R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 229
Talking New toy and new to the Forum!

Just wanted to say hi, this is my first NITRO car and I must say this is just insane I love it. I have been into RC since I have been a young lad but NITRO is great. Here are a couple of pics of my car, I bought it from my BOSS at work for a great deal. I have done just a few mods tell me what you guys think.


The DOC



I re-routed the main fuel line and the wires for the starter. with the re-route for the fuel line I never have to prime the engine on start up it fires right up! its great.



this is my RC work station that is dedicated to my CAR!




DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:20 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 113
Default

looks great but if you are going to change the motor....u might have trouble with all the big tubes going around.
RC Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
roadrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL.
Posts: 1,224
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

sweet car,how much did u get it for
__________________
Austin Wolfe
Serpent America-Trinity/Revtech-www.ActivRC.com
roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 229
Default

I got the car for a great deal, I paid 175.00 for the car brand new in the box. It never had a drop of gas through it. RC Buddah if I get a new engine I will re-route the hoses and wires to fit the new motor. I really cant belive how much fun this thing is.
I work as a Loss Prevention Agent in a department store, well the store that I was currently working at is closing down. However loss prevention is the last to leave. So my Boss and I have been racing RC cars around this huge department store for a week. ITs a blast WIDE open areas indoor.

The DOC
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:37 AM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,211
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DR.FeelGood
I got the car for a great deal, I paid 175.00 for the car brand new in the box. It never had a drop of gas through it. RC Buddah if I get a new engine I will re-route the hoses and wires to fit the new motor. I really cant belive how much fun this thing is.
I work as a Loss Prevention Agent in a department store, well the store that I was currently working at is closing down. However loss prevention is the last to leave. So my Boss and I have been racing RC cars around this huge department store for a week. ITs a blast WIDE open areas indoor.

The DOC
what about the fumes?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 229
Default

The place is HUGE.............Fumes have are not a prolem at all heck we had 4 cars going at once, its a blast


The DOC
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #7
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,211
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DR.FeelGood
The place is HUGE.............Fumes have are not a prolem at all heck we had 4 cars going at once, its a blast


The DOC
good luck!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 229
Default

Good luck with what?
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

will you be competing with that car?
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 229
Default

I would love to compete, but I really have no idea what class or anything the car would fall in. I am totally new to RC competion!
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:35 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

welcome to the world of rc.....


i am predicting maybe after 1 year u'll end up having more than 2 kits(maybe not at one shot)

and if u'r go into racing than u'll start using these terms.... what more droop, less caster, toe out , negative diff,
what shock wt, digital servos, more camber, j/k....

but remember just to have fun....
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:04 AM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
welcome to the world of rc.....


i am predicting maybe after 1 year u'll end up having more than 2 kits(maybe not at one shot)

and if u'r go into racing than u'll start using these terms.... what more droop, less caster, toe out , negative diff,
what shock wt, digital servos, more camber, j/k....

but remember just to have fun....

Thanks this thing is a blast


Chris R
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the forum mig rod Electric Off-Road 1 01-05-2008 05:23 PM
hi i need help and im new to the forum racer4 Rookie Zone 4 01-21-2007 02:37 PM
Why is this forum listed under the On Road Forum? sport10 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 0 01-11-2007 08:06 AM
Forum Changes... futureal Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3 10-28-2002 09:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:38 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net