R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #61
Tech Master

Photos taken 5 minute ago.

To convert it, part #'s to replace 801215 & 801216. This will convert it to 200mm. Easier to get tires. Rubber. Another differance slightly larger engine.

1st photos Impact, 2nd Impulse.

Sorry the photos not clear!!!
Attached Thumbnails
anyone know this serpent model?-impact-impulse-comparision-077.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-impact-impulse-comparision-078.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-impact-impulse-comparision-079.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-impact-impulse-comparision-080.jpg  
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squillaempusa View Post
so i found the impulse "pro" dog bones (#801221) on ebay you were talkin about. ya think they'll fit huh?.. not sure what pro means. gonna change the glow plug, and take it to the LHS and try to get it started(i don't have a starter box yet), to make sure it runs before i sink too much $ into it(right now). all i really need i think is new batt, and that front cvd we've been talking about. servos work, and radio/reciever works. as long as engine is good, pretty much ready for tearin up my street, and wakin the neighbors up.
those dogbones didn't fit. about a 1/4 inch too short. not sure if there's a way to adjust that suspension to bring the wheel axles in. gonna be on the lookout for something that may fit.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think I have the Hudy 235mm wheel arbor for the Hudy tire truer if anyone is interested.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #64
Tech Master

Quote:
those dogbones didn't fit. about a 1/4 inch too short. not sure if there's a way to adjust that suspension to bring the wheel axles in. gonna be on the lookout for something that may fit.
What the part#?? Hope they didnt mix up with the rear dog bone!! See if your LHS has the That matches the length.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #65
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
What the part#?? Hope they didnt mix up with the rear dog bone!! See if your LHS has the That matches the length.
serpent part #801221. gonna keep a lookout for the right length. the ones i bought are about 56mm (or approx 2 1/4"), the one that came out of the front end is about 63.5mm (exactly 2 1/2"). not sure if that means anything to you.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #66
Tech Adept

Quote:
what k oil do you use in your shocks? (top secret information?) i cleaned and refilled the shocks on the 835 or whatever, with 40k. i thought about putting thinner stuff in the front shocks (with heavy red springs,& rear have yellow springs), to handle NJ streets.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #67
Tech Adept

Quote:
serpent part #801221. gonna keep a lookout for the right length. the ones i bought are about 56mm (or approx 2 1/4"), the one that came out of the front end is about 63.5mm (exactly 2 1/2"). not sure if that means anything to you.
actually had an HPI wheel-axle on the serpnt, and it connected the HPI dogbones to the serpent main axle. everything fit together believe it or not, but the the HPI wheel axle was meant for only 1 bearing, where the serpent steering block/bearing carrier has 2 bearings. figured that setup would mess the bearing(s) up. also that allowed me to have other wheel options, like that i was asking you about before.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #68
Tech Master

Quote:
what k oil do you use in your shocks? (top secret information?) i cleaned and refilled the shocks on the 835 or whatever, with 40k. i thought about putting thinner stuff in the front shocks (with heavy red springs,& rear have yellow springs), to handle NJ streets.
10 years since if been in NJ. West Caldwell area. Cant remember the streets there. Speed runs in up to you!! How technical are you? again its to your driving. 30wt-50wt is usually the starting point.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
actually had an HPI wheel-axle on the serpnt, and it connected the HPI dogbones to the serpent main axle. everything fit together believe it or not, but the the HPI wheel axle was meant for only 1 bearing, where the serpent steering block/bearing carrier has 2 bearings. figured that setup would mess the bearing(s) up. also that allowed me to have other wheel options, like that i was asking you about before.
At this point Parts for this old of model, If you got part#'s good, but to find them another story. Cross refenceing to other models sure!!! That why it a hobby.

It'll be about 2 weeks I could give you more info between the 2, But am sure Impact & Impulse the same parts but the out drives, or any 200mm models.I'll be monitoring the thread, I'll Be out of the country the next couple weeks.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #70
Tech Adept

Quote:
10 years since if been in NJ. West Caldwell area. Cant remember the streets there. Speed runs in up to you!! How technical are you? again its to your driving. 30wt-50wt is usually the starting point.
cool, ill leave the 40 in for now. nj roads suck. i believe w caldwell is north jeresey, almost a different state than south jersey, where i'm at. different sports fans and everything. ie; yankees & mets up north, phils down here.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:
cool, ill leave the 40 in for now. nj roads suck. i believe w caldwell is north jeresey, almost a different state than south jersey, where i'm at. different sports fans and everything. ie; yankees & mets up north, phils down here.
35 minute from the worst airport in the country!!! Newark!!!! lol!!! Glad i'm retired and dont have to go there again!!! lol!!! JK'ing. Relatives up there!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #72
Tech Adept

Quote:
35 minute from the worst airport in the country!!! Newark!!!! lol!!! Glad i'm retired and dont have to go there again!!! lol!!! JK'ing. Relatives up there!!!
yea newark the city is no joke. horrible traffic and so on. used to have to navigate around that area for work. quite a challenge if youre not used to the area/roads. lol. (i used maps back then.)
so what do you think about the hpi wheel axles riding on only the 1 inside bearing? too much preasure, and maybe break stuff? i know the hobby's mostly about experimentation, but i don't want to stupidly break parts on a vehicle with hard to find replacement parts, even tho that's prob inevitable.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #73
Tech Master

Quote:
yea newark the city is no joke. horrible traffic and so on. used to have to navigate around that area for work. quite a challenge if youre not used to the area/roads. lol. (i used maps back then.)
so what do you think about the hpi wheel axles riding on only the 1 inside bearing? too much preasure, and maybe break stuff? i know the hobby's mostly about experimentation, but i don't want to stupidly break parts on a vehicle with hard to find replacement parts, even tho that's prob inevitable.
6 years I messed with HPI RS4 when my nephew wanted to get into hobby. I think the pivot ball were 1mm smaller, Serpent were beefier, you'd probably have to replace lower a frame. Bearing are easy to replace, just knowing the ID, OD & width of micro bearing. Those you can search online for.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #74
Tech Adept

Quote:
6 years I messed with HPI RS4 when my nephew wanted to get into hobby. I think the pivot ball were 1mm smaller, Serpent were beefier, you'd probably have to replace lower a frame. Bearing are easy to replace, just knowing the ID, OD & width of micro bearing. Those you can search online for.
yup, the pivot ball is smaller, but i already have a few. being hpi they're prob easy to find too. same with bearings prob. i was worried more about the serpent plastic bearing carrier, or whatever it's called.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #75
Tech Master

Steering blocks & Nylon ball cup. Ball cups are the same on all Serpent maybe found at LHS that caries Serpent parts.