Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
NIB = "New in the box"
oh, lol. a little common sense.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyCat View Post
Would you be interested in a NIB kit? I think i may know someone who has this kit with all the new parts still unsold after all theses years. As for the 235mm body, i'll pop in my friend's shop to see if he still has some units left
na, not really finacially able to buy another whole kit. thanks anyway . just recieved 3 incomplete older cars (just finished completing 1 of 'em), so i have my hands full right now. could use some CVD axles though, if your boy has them.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Tech Master

Ebay. ser#808220. Search Serpent Impulse. $19.99 free shipping. Manual have same part# by Serpent. I have both Impulse and Impact sitting here, and both have same parts except the outdrives. Both model bought in mid '90. with original Mega engine .12 and .15 for Impact m2
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Tech Master

Impact M2
Attached Thumbnails
anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0011.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0012.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0014.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0015.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0016.jpg  

Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ahhh good memories!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
Impact M2
thanks. that's good info!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #22
Tech Master

Not much Change B/N the Impulse & Impact M2. Differance of Wheel out Drive & Frt bumper. And Bodies. Impulse was origanal 1 speed, this one modified 2 speed, two weeks after its debut. Original Mega .12.

Impact m2 Mega .15EVO

Hope you get the Drive Shaft. Car is quick. Almost handled like the 1/8 Vector.

Good luck! Have fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0222.jpg   anyone know this serpent model?-dscn0223.jpg  
Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Not much Change B/N the Impulse & Impact M2. Differance of Wheel out Drive & Frt bumper. And Bodies. Impulse was origanal 1 speed, this one modified 2 speed, two weeks after its debut. Original Mega .12.

Impact m2 Mega .15EVO

Good luck! Have fun!!
nice cars man. the only thing that makes me wonder, is why my battery location seems to be in a different spot than yours, and others. mine goes across the middle of the chassis, right in front of the fuel tank. yours, and everyone elses looks like it's on the side of the chassis. everything else looks to be identical. could mine be an older model?? i did read somewhere that serpent changed the location of battery pack, for easier access. not sure if that info is good, as i have yet to see one like mine. maybe they changed it right away, so there's not many old styled ones around??

if ya look at the pic, the battery pack is pretty much right under the on/off switch.
Attached Thumbnails
anyone know this serpent model?-20120329_014937.jpg  

Last edited by squillaempusa; 03-31-2012 at 10:46 AM.
squillaempusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Quote:

Impact m2 Mega .15EVO

Good luck! Have fun!!
by the way,..i really like that porsche body. i'm gonna want something like that. also, i can't wait to see how fast the serpent is. i also recieved an associated tc3 that was busted up, and incomplete, with the serpent (and an hpi). i got the tc3 put together and running last week. boy is it quick, compared to my modded slash 4x4. i suspect the serpent will be even quicker. i'm new to nitro and absolutely love it,.. so far.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
Tech Master

If it is serpent, Had to be Impact M2 or the 835 the only two Serpent 235mm made. The two discontinued, years ago.

Which Porsche body?? 911 is HPI 200mm w/ Impulse. Impact was porsche 962
that you cannot find. Maybe in Europe where they still run 235mm.

Been a while since I ran the serpent. Which engine you run in the TC3?? I'm not sure. M2 maybe interchangeable. TC3 .12 or .15??? Will tell the difference. I know that b/n the Impulse & Impact they are interchangeable cuz the chassis the same.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by squillaempusa View Post
nice cars man. the only thing that makes me wonder, is why my battery location seems to be in a different spot than yours, and others. mine goes across the middle of the chassis, right in front of the fuel tank. yours, and everyone elses looks like it's on the side of the chassis. everything else looks to be identical. could mine be an older model?? i did read somewhere that serpent changed the location of battery pack, for easier access. not sure if that info is good, as i have yet to see one like mine. maybe they changed it right away, so there's not many old styled ones around??

if ya look at the pic, the battery pack is pretty much right under the on/off switch.
Impact Battery pack located b/n the tank & Exhaust muffler. That gap you have 5cell located there, if you can find the mount, you can use it. What size battery you have in your??? 835 changed complately, located at the bottom of gas tank. Lot of guys turning into lipo's. I'm old fashioned I'll stay with NiMh's lol!!! Dont have to wait till lipo's drop to 3v to recharge. NiMh run them down to dead!!! lol!!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
If it is serpent, Had to be Impact M2 or the 835 the only two Serpent 235mm made. The two discontinued, years ago.

Which Porsche body?? 911 is HPI 200mm w/ Impulse. Impact was porsche 962
that you cannot find. Maybe in Europe where they still run 235mm.

Been a while since I ran the serpent. Which engine you run in the TC3?? I'm not sure. M2 maybe interchangeable. TC3 .12 or .15??? Will tell the difference. I know that b/n the Impulse & Impact they are interchangeable cuz the chassis the same.
it's definitely a serpent. the (911) gt2 style body is the one i was sayin i really liked, on the impulse. so, it'll fit the impact? i'm not sure what engine is in the tc3, it looks to be stock, goin by the pics online. the serpent engine is an evo4. not sure if that means anything, as i'm a nitro noob. looking at the block(not the cooling fin/heat sink thing on top), the evo4 looks much bigger than the tc3's engine.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Quote:
Impact Battery pack located b/n the tank & Exhaust muffler. That gap you have 5cell located there, if you can find the mount, you can use it. What size battery you have in your??? 835 changed complately, located at the bottom of gas tank. Lot of guys turning into lipo's. I'm old fashioned I'll stay with NiMh's lol!!! Dont have to wait till lipo's drop to 3v to recharge. NiMh run them down to dead!!! lol!!
yea i hear ya with the lipos, i run them in my slash 4x4, but thats different cause it's all electric. i'm goin to stick with nimh for the nitro cars. the battery i have is a 5 cell, and it was mounted b/n the fuel tank (not under it) and the steering servo. pain in the as* gettin out. i took the switch out cause i don't need it, so the battery pack can go in/out easier. i figure i'll just unplug the batt when not in use.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
Tech Master

The TC probably 200mm w/.12 engine. Impact ran a Mega EVO3 .15 original. EVO3 definitely bit larger. Impact was restricted to .15 engine racing on all bodies of racing.(like ROAR, IMFAR)
Old 03-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by squillaempusa View Post
yea i hear ya with the lipos, i run them in my slash 4x4, but thats different cause it's all electric. i'm goin to stick with nimh for the nitro cars. the battery i have is a 5 cell, and it was mounted b/n the fuel tank (not under it) and the steering servo. pain in the as* gettin out. i took the switch out cause i don't need it, so the battery pack can go in/out easier. i figure i'll just unplug the batt when not in use.
My Serpents use the old Style Airtronics M8. There switches I just connect the battery charger to it. Set up to remove the battery pack also.