Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
if u guys need any additional graphics let me know, i created the flyer for the sweeps GT8 race last season

Ewww thats cool .. nice job!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
share your choice and I will get the vector files from Tony.. you will need those..
Cost.. you owe me a sticker!
This one. Should be able to do in paint on the car with vinyl cut letters. Maybe even a black border, white field, with black and orange lettering. Kind of like my cars!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GT8 Logo.pdf (54.9 KB, 177 views)
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
shut up jakcko!
Mub ay pu ya ol' coot !!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up Kosmic Fuel--GT RACE BLUE DIAMOND DELAWARE

Originally Posted by J Lee

A great GT Race at Delaware Apr/28-29

Hey GT racers, Kosmic Fuel is throwing a Free race at Blue Diamond in next weekend.
don't let the word "Free" fool you, there will be trophies for GT(from NYC GT Racers) and at least 30 min GT A-main race as well.

also another reason to be there is nationally known GT racers such as Paolo, Rino and Tony Q will be there along with DJ Apolaro for tech tips, seminars and just plain hang outs!

if you live in the East coast, dont miss this one out, this can be one of the biggest GT race ever in the U.S.

sorry for the thread hiking >>official thread for the race
Thought I would bump this so any & all of you GT8 RACERS in the NY NJ PA Delaware area might see this.

Gonna be alot of fun hope to see you there this weekend

Rules are Rubber Tire Open

Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Thought I would bump this so any & all of you GT8 RACERS in the NY NJ PA Delaware area might see this.

Gonna be alot of fun hope to see you there this weekend

Rules are Rubber Tire Open

1Speedy, I have passed this race and track onto another RC racer who is thinking about getting a GT8 car (maybe my spare ........) Will not have it in time for this event, but if he gets up to the race I told him to look you up.

He lives outside of DC, so a little drive, but he is used to that to run nitro 1/8 open.

Mark
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Mike, glad to have you in on this. I think perhaps the electric racers should discuss their own take on things. I have been to a number of big races that invited the electric GTs, but have yet to see one on the track. We are concentrating on the nitro end of this because that is what we all race. We don't want to exclude anyone, but electric needs to set their own rules.
I for have both and am watching closely but i am see a trend to elliminate the gtp & dm1 based chassis from the class because of flat chassis really?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
1Speedy, I have passed this race and track onto another RC racer who is thinking about getting a GT8 car (maybe my spare ........) Will not have it in time for this event, but if he gets up to the race I told him to look you up.

He lives outside of DC, so a little drive, but he is used to that to run nitro 1/8 open.

Mark
Mark be glad to help him out

When he is ready give him my #

Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Something to add for the board.

What about the INS BOX rule?

At this years ProSeries race they were required, based on testing they don't affect performance but do help with noise.
They are required on all 1/10 & 1/8 open cars, I think we should adopt this rule to make us uniform with the current Roar and IFMAR rules. Just a little extra to show the boys we want to be treated equally.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Mike, glad to have you in on this. I think perhaps the electric racers should discuss their own take on things. I have been to a number of big races that invited the electric GTs, but have yet to see one on the track. We are concentrating on the nitro end of this because that is what we all race. We don't want to exclude anyone, but electric needs to set their own rules.

Thanks, but I'm not sure how "in" on this I want to get. I think I'll pass. In my opinion, any group of racers at any club or track, or groups of clubs or tracks, can set up any rules that they want. It's a free country. And racers are free to follow them, or not. Anyone can set up a series of races, and select whatever rules they want.

On the other hand, ROAR is the national organization, for a good part of the world, and has a mission statement that it will try to be equally fair to everyone. If you guys could find a person somewhere that you all respect and trust, maybe you could have that person contact Steve Pond and discuss an official ROAR class.

My suggestion is this person could submit something to ROAR, to be used as provisional rules for one year, after which they would be adjusted as needed and made official. That's how ROAR has done it before, and ROAR would be sure to be equally fair to everyone involved. The simpler you make the rules to start with, the better.

In the meantime, I took the MidWestSeries rules from the MWS website, and mostly added the information for a GTE class. It's now posted in response #10 at:
http://www.sgrid.com/forum/showthrea...ull=1#post8120
Again, feel free to suggest any changes, additions, or deletions. The goal was to send it to the Toledo Club for possible use at this year's Great Lakes Challenge, and then to pass it on to ROAR for consideration for 2013.

It's simple, and easy to read/understand. It doesn't exclude very much.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Something to add for the board.

What about the INS BOX rule?

At this years ProSeries race they were required, based on testing they don't affect performance but do help with noise.
They are required on all 1/10 & 1/8 open cars, I think we should adopt this rule to make us uniform with the current Roar and IFMAR rules. Just a little extra to show the boys we want to be treated equally.
INS Box rule.....Yeah. Would show that this is a serious class, not a side show, that wants to be recognized on a world scale.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by azeroth
I for have both and am watching closely but i am see a trend to elliminate the gtp & dm1 based chassis from the class because of flat chassis really?
From the rules I've seen about flat chassis vs kick up. It seems that most local clubs just stated that if it came with chassis kick up, it had to retain it. So no flattening your chassis. Now the DM1, GTP, and Team C GT8 are flat chassis GT cars. Since we're trying to grow and expand this class, I don't feel we should say no to these cars. The DM1 has been in the GT class for a long time. Heck, the Cobra GT has kick up but not as much as the Kyosho IGT does. So. There should be no kick up rule, or else just the car must retain the kick up that it originally had.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
From the rules I've seen about flat chassis vs kick up. It seems that most local clubs just stated that if it came with chassis kick up, it had to retain it. So no flattening your chassis. Now the DM1, GTP, and Team C GT8 are flat chassis GT cars. Since we're trying to grow and expand this class, I don't feel we should say no to these cars. The DM1 has been in the GT class for a long time. Heck, the Cobra GT has kick up but not as much as the Kyosho IGT does. So. There should be no kick up rule, or else just the car must retain the kick up that it originally had.
original kickup as designed from manufacturer I can live with that but can everybody else?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by azeroth
original kickup as designed from manufacturer I can live with that but can everybody else?
Clete would just have to put that through to the board members and see what the racers would like to have for rules.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No reason to exclude any chassis or car makes with exception being the belt drive cars. The midwest rules are outdated and history at this point. We have tried for years now to get Roar and Steve to incorporate this class without success. It's time to move ahead without them. If they see we are serious , maybe they will be. I think the INS box would be something to incorporate into these rules.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

No reason to exclude any chassis or car makes with exception being the belt drive cars. The midwest rules are outdated and history at this point. We have tried for years now to get Roar and Steve to incorporate this class without success. It's time to move ahead without them. If they see we are serious , maybe they will be. I think the INS box would be something to incorporate into these rules.
Agree 100%!! I'm thinking that because these are for the most part buggy based on roads, why not get the rules for this class by using some of the rules for 1/8 buggy and some rules from 1/8 4wd nitro.

What about body cutting limits? I'm thinking cut on factory body lines, rear tail lights must be intact, drivers window can be cut out, up to 4" rear hole and at least a 3" front hole if not 4" as well.

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.