R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #271
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
I concur, no adjustable clutches. And no adjustable diffs.
Spook....
Will the board alow the buku clutch? it is adjustable... but in a offroad configuration.... 3 shoe.. turn a set screw to make the spings tighter.... easy to do.

But.. if it comes appart.. game over..
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #272
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Here is the clutch I am speaking of.. http://www.bukupower.com/Clutch.aspx
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #273
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Here is the clutch I am speaking of.. http://www.bukupower.com/Clutch.aspx
Like I said on another thread...Buku all the way....it just works.
__________________
V-one-RR Evo,V-one-RRR (WC hopped-up),2007 Evolva,
Spada 09,MR-02,MR-03
Inferno GT2. Serpent Cobra GT
KF01 - F1, Serpent Viper 977WC, Serpent Natrix 748
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #274
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Here is the clutch I am speaking of.. http://www.bukupower.com/Clutch.aspx
I've been checking that clutch out. Pretty damn snazzy! But the price tag makes me quiver! However the adjustment would be nice.....but I think that would be a grey area part. Which I dunno if we wanna play in the grey area.

Maybe have the rules word it as no centax/slider type clutches.
Buggy type 2,3,4 shoe clutches only.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #275
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
I've been checking that clutch out. Pretty damn snazzy! But the price tag makes me quiver! However the adjustment would be nice.....but I think that would be a grey area part. Which I dunno if we wanna play in the grey area.

Maybe have the rules word it as no centax/slider type clutches.
Buggy type 2,3,4 shoe clutches only.
The Board will figure it out...
If they say no dice... well.. I can sell it to a offraod guy and go back to a JLR... that's what I ran last year...no Biggie..

Have you checked out the pipes... now that would make a huge difference in GT... if they work... a pipe that constantly changes as the RPM climbs...
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #276
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
The Board will figure it out...
If they say no dice... well.. I can sell it to a offraod guy and go back to a JLR... that's what I ran last year...no Biggie..

Have you checked out the pipes... now that would make a huge difference in GT... if they work... a pipe that constantly changes as the RPM climbs...
F'uh yes! I have been waiting for them to be in stock for ages! But doesn't seem like thats gonna happen.

I've actually been very, very, very tempted to pick up one of the Extreme RC Mods pipes. They are simply gorgeous, and sound so nasty!
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #277
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
F'uh yes! I have been waiting for them to be in stock for ages! But doesn't seem like thats gonna happen.

I've actually been very, very, very tempted to pick up one of the Extreme RC Mods pipes. They are simply gorgeous, and sound so nasty!
Ahh yes .. they look like a traditional 2 stroke pipe... I bet they sound evil...
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #278
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Ahh yes .. they look like a traditional 2 stroke pipe... I bet they sound evil...
Yes. Straight up sound sickening. A true gear heads pipe. Makes any engine sound nuts! Especially if you actually have a high revving 21, oh my!
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #279
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
Yes. Straight up sound sickening. A true gear heads pipe. Makes any engine sound nuts! Especially if you actually have a high revving 21, oh my!
Placing my order!!!
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #280
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lee View Post
Yes IMOH, we should keep the clutch rule simple, No centrax clutch. let all the improved clutch from offroad side help us tune our cars. changing stock clutch spring is PITA.
If we are allowing adjustable clutches, then this should be accepted as well.

http://www.werksracing.com/powerclutch.html
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #281
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
If we are allowing adjustable clutches, then this should be accepted as well.

http://www.werksracing.com/powerclutch.html
But is that deemed a centax clutch? .. or maybe I shoud ask... what is a Centax style Clutch...
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #282
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Placing my order!!!
I know huh! Other than you're $150 into the pipe, without a header!!
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #283
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: surprise, az
Posts: 136
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

yeah cole the way you go through pipes.
__________________
TA Sc10
TA T4.2
TA B44.2
and coming soon Tekno sct410
dwurtz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #284
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Non-adjustable clutches means just that . No adjustment can be made on the clutch. If it can be adjusted , it's not legal.
__________________
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #285
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Non-adjustable clutches means just that . No adjustment can be made on the clutch. If it can be adjusted , it's not legal.
So the buku is NOT LEGAL! ... Correct?
I want to make damn sure before I sell it
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net