R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-31-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to nitroRCracer69
Default how to make ntc3 race ready?

my AE ntc3 + is still stock , and im currently still breaking it in . . once im finished breaking it in . . what is the best thing to do for this car to make me be able to do good in races? i know its already a fast car , and would probobly do well in stock form , so i probobly wont need much , an exhaust maybe? aftermarket tires/suspension?
nitroRCracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Heres some things that`ll help in racing-

1. Get the "fix".....this is a couple of bolts that run through the diff cases to stop the shock tower bolts from stripping out of the diff case if you hit something head-on.

2. Consider a side chassis brace to stop the pipe being forced into the fuel tank and shattering it if someone hits you side-on.

3. Go with the K-factory aluminium drive cup (especially the front one) to improve durability.

4. Ask drivers at the race track what the best tyres are for the track....this`ll save you some time and money experimenting.

Hope this helps a bit.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Evilpete

What engine do you run? pull start or non pullstart?
Evilpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to nitroRCracer69

thanks andy . . . pete im still using the stock engine so pull start
nitroRCracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
Tech Elite

go with what andy said and buy a new rear exhaust engine.if u got experience tuning an engine and are good at tuning,go with jp engine.if not,buy what racers at ur track run.hope this helps
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Evilpete

I myself have a pullstart side exhaust (OS Cv-RX, decent engine but a little lacking compared to some of the others out there), but I also use a starter box (easier to start/restart if you stall in a race). if you get a starter box, you might as well get a new engine/exahust system. I plan on down the road getting a OS .12 TR (easy to get started and tune, and a good performer) and an RD logics pipe (I thnk on their site the pipe goes for about $60)
Evilpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Evilpete
I myself have a pullstart side exhaust (OS Cv-RX, decent engine but a little lacking compared to some of the others out there), but I also use a starter box (easier to start/restart if you stall in a race). if you get a starter box, you might as well get a new engine/exahust system. I plan on down the road getting a OS .12 TR (easy to get started and tune, and a good performer) and an RD logics pipe (I thnk on their site the pipe goes for about $60)

yeah.starter box make everything much easier.i have the os max 12tr also,i am quite satisfied with it.planning to get the rdlogics pipe soon it will make the car so much better.and buy some roll bars.it will improve the handling.so,good luck improving ur car.and also,upgrade the radio when u can.my jaguar radio system is juck and i believe everyone who have ntc3 rtr will say that.better get a good radio as soon as u can.it will make the difference
Old 02-01-2005, 03:41 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

A good radio gives you the ability to really get the car running in a way thats comfortable for yourself.
Being able to set the end points, servo reversing, throttle/steering exponential and acceleration etc etc are all things that really let you customise the feel of your car.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:34 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
my jaguar radio system is juck and i believe everyone who have ntc3 rtr will say that.better get a good radio as soon as u can.it will make the difference
Yes I agree with u .Get a good radio and engine.I think u r ready to race
blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by blur
Yes I agree with u .Get a good radio and engine.I think u r ready to race

n dont forget,good tires power is nothing without control.most important tool:............................................. ...ur hand
Old 02-01-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
n dont forget,good tires power is nothing without control.most important tool:............................................. ...ur hand
you will be surprised what ntc3 + can do
blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #12
Tech Rookie

Default gearing my ntc3

i have a ntc3..on board i have a sirio evo2 3port...an AE two speed tranny....i was wondering if anybody could tell my the best possible set up as far as gears (spur gears, and pionion gears)for a short track..i also drag race my ntc3...the pipe that is on board is a dual chamber dynomite chrome pipe...im get ready to put on the new rd logic single chamber...what are you view on this pipe?
ntc3evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you have the two speed yet? Very important for racing. If you buy a rear exhaust engine make sure to get the new Team Associated pipe with it.
SCIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you should get threaded shocks. Thats a good upgrade!!
nitroracer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: gearing my ntc3

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3evo
i have a ntc3..on board i have a sirio evo2 3port...an AE two speed tranny....i was wondering if anybody could tell my the best possible set up as far as gears (spur gears, and pionion gears)for a short track..i also drag race my ntc3...the pipe that is on board is a dual chamber dynomite chrome pipe...im get ready to put on the new rd logic single chamber...what are you view on this pipe?
You may try 20/24 or 21/25 on 54/50 spurs, depending on the characteristics of the track you're running, make full use of the RPM you have on your engine. On the track I'm running which has very technical in-fields and one straight, 20/24 and 21/25 is sweet, but sometimes I prefer 20/26 with 54/48 spurs, as almost 95% of time we're running on 1st gear in the in-fields, when I'm on the straight I just enjoy the extra speed that the 48-26 combo gives...

I'm using the RDLogics one-piece turbo on my ntc3, love it! I dunno about the single chamber, or does RDLogics make a single chamber for the NTC3? As compared to the AE pipe, I found that the RDL pipe churns out more power from the engine, a broader power band and higher rev. It is "THE" pipe for the car, well...I would love to get my hands on the WERKS pipe tho...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote