R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
+1. LMFAO!
And I don't LMAO at you you for not riding a harley like I do....and a god bless for you to....and thank you both for helping grow our wonderful hobby.
streetfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

dying because, the lipo and brushless products are getting rediculosly cheap now.. people choose EP over GP.
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

< RIP nitro ! >
Tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
dying because, the lipo and brushless products are getting rediculosly cheap now.. people choose EP over GP.
this is very true. you can buy a number of different off brands(china stuff) at verry low dollars.It's not top quality but is afordable and fast and you have to get good at not crashing because they arn't the toughest.I wish some of the name brand stuff would come down in price so new comers could start with a quality ride.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3 View Post
< RIP nitro ! >
Nooooo....don't say it....lol
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #51
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3 View Post
< RIP nitro ! >
As long real motorsports excists and people loves the smell and sound of gas powered engines with all the technology arround it like tuning, clutches gearboxes etc it will stay alive. I do not think electric is taking over, for sure not in the 1/8 onroad scene where people have fried to much motors, batteries and ESC's.

By the way, this topic is all about onroad Nitro and yes, I do believe offroad is something to worry about but not specific electric.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
As long real motorsports excists and people loves the smell and sound of gas powered engines with all the technology arround it like tuning, clutches gearboxes etc it will stay alive. I do not think electric is taking over, for sure not in the 1/8 onroad scene where people have fried to much motors, batteries and ESC's.

By the way, this topic is all about onroad Nitro and yes, I do believe offroad is something to worry about but not specific electric.
Yes Sir.....the smell and the mess and dirty fingers....lol....I don't knock the battery guys just a little ribb'n..my theory is if it needs fuel and oil it's a tool ...if it needs batteries its a toy....lol...
Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #53
No9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
This thread should be closed off.

It will end up us debating between Nitro vs Electric, or On Road vs Off Road,

To first starter of this thread ; if you cannot afford to play on road nitro, you should go play something else...... go play barbie or lego.
This has been a great topic for discussion and every one has brought up some good and bad points.It was heading in the right direction until this idiotic post.

Supported by MRJ RACING.COM.AU
No9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #54
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by No9 View Post
This has been a great topic for discussion and every one has brought up some good and bad points.It was heading in the right direction until this idiotic post.
+1 on that. i dont know if that guy read my first post or just has no reading comprehension but i never talked about price. i simply asked why nitro onroad seems to be dying out. just look at this forum for example. there are barely anyone looking at the nitro onroad section(about 30 ppl average) as compared to off road or electric. there are over 100 ppl at a time looking at those sections.
donnie707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfreek View Post
And I don't LMAO at you you for not riding a harley like I do....and a god bless for you to....and thank you both for helping grow our wonderful hobby.
Wow...I'm not sure how this got to a point of comparing motorcycles, but ok, I'm your huckleberry. Harley = overweight, underpowered, crap for brakes and handle like a shopping cart full of groceries. Oh, and sound like a broken aircraft radial engine.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
All meant in good fun.
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

That "users browsing" number has been pretty consistant for a long time. Seems like it's the same 30 guys too. I'm not 100% sure it's just a money issue. The young guys want instant gratification. The learning curve is a little steeper with the engine/clutch, but when it's a working well, it's a beautiful thing. I still love hearing the shift to second gear. And for the record, I have a couple of El cars, just don't enjoy them as much.
977 EVO2, Matrix tires, Picco power.
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Default ..jus' addin' my two cents....

Race track location may tend to hinder a (potential) racer from getting into Nitro racing; I started off with a Nitro on-road car-around ten years ago. I wish I would be able to run with seasoned racers but untill I get more practice (with a nitro car) i'm contented with carpet racing.
I'm pretty sure that old saying holds true,"Go big or go home". The competitive nature of drivers can compel a driver to race which ever he chooses-nitro or/and electric.
ps. I do miss the smell of Nitro.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
Wow...I'm not sure how this got to a point of comparing motorcycles, but ok, I'm your huckleberry. Harley = overweight, underpowered, crap for brakes and handle like a shopping cart full of groceries. Oh, and sound like a broken aircraft radial engine.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
All meant in good fun.
I was kinda thinking if you traded a Holly Davis for a R1, with the money left over you could get a damn good 1/8 on road setup with spares and have a big ol' 2 wheeled and 4 wheeled good time going VERY fast with both!
www.motorists.org
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #59
kmh
Tech Addict

NITRO ONROAD WILL NEVER DIE. This same question have been brought up many times over the past few years and ONROAD still lives on. Check the history of RC. I will say that the only threat to ONROAD is having a track to run on and what I have seen is when one track shuts down another seems to fill the void.
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #60
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo View Post
Race track location may tend to hinder a (potential) racer from getting into Nitro racing; I started off with a Nitro on-road car-around ten years ago. I wish I would be able to run with seasoned racers but untill I get more practice (with a nitro car) i'm contented with carpet racing.
I'm pretty sure that old saying holds true,"Go big or go home". The competitive nature of drivers can compel a driver to race which ever he chooses-nitro or/and electric.
ps. I do miss the smell of Nitro.
i tend to lean more on the school of thought of "run what you brung". this makes it easier for beginners to get into the hobby. there should be bracket racing also. for beginners and intermediate. not just pro level racing.

im content with just meeting up with some cool ppl, setting up a track at a parking lot and letting it rip. drag racing, gymkana, track, whatever.
donnie707 is offline   Reply With Quote