Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #496
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i was doing my daily routine checking the skyline website and i found this:

should be really good!
gotta have one!!!
i was comparing the new skyline plus pipe against the regular skyline pipe over the weekend. without adjusting the engine, clutch, or the gearing settings, the car shifted into second gear sooner with the new pipe on. the change is noticeable on the short straight section at CP. after some minor adjustments, the engine's response felt smooth over the entire range. didnít notice any significant change in engine temperature and mileage. the new pipe is pretty good, master ken.

jo: i was doing my daily routine checking on your link. the new pic is pretty good, sir jo.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #497
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data
i was comparing the new skyline plus pipe against the regular skyline pipe over the weekend. without adjusting the engine, clutch, or the gearing settings, the car shifted into second gear sooner with the new pipe on. the change is noticeable on the short straight section at CP. after some minor adjustments, the engine's response felt smooth over the entire range. didnít notice any significant change in engine temperature and mileage. the new pipe is pretty good, master ken.

jo: i was doing my daily routine checking on your link. the new pic is pretty good, sir jo.
Did you by any chance change tires? This is the other factor you forgot to mention that affects how soon/late the 2nd gear shifts.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Did you by any chance change tires? This is the other factor you forgot to mention that affects how soon/late the 2nd gear shifts.

I don't think he changed tire diameters. Just a note everyone
that has tried the plus pipe noticed the same thing about the
shift point.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:22 PM   #499
Tech Master

i got mine today what a service i rated 100% customer service
i'll try it this weekend on a 260ft straight
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #500
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
didn't change anything on the car. just took the old pipe out, pop the new one on and off i went. and i think the difference in tire diameter due to wear between runs was negligible.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #501
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Any tips on repairing a bent stinger?? Does it have any impact on the performance???

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #502
Tech Elite

I repair my bent stingers with a lighter (BBQ lighter) or just starting up the engine and waiting for the pipe to reach operating temp. Just get some pliers and pull the stinger out.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #503
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok, I made sure there were no holes or anything in it..

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #504
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Any tips on repairing a bent stinger?? Does it have any impact on the performance???
check the cone inside first. if the cone was deformed, don't waste your time, go get a new one.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #505
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What I would actually like to see, is a tuned pipe design that replaced the basic stinger with a nut and replaceable stinger. The replaceable stinger should be made out of some type of flexible heat resistent composite that can flex upon impact and return somewhat back to it's original shape. In addition, the section before and after the nut should have a reenforced "guard" to prevent the pipe from getting bent (i.e. metal rod curved to fit the contour of the pipe and welded on)

I'm tired of having my stinger bent and pipe pushed in. I would glady pay a few extra bucks to have something more impact/crash resistent.

Any thoughts on this Skyline?
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #506
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What I would actually like to see, is a tuned pipe design that replaced the basic stinger with a nut and replaceable stinger. The replaceable stinger should be made out of some type of flexible heat resistent composite that can flex upon impact and return somewhat back to it's original shape. In addition, the section before and after the nut should have a reenforced "guard" to prevent the pipe from getting bent (i.e. metal rod curved to fit the contour of the pipe and welded on)

I'm tired of having my stinger bent and pipe pushed in. I would glady pay a few extra bucks to have something more impact/crash resistent.

Any thoughts on this Skyline?
Something like this you mean?
http://www.rc-nation.com/proddetail.php?prod=OT-MA04

The Fioroni pipe is the strongest pipe I have ever owned. But I wish its design was more like a skyline or a rdlogics. The Fioroni pipe provides too much bottom end and sacrifices almost all top-end.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #507
Tech Elite

Quote:
Something like this you mean?
http://www.rc-nation.com/proddetail.php?prod=OT-MA04

The Fioroni pipe is the strongest pipe I have ever owned. But I wish its design was more like a skyline or a rdlogics. The Fioroni pipe provides too much bottom end and sacrifices almost all top-end.
Pretty close. At least they got the replaceable tip right. Did the pipe ever get dented at the base of the stinger? Have you had to replace the stinger?

When it comes to tuned pipes, I would always put performance over durablity. I'm not sure if it's possible to have both. i.e Have your cake and eat it too.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #508
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
OS 1030
rskoncepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:57 PM   #509
Tech Elite

Quote:
Pretty close. At least they got the replaceable tip right. Did the pipe ever get dented at the base of the stinger? Have you had to replace the stinger?

When it comes to tuned pipes, I would always put performance over durablity. I'm not sure if it's possible to have both. i.e Have your cake and eat it too.
Nope, I have never dented the stinger. Although, I have had to buy extra stingers since I forgot to use thread-lock on the stinger and lost it during a main.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #510
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskoncepts
OS 1030
What engine are you using with this?

Quote:
This is a Tuned Silencer (Tuned Pipe) Specifically Designed for the OS MAX .10FP-B, .10FP-BX, .12CV, .12CV-X, .15CV, .15CV-X, .12LD, .15LD Engines.