Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by oskygt
Ranger,how far? all the way!
EXCELLENT.........
Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can find INS boxes at Serpent America, Absolute Hobbyz or other online sources
Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
You can find INS boxes at Serpent America, Absolute Hobbyz or other online sources
Gus... Check your email.... and PM. Email went out on Wednseday !!!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by miker2209
Jspeed = Oskygt
Miker you are very wrong, Oskygt is one of our fine racers here in PR. I have been racing with him for a real long time now in offroad and onroad. So if you don't know the person please try not to create havoc in the thread. Osky is a great friend so now you know better...

Now back to the topic, INS box in our cars can help in places where noise is a possible deterrent for racing. It does reduce intake noise, to us in PR it's not a big deal since our track is in an agricultural area where the houses are not that close. Plus in our complex there's a BMX track, a Motocross track, and onroad and off-road tracks, so I doubt that the on-road RC cars make more noise than the ATVs and MX bikes. However if the track was near housing then it could be the difference between racing or not. In off-road we can get more than 100 entries for a race.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Jneg.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, here's food for thought. I know that there's some people who still want to retain the $200 engine rule. Well, I was checking out the KE25 that comes in the Race Spec GT2. It's a $229 engine! Yet another reason why we should just rock the open engine rules.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ne-w-Pullstart
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

This is the one I have.... http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=1645

Fits the Rule we set for the GP race and is well under the $200 range... I ran it in the 3hr enduro last year.... Had H.I.S throw a rod in it for me .... Monty said it look really good for the amount of abuse it had..
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
This is the one I have.... http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=1645

Fits the Rule we set for the GP race and is well under the $200 range... I ran it in the 3hr enduro last year.... Had H.I.S throw a rod in it for me .... Monty said it look really good for the amount of abuse it had..
I wasn't meaning for Timezone GP. I was just meaning for the GT8 board members to see.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
I wasn't meaning for Timezone GP. I was just meaning for the GT8 board members to see.
Oh for sure... I think that rule is outdated...
The only thing that I would like to see is the the new guy coming is does not go out a buy some nitro snorting demon and cant drive it, or cant tune it correctly.. the locals all seamed to be within a few feet of each other.. so it was a lot of good grins... I really want the new guy to have that same expeirience...

In short.. if your a new guy.. this motor is a good purchase and will serve you well!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Oh for sure... I think that rule is outdated...
The only thing that I would like to see is the the new guy coming is does not go out a buy some nitro snorting demon and cant drive it, or cant tune it correctly.. the locals all seamed to be within a few feet of each other.. so it was a lot of good grins... I really want the new guy to have that same expeirience...

In short.. if your a new guy.. this motor is a good purchase and will serve you well!
Yes yes! We tell new guys that all day long. That they'll run faster laps and have more fun with a 3 port .21 over a high powered .28 or high revving 9 port .21. Plus they're always much easier to tune.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by azeroth
Ok seeing we are talking INS boxes Who has them that will work for 21-28 size engines and are they available here in the U.S. and who has them for sale?
just picked up a novarosi INS box for my lrp 30 at brooklyn hobbies.

give them a call
Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Yes yes! We tell new guys that all day long. That they'll run faster laps and have more fun with a 3 port .21 over a high powered .28 or high revving 9 port .21. Plus they're always much easier to tune.
Depending on what the rules are.. I am going to run a Houston built motor....I have seen his operation and the inside..of his motors...
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
Ok seeing we are talking INS boxes Who has them that will work for 21-28 size engines and are they available here in the U.S. and who has them for sale?
The ones that some used at the RC Pro Race were Max parts, but if you look on Serpent America, they have the same thing in black for $8 less. They are not as bulky as the Novarossi that I have from my 1/8 open cars, but will work. $17 + shipping, priced right and I'll be getting a few spare's.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

GT8 racing of toy cars is a hobby for me. It will remain a hobby till I leave this wonderful earth. Let's all keep it civil and promote the GT8 hobby.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

this ofna jp4 pipe is just too damn loud for me. iwas told to use a pipe with 2 chambers or more. does anyone have any experience with a novarosi 2015 pipe on a lrp 30? what would be the best pipe for it that's fairly quiet but does not rob the engine of too much power?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.