R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-04-2005, 05:30 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Que tal, qué coche estas corriendo tu ? ...

Lo que me muestras es un Team Magic EVO no ?. Que soporte de partes y piezas tiene ?, sabes que para nosotros en america del sur es un tema PRINCIPAL a la hora de decidir por un kit.

abrazos,

Patricio

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:50 AM   #17
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tabushi
Que tal, qué coche estas corriendo tu ? ...

Lo que me muestras es un Team Magic EVO no ?. Que soporte de partes y piezas tiene ?, sabes que para nosotros en america del sur es un tema PRINCIPAL a la hora de decidir por un kit.

abrazos,

Patricio
Hi Pato

I have two cars, a Mugen MTX-3 Prospec, and I just got the Mongoose G4 combo, and will be testing soon. Rd Logics's support is first class, and if you check their site, you'll see they have every part and optional available at very decent pricing.
The Mongoose is in fact a TM G4 Evo with some option parts on it, and the steering issue has been totally corrected and Dennis Richey is developing a more conventional option on that issue...more like Mugen's system, for tuning option. (check the Mongoose thread on this forum)
The engine is made by STS with Dennis's specs, and it is an engine capable of running at par with Italian mills, but at at an affordable price. (check the Richey racing engine thread)
I have been recently appointed Southamerican distributor for STS engines, and i can assure you these engines are fast and reliable, and I'm currently negotiating distribution in Chile, so you will have local support pretty soon.

Saludos
Alfonso
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Tabushi.....since you have to buy anything with a HEAVY shipping fee anyway, I think any car will be fine......personally, 710 will be your TOP choice except god knows when are they going to release any update or upgrade kits....but again, I would get Serpent.

Then, R40....yes, buy it from HK, it is $330 and they quoted me from shipping from HK to USA was $50...so $380, NOT the best price for any RC car, but comparing to the others, I don't see you can buy any TOP RANKED RC cars for anything less then $350.

Then Kyosho.....basicly, I don't see where else you can have enough parts for those cars beside ASIA....Tower does have the most Kyosho parts, but they do cost like your ARMS and LEGS.

I am still running my NTC3...cheap, fast, easy to fix and clean stuff, you can always get parts from Tower and ship international, why not...?
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:34 PM   #19
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Tabushi.....since you have to buy anything with a HEAVY shipping fee anyway, I think any car will be fine......personally, 710 will be your TOP choice except god knows when are they going to release any update or upgrade kits....but again, I would get Serpent.
On a side note Rookie, you have been lamenting about Serpent coming out with revisions and updates for the 710 kit... One year later and still nothing happens...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

Tabushi, I see on the other thread, you mentioned that you will be running RUBBER tires.

To steer you in a different direction, would it be better if you get a kit that uses front and rear externally adjustable BALL DIFFS? A oneway front that can be locked to a solid front axle?

Just my opinion.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #21
afm
Tech Master

Problem with 710 on rubber tires is that since it is designed box stock with overdrive split for foam tires, you'll never get it dialed for even rubber tire diameters front/rear...and i haven't seen any pulley kit for 710 to give equal overdrive front/rear. It's just a pain in the neck to set up a 710 on rubber tires.

AFM
Old 02-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Just got a look at the new Tamiya TG10 Mk.2. Looks real good and if quality is as good as their electric, could make a good competative car. Not too many optional parts yet but I am sure they will be coming soon. This one is cheaper than the Kyosho Fw-05 with very similar specs. Time to retire the rs4-3ss...
rs4lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Best factory ride

I've been racing electric sedan for about 1 1/2 years now. I understand about factoty support at the LHS, but with a new nitro what new rides might be on the way, I live in CT. so I think its Muegen Country, also looking the Serpent 710
dawgmeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Default BEST BUY

RD LOGICS MONGOOSE !!!!

VERY INTERESTING DESIGN !!!!!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:37 AM   #25
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
Problem with 710 on rubber tires is that since it is designed box stock with overdrive split for foam tires, you'll never get it dialed for even rubber tire diameters front/rear...and i haven't seen any pulley kit for 710 to give equal overdrive front/rear. It's just a pain in the neck to set up a 710 on rubber tires.
You're right about the split. About 1 mm difference. Using equal front and rear tires mean slight front overdrive. On a parking lot type of track with technical turns, it's very nice to have a little front overdrive.

Anyway, if the 710 is very difficult to set for rubber tires, why are people still using the 710 on and still winning on rubber tires?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:38 AM   #26
Tech Prophet

Default Re: BEST BUY

Quote:
Originally posted by JABRONI
RD LOGICS MONGOOSE !!!!

VERY INTERESTING DESIGN !!!!!
JABRONI, indeed... Has the steering problem been solved yet?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:59 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: BEST BUY

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
JABRONI, indeed... Has the steering problem been solved yet?

hey d,in Malaysia have parts support for that car ah?looks veli veli nice.and price is staggering!!!!
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 10:32 AM   #28
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You're right about the split. About 1 mm difference. Using equal front and rear tires mean slight front overdrive. On a parking lot type of track with technical turns, it's very nice to have a little front overdrive.

Anyway, if the 710 is very difficult to set for rubber tires, why are people still using the 710 on and still winning on rubber tires?
Because they haven't matched against a properely set Mugen or TMG4 or Mongoose or Kyosho...jajajajaja

AFM
Old 02-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

about those car you guys mention, I have drive 4 of them before
G4, R40(U.S version), 710 and MTX3. (real Car, not the Sim )

In my opinion, R40 is not that good on material. the plastic is just not strong enough to hadle crush, on crash will affect many part to have slopes.and the stock position for Rx is nightmare for wiring and the screws suck

G4 (my previous car)is a very, very good car . High performance, easy to set up. good cournering. the only drawback is hard to reach front diff and the spaces for servo is too small (this can be solve by using proper servo such as S9550).

710 (my current running car) is very high performance too. most parts of the car is easy to reach and enough space for wiring. however, tuning require a lot of time and patient, counering is good but not good enough for me (my skill sucks)

MTX-3, good courner, easy to tune, but drive chain is not as smooth as G4 or 710 , heavy, and MTX-4 is going to come out, why buy a car that will soon be discontinue

V-one RRR, I did not drive one yet, suppose to be good performance car, extremely good cournering. some part is easy to reach but not all. screws suck (Kyosho tradition ) should be easy to tune but some say the plastic is not as good compare to serpent. also the part supply is only good in Asia (WTF with GP)

My rating to these cars: good to bad
part quality 710, MTX-3, G4, RRR, R40
light weight G4, 710, RRR, MTX-3, R40
smooth drive train G4, 710, RRR, MTX-3, R40
easy to setup MTX-3, RRR, G4, R40, 710
Space for wiring710, MTX-3, G4, RRR, R40
Part avalibility(U.S): R40, MTX-3, G4, RRR, 710
Price(US): R40 (~250), G4(~280), 710(~360), RRR(~400), MTX-3
Pro spec(full option, regular version is discontinueing)
(400+)

hope that helps
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:24 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do you know for sure Car Breaker that there is a MTX-4 coming out? Everyone keeps throwing it out there but nothing has come of it as yet. That is unless you know something that we don't.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote