have the mains information with drivers and their car/engine/fuel? I want to get something in the next issue of Velocity RC Magazine..more than just the results.
I finished 1st in B tc if this helps
Drew Q
XRay NT1
Novarossi all weekend but Picco In the mains
Powermaster Fuel
automagic302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #160
Tech Adept

Mike,
Any chance they will post the results of the mains online with the lap times. I know my top 20 results but I just wanted to look over the lap to lap times. I look forward to running with you again next year. Hopefully we will be bring more guys with us from Texas next year. A race to keep in mind is the Gulf Coast Grand Prix in Nov. in Houston at Gulf Coast Raceway.
Chad
WWW.IGTHOBBIES.COM - Your #1 GT Source!!!

Serpent Cobra GT / OS Speed / Sweep Tires / KO Propo

Last edited by chaderick; 07-05-2012 at 06:43 AM.
chaderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #161
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where can I find official results and times?