GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to have to re-ask this but i think my post about the subject got lost in the previous page.

1. does anyone have any experience with those fioroni clutch system? in particular, the one with a propeller design

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=2127

2.would an INS box work as intended if its attached to a neck extension? im not sure if an ins box by itself would fit with the way the inferno GT2 is setup.

3. not sure if this has been mentioned but who's the GT8 representative for the ny-nj area?

Thanks again guys
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Sorry to have to re-ask this but i think my post about the subject got lost in the previous page.

1. does anyone have any experience with those fioroni clutch system? in particular, the one with a propeller design

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=2127

2.would an INS box work as intended if its attached to a neck extension? im not sure if an ins box by itself would fit with the way the inferno GT2 is setup.

3. not sure if this has been mentioned but who's the GT8 representative for the ny-nj area?

Thanks again guys
Never used the Fioroni clutch system. Heard good things about it though. And knowing Fioroni it's probably quality, but that price tag is hard for me to swallow! I've been running the VP Pro Aluminum 3 shoe with great wear and bite.

The INS box fits on a GT car just fine. No extension needed.

I don't believe somebody from that area has been nominated yet. So PM Clete and let him know who you want to represent GT8 in your area!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the quick reply Trickle!

Will pick up the fioroni clutch system today or tommorow. I thought the roll bar on the gt2 might be in the way of that INS box, good to know it will be ok.

I am not planning to be a rep for my area, just wanted to know who it was, but im sure RobB, leon, or tonyq would be great for that.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the quick reply Trickle!

Will pick up the fioroni clutch system today or tommorow. I thought the roll bar on the gt2 might be in the way of that INS box, good to know it will be ok.

I am not planning to be a rep for my area, just wanted to know who it was, but im sure RobB, leon, or tonyq would be great for that.
Oh oh got ya. It wont fit with the roll bar. I always remove that roll bar/handle. It just always got in my way. But with the roll bar installed you would have to use an extension of some sort. But the INS box should do it's job with or without an extension. You would maybe just have to fab up some sort of support system for it.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

I saw a mod a while back that turns the roll bar about 90 degrees towards the servo tray

similar to this

This should give plenty of room for the INS box.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

I saw a mod a while back that turns the roll bar about 90 degrees towards the servo tray

similar to this

This should give plenty of room for the INS box.

That should for sure work out then.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Oh oh got ya. It wont fit with the roll bar. I always remove that roll bar/handle. It just always got in my way. But with the roll bar installed you would have to use an extension of some sort. But the INS box should do it's job with or without an extension. You would maybe just have to fab up some sort of support system for it.
For the DM1 racers, who want a roll bar (I like the handel for picking it up ) all i had to do was to turn it 180 degree's so it leaned forward. That was with running the "Large" 1/8 onroad Novarossi INS Box.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
.......We have tried for years now to get Roar and Steve to incorporate this class without success. It's time to move ahead without them. If they see we are serious , maybe they will be. I think the INS box would be something to incorporate into these rules.

Suggestion - ROAR and Steve will be much more likely to get involved, if "getting serious" means coming up with a list of rules that are acceptable to almost everyone involved in GT racing, and perhaps a list of those rules that still need to be resolved.

ROAR has enough issues to deal with without having to sort out a class where too many people appear to be fighting over control. Creating a group to oversee this won't mean anything, unless there is overwhelming support for the group that's doing it; if anything, it will make it even more difficult to get accepted by ROAR, and perhaps eventually IFMAR.

.......and specifically, yes, the INS box would be a good idea. So would following most of the existing ROAR rules for nitro or electric whenever possible.

In my opinion, if you want to become part of ROAR, the rules you come up with need to fit into this philosophy:

ROAR .... creates and maintains rules for all popular classes of RC competition, which are created for fair, equal competition across a range of vehicle classes and skill levels.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikemyers
Suggestion - ROAR and Steve will be much more likely to get involved, if "getting serious" means coming up with a list of rules that are acceptable to almost everyone involved in GT racing, and perhaps a list of those rules that still need to be resolved.

ROAR has enough issues to deal with without having to sort out a class where too many people appear to be fighting over control. Creating a group to oversee this won't mean anything, unless there is overwhelming support for the group that's doing it; if anything, it will make it even more difficult to get accepted by ROAR, and perhaps eventually IFMAR.

.......and specifically, yes, the INS box would be a good idea. So would following most of the existing ROAR rules for nitro or electric whenever possible.

In my opinion, if you want to become part of ROAR, the rules you come up with need to fit into this philosophy:

ROAR .... creates and maintains rules for all popular classes of RC competition, which are created for fair, equal competition across a range of vehicle classes and skill levels.
I don't usually post on the forum I don't race any more (no tracks available in my area) but I do follow these GT treads as I loved the class when I ran it in Puerto Rico. If I remember correctly STEVEP (check some time in March or April of 2010 of the GT tread) mentioned that ROAR was working on a set of rules and this was posted http://www.roarracing.com/?p=645 and nothing happened with it. I am glad to see all these guys moving forward with a unified set of rules with or without any sanctioning organization.

Last edited by JUNI; 04-26-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: ?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That is the main purpose of this thread and the group they are putting together. To put a board together that can speak for there specific area. And to come up with a set of rules and hope that roar can eventually take control at a later time. They are working on rules now and getting input from other racers. I agree to mimic things that roar does as traction compounds go and in boxes.

I think this is the best opportunity to create a large uniformed group. However you will never make everyone happy. Not everyone even agrees with the current roar rules on all the classes.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
From the rules I've seen about flat chassis vs kick up. It seems that most local clubs just stated that if it came with chassis kick up, it had to retain it. So no flattening your chassis. Now the DM1, GTP, and Team C GT8 are flat chassis GT cars. Since we're trying to grow and expand this class, I don't feel we should say no to these cars. The DM1 has been in the GT class for a long time. Heck, the Cobra GT has kick up but not as much as the Kyosho IGT does. So. There should be no kick up rule, or else just the car must retain the kick up that it originally had.
OK.. Let me see if I even understand this.. some floks will flatten a chassis to take out the kick-up? ... like PRESS it out?
Hmmm... ok.. I will add kick up to a carpet car.. Like a mod car.. or I need to tweek the weight transfer... in fact... I thought about adding it to the DM... just to control a bit of the brake dive... AM I Nuts?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default INS Box....

I am ok with running one.. but do we realy need one? ... 1/8 open sure.. motor is exsposed and pretty loud... ours are under a body...and such a pain in the ass on a DM... no room...

On the other hand.. everyone bitch about how lound mine was last year... I am sure the Board is watching... Keep this up.... Good stuff.. never thought of it. and I really dont want to have one... bUUUUT... not up to me...
Shit... I know they will make that a rule...
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Our understanding is that ROAR has already had a set of suggested rules and has yet to engage in this class...... The board should have a bigger impact IMO so hopefully they will engage once we have a consensus?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
OK.. Let me see if I even understand this.. some floks will flatten a chassis to take out the kick-up? ... like PRESS it out?
Hmmm... ok.. I will add kick up to a carpet car.. Like a mod car.. or I need to tweek the weight transfer... in fact... I thought about adding it to the DM... just to control a bit of the brake dive... AM I Nuts?
Not anybody local here. But I have heard of people doing it. So idk. Was just a thought.

As far as the INS box. I'm not sure thrilled about the idea, but it is the way that pretty much every other class of on road is set up. So yeah. Guess it'd be best to start out the rules with INS boxes.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Right now I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I posted a new thread with the intent of finding out where the "problems" are, and so far there is far more agreement than disagreement.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...l#post10658172

If someone ignores the emotions, it's stating to sound like you guys pretty much want the same thing.

You don't really need a board, or a ROAR, or whatever.... all you need to do is calmly consider all the possibilities, and then get a consensus as to where to start. If you're thinking of ROAR, anything that people come up with will get a one-year trial before it's adopted for real, so just pick something that you ALL can live with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.