R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
We will be running a sportsman and expert class here in Utah. Skill and lap times will separate the two classes. We will all run open cars. This does away with all the debate over the cost of engines. I have won the open class here with a spec engine a number of times. The engine isn't going to make the difference. Leaving the engine to a simple .21-.28 size will take all the guess work out of things. Any other rules are as Cole stated , pretty well established everywhere. Tires are at the tracks option if they want to spec them.
I agree on that, motors as long as they are .21 to .28, Chasis minimum weight 3500 grams, drive shaft, 2 speed, GT bodies (stands for Grand Turism) a lola body is not GT in my opinion, Rubber Tires, tires should not go over the body, 150cc. tank as max. Classes should be determined as in offroad "Sportsman and Pro" seems to work pretty good for them. No sponsored driver is allowed in sportsman to keep rookies winning or people that dont practice that often and just show up for a race to have fun.
Bodies by: www.era1FXcustoms.com
rinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #47
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinolino View Post
I agree on that, motors as long as they are .21 to .28, Chasis minimum weight 3500 grams, drive shaft, 2 speed, GT bodies (stands for Grand Turism) a lola body is not GT in my opinion, Rubber Tires, tires should not go over the body, 150cc. tank as max. Classes should be determined as in offroad "Sportsman and Pro" seems to work pretty good for them. No sponsored driver is allowed in sportsman to keep rookies winning or people that dont practice that often and just show up for a race to have fun.
Exactly!

By the way, great racing against you in Houston! Had a lot of fun going back and forth with you until you had problems.
BIGCAT TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #48
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
OK ...
Should we grab the ideas from this forum and create a "Board of Directors" for
the GTNational Series Rules.... ???? This board would responable for the rules until ROAR steps in... when ROAR steps in, The Board would direct ROAR as to our goals as group... Thoughts... are we ready

We would:

Let your club/regions leaders know that we would like to do this...

1. I suggest that sponsors and vendors are not alowed to Vote nor be nominated..
a.This would keep the RACERS in control of the direction without any bias...
2. I also think that the board be made of of the guys who make efforts to travel...
Reasoning Example: I dont get a chance to travel as much as I like... and I personaly dont feel that I have enough grasp as to what is happening/needed as a national group.. other than unity.

We could shore up everthing, shake hands and come out racing!
What do you guys think...
YES YES YES.....great idea! Now how and who gets on the board.....let me know when you figure that out!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Quote:
I am fine carving these in stone for the Group if everyone agrees... but we have to agree...

EVENTS that are scheduled WOULD NOT be affected by these RULES if PRIOR CLASS RULES HAVE BEEN SET..
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #50
Tech Adept

Quote:
OK ...
the GTNational Series Rules.... ???? This board would responable for the rules until ROAR steps in... when ROAR steps in, The Board would direct ROAR as to our goals as group... Thoughts... are we ready

We would:

1. I suggest that sponsors and vendors are not alowed to Vote nor be nominated..
2. I also think that the board be made of of the guys who make efforts to travel...
Reasoning Example: I dont get a chance to travel as much as I like... and I personaly dont feel that I have enough grasp as to what is happening/needed as a national group.. other than unity.

Thats what Im talking about !!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #51
Tech Adept

Quote:
OK ...

We would:

I also don't mind representing the Texas GT racers.....of course I will be getting in put from all of our local Texas drivers. I will also be traveling to some out of town races. We have other local guys traveling as well.

Rhino - I really thing you guys could be the backbone of getting the word out at the events and I am the 1st one to nominate Rhino to help on the board. I don't think that there is any bi-est opinions from the desota guys!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #52
Tech Addict

Default GTNational Series Board of Racers

ok... let get this moving

BIGCAT TX - Texas... its own country
Rhino- Southeast Region
Palo ?... not sure if I spelled that right..Southeast Region
Gus(Spooky1) Mountain States West

Northeast?
West Coast?
Great Plains?
Who did I miss..
Please get the word out ... and away we go!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #53
Tech Adept

Quote:
ok... let get this moving

BIGCAT TX - Texas... its own country
Rhino- Southeast Region
Palo ?... not sure if I spelled that right..Southeast Region
Gus(Spooky1) Mountain States West

Northeast?
West Coast?
Great Plains?
Who did I miss..
Please get the word out ... and away we go!
I love the enthusiasm! Should the board speak out on the public forum or can we get a moderator to create a private forum for the board and take input from the public side? We don't need the waters to get too muddy if you know what I mean.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX View Post
I love the enthusiasm! Should the board speak out on the public forum or can we get a moderator to create a private forum for the board and take input from the public side? We don't need the waters to get too muddy if you know what I mean.
Um... yea good questions.. I am not a RCtech master... let me look into it..
Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #55
Tech Adept

I met some nice guys in Puerto Rico, I hope they are checking the forum and speak up to be included.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for getting this going Clete. I would be happy to represent the Mountain West area and would love to work with all the guys mentioned to make this happen. I promise I won't step on any tire toes. This is the best approach to this to date.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Quote:
I met some nice guys in Puerto Rico, I hope they are checking the forum and speak up to be included.
Rino... Could you please let them know they have a voice here! ...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Andy Liu... was sent in for texas as well!... Andy if your out there please join in the conversation
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Default Nominations

Folks,

Free free to PM me with Nominations.. i will post..
And dont forget to let the person you nominated know!
I will then create a poll and we can get this process under our belt and move forward.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

This is Awesome to see and read actual progression!!!

I love racing IGT most fun I have had in years and I see big things coming.

Since BIGCAT and I discuss IGT topics on a daily basis, I vote for him to be our Texas voice and do all the typing. As for traveling to races this is nothing new to me, hope to meet and make new friends at everyone I go to.

Let me know how I can help if needed.