R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   how to make ntc3 race ready? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/61848-how-make-ntc3-race-ready.html)

nitroRCracer69 01-31-2005 04:03 PM

how to make ntc3 race ready?

my AE ntc3 + is still stock , and im currently still breaking it in . . once im finished breaking it in . . what is the best thing to do for this car to make me be able to do good in races? i know its already a fast car , and would probobly do well in stock form , so i probobly wont need much , an exhaust maybe? aftermarket tires/suspension?

AndyT © 01-31-2005 06:02 PM

Heres some things that`ll help in racing-

1. Get the "fix".....this is a couple of bolts that run through the diff cases to stop the shock tower bolts from stripping out of the diff case if you hit something head-on.

2. Consider a side chassis brace to stop the pipe being forced into the fuel tank and shattering it if someone hits you side-on.

3. Go with the K-factory aluminium drive cup (especially the front one) to improve durability.

4. Ask drivers at the race track what the best tyres are for the track....this`ll save you some time and money experimenting.

Hope this helps a bit.
Cheers

Evilpete 01-31-2005 06:47 PM

What engine do you run? pull start or non pullstart?

nitroRCracer69 01-31-2005 07:01 PM

thanks andy . . . pete im still using the stock engine so pull start

ntc3freak 01-31-2005 07:22 PM

go with what andy said and buy a new rear exhaust engine.if u got experience tuning an engine and are good at tuning,go with jp engine.if not,buy what racers at ur track run.hope this helps:D

Evilpete 01-31-2005 07:42 PM

I myself have a pullstart side exhaust (OS Cv-RX, decent engine but a little lacking compared to some of the others out there), but I also use a starter box (easier to start/restart if you stall in a race). if you get a starter box, you might as well get a new engine/exahust system. I plan on down the road getting a OS .12 TR (easy to get started and tune, and a good performer) and an RD logics pipe (I thnk on their site the pipe goes for about $60)

ntc3freak 01-31-2005 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Evilpete
I myself have a pullstart side exhaust (OS Cv-RX, decent engine but a little lacking compared to some of the others out there), but I also use a starter box (easier to start/restart if you stall in a race). if you get a starter box, you might as well get a new engine/exahust system. I plan on down the road getting a OS .12 TR (easy to get started and tune, and a good performer) and an RD logics pipe (I thnk on their site the pipe goes for about $60)

yeah.starter box make everything much easier.i have the os max 12tr also,i am quite satisfied with it.planning to get the rdlogics pipe soon:sneaky: it will make the car so much better.and buy some roll bars.it will improve the handling.so,good luck improving ur car.and also,upgrade the radio when u can.my jaguar radio system is juck and i believe everyone who have ntc3 rtr will say that.better get a good radio as soon as u can.it will make the difference:D

AndyT © 02-01-2005 02:41 AM

A good radio gives you the ability to really get the car running in a way thats comfortable for yourself.
Being able to set the end points, servo reversing, throttle/steering exponential and acceleration etc etc are all things that really let you customise the feel of your car.
Cheers

blur 02-01-2005 06:34 AM

Originally posted by ntc3freak
my jaguar radio system is juck and i believe everyone who have ntc3 rtr will say that.better get a good radio as soon as u can.it will make the difference:D
Yes I agree with u :D .Get a good radio and engine.I think u r ready to race :)

ntc3freak 02-01-2005 07:46 AM

Originally posted by blur
Yes I agree with u :D .Get a good radio and engine.I think u r ready to race :)

n dont forget,good tires:D power is nothing without control.most important tool:............................................. ...ur hand:lol: :lol:

blur 02-01-2005 08:14 AM

Originally posted by ntc3freak
n dont forget,good tires:D power is nothing without control.most important tool:............................................. ...ur hand:lol: :lol:
you will be surprised what ntc3 + can do :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

ntc3evo 02-01-2005 09:36 AM

gearing my ntc3

i have a ntc3..on board i have a sirio evo2 3port...an AE two speed tranny....i was wondering if anybody could tell my the best possible set up as far as gears (spur gears, and pionion gears)for a short track..i also drag race my ntc3...the pipe that is on board is a dual chamber dynomite chrome pipe...im get ready to put on the new rd logic single chamber...what are you view on this pipe?

SCIDA 02-01-2005 01:06 PM

Do you have the two speed yet? Very important for racing. If you buy a rear exhaust engine make sure to get the new Team Associated pipe with it.

nitroracer20 02-01-2005 02:17 PM

you should get threaded shocks. Thats a good upgrade!!

tommi 02-01-2005 02:52 PM

Re: gearing my ntc3

Originally posted by ntc3evo
i have a ntc3..on board i have a sirio evo2 3port...an AE two speed tranny....i was wondering if anybody could tell my the best possible set up as far as gears (spur gears, and pionion gears)for a short track..i also drag race my ntc3...the pipe that is on board is a dual chamber dynomite chrome pipe...im get ready to put on the new rd logic single chamber...what are you view on this pipe?
You may try 20/24 or 21/25 on 54/50 spurs, depending on the characteristics of the track you're running, make full use of the RPM you have on your engine. On the track I'm running which has very technical in-fields and one straight, 20/24 and 21/25 is sweet, but sometimes I prefer 20/26 with 54/48 spurs, as almost 95% of time we're running on 1st gear in the in-fields, when I'm on the straight I just enjoy the extra speed that the 48-26 combo gives...;)

I'm using the RDLogics one-piece turbo on my ntc3, love it! :nod: :nod: I dunno about the single chamber, or does RDLogics make a single chamber for the NTC3? As compared to the AE pipe, I found that the RDL pipe churns out more power from the engine, a broader power band and higher rev. It is "THE" pipe for the car, well...I would love to get my hands on the WERKS pipe tho...;)