Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dwurtz1
yeah cole the way you go through pipes.

Hell man, you mean the way MY car goes through pipes because another racer can't control HIS car. Hmm. I did the frozen water trick on the 2013, the dent is almost all the way out. Prob get it with another shot. Then time to work on the 086 and it's huge dent.

But the ERCM pipe is supposed to be basically bullet proof. So maybe it'd be worth it.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
So the buku is NOT LEGAL! ... Correct?
I want to make damn sure before I sell it
I hate to say this. But I agree with spooky. Allowing any kind of adjustable clutches will just open the door........give an inch, they'll take a mile.

Just easier to make it clean and easy. Non-adjustable clutches only. Much easier to tech and monitor.

Although that Buku clutch is calling my name......
Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
I hate to say this. But I agree with spooky. Allowing any kind of adjustable clutches will just open the door........give an inch, they'll take a mile.

Just easier to make it clean and easy. Non-adjustable clutches only. Much easier to tech and monitor.

Although that Buku clutch is calling my name......
IT is what it is...
I may just keep it... maybe next year it will be deemed legal.. or I can use it at the enduro...

HA... What about the pipes from extreme... if they are not already ROAR. will they be on the banned list as well?
We'll just have to wait and see I guess
Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

IT is what it is...
I may just keep it... maybe next year it will be deemed legal.. or I can use it at the enduro...

HA... What about the pipes from extreme... if they are not already ROAR. will they be on the banned list as well?
We'll just have to wait and see I guess
They are not quiet, or ROAR, IFMAR, EFRA legal hahaha. 1 car with that pipe is louder than a fleet of cars with legal pipes. The Ofna 086 is pretty loud, but it doesn't have anything on the ERCM pipe.

I say any tuned pipe.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Non-adjustable clutches means just that . No adjustment can be made on the clutch. If it can be adjusted , it's not legal.
I would agree, if we allow the screw adjustment on the spring for the shoes, then the Werks would be allowed. It is a 4 shoe clutch, vs 1 shoe for the Centax, but adjustment is similar.

So clutch is 2, 3 or 4 shoes, with a spring. You can change springs, change shoe material, cut shoes but no mechanical adjustment.

Spooky 1, Did I miss anything?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No, Mark, that's about it. This class would do well to keep things simple and on a cost controlled mindset. We have a couple of electric guys here that want to spank the nitro Gts with some electric conversions. I don't want to get into the electric rules right now , but I'm curious to see how they do.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spooky 1
No, Mark, that's about it. This class would do well to keep things simple and on a cost controlled mindset. We have a couple of electric guys here that want to spank the nitro Gts with some electric conversions. I don't want to get into the electric rules right now , but I'm curious to see how they do.
*cough* batteries *cough* are for *cough cough* flashlights.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

So lets here what diff fluids you guys are running in your GT8 cars. I've tried a few different set ups on my Team C GT8L, trying to find the sweet spot. Just wanting to see what people like.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Here is a video of the ERCM pipe in action.. It was sent to me to illustrate the noise... I think is is no diffent the the ones we are using now.... this pipe has a side stinger and not a stinger on the end... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waxEX...layer_embedded
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

So lets here what diff fluids you guys are running in your GT8 cars. I've tried a few different set ups on my Team C GT8L, trying to find the sweet spot. Just wanting to see what people like.
I am running the same diff lube that came in the car... literally
Old 05-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

thats why you suck love ya big guy
Old 05-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
thats why you suck love ya big guy
What's sad... I beat you a bunch of times last year... soooo who sucks more
Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Here is a video of the ERCM pipe in action.. It was sent to me to illustrate the noise... I think is is no diffent the the ones we are using now.... this pipe has a side stinger and not a stinger on the end... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waxEX...layer_embedded
Never really heard a video that did that pipe justice. I mean, there's several pipes out there that have a good bark to 'em, but the ERCM seriously puts em to shame. Robin says that to change your power band, just snag a couple different length headers to get the lump of the power band where ya want it. I'll prob get one to try once I get the spare scratch to try it out.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Haha red grease ftw????
Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Haha red grease ftw????
No lie... whatever was in it when it came out of the box... keep in mind traction and the track play a big part of what I put up front on my 1/10th scale... I always run a diff at TZ... But if I was at a track with insane grip (1/10 scale)...I would consider a solid axle...what are you running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.