R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Hey folks can anyone help me identify what I have

I bought this off CL for $40 its got a carbon fiber chassis ...an OS max 12cv motor on it the carbon chassis doesn't have a scratch on it and the motor seems like its never been ran I'm guessing this is some sort of rc10 ...worth anything ?thanks much for helping a member out
Attached Thumbnails
Hey folks can anyone help me identify what I have-rc101.jpg   Hey folks can anyone help me identify what I have-rc102.jpg   Hey folks can anyone help me identify what I have-rc103.jpg  
littlecroatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecroatia View Post
I bought this off CL for $40 its got a carbon fiber chassis ...an OS max 12cv motor on it the carbon chassis doesn't have a scratch on it and the motor seems like its never been ran I'm guessing this is some sort of rc10 ...worth anything ?thanks much for helping a member out
thats an old rc10l with some sort of custom nitro conversion on it its suppose to be electric
rcduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

interesting .. do you think is better value wise or worst now that its a conversion
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
interesting .. do you think is better value wise or worst now that its a conversion
i really dont know what the value of it is either way, its just hard to tell with those older type chassis like that. But if you go to rc10talk.com pretty much everyone knows all about the older associated cars and someone will most likely know what it could be worth and possibly what the actual chassis model and everything is
Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

thanks much bro you got me going in the right direction this same guy over the year sold me a tamiya san scorcher hornets grasshoppers .. he cleans out old houses etc ...
Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
thanks much bro you got me going in the right direction this same guy over the year sold me a tamiya san scorcher hornets grasshoppers .. he cleans out old houses etc ...
yup anytime man and yah a lot of those guys at rc10talk will know anything basically about any old cars like that
Old 03-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont think its Associated, you can put that front end on any pan car. Im pretty sure its a Dynamite car. They used to make one like that back in the late 90s, I probably have the RCCA issue somewhere. I remember always wanting one of those, I bet it would be a lot of fun to mess with.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Hmmmm a Dynamite car ill google that sounds interesting .. not sure what i wnna do with it at this point ..
Old 03-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Send it to me, I can think of something to do with it
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Looks to be an Assoc car. I don't remember Dyn making a car... just the conversion.. there were a handfull of conversion kits out... Dyn, CRC... I had one... don't remember which one.

Might want to ask in the Florida forums. they used to run them at a track in mills pond park... fast cars!!

Probably easier to put it back to elec... then to find the missing nitro parts
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Its an Associated RC10L graphite pan car with a nitro conversion. The RC10L chassis looks to be about early '90s when they just came out with the reactive caster front end. It also looks to have the original Associated nylon bumper. Too bad it doesn't have the original graphite nerf bars attached to the chassis.

Break it up and sell the parts. That graphite chassis is in mint condition its worth something to anyone looking to restore an old RC10L.

Edit:
Took a closer look, it seems that you also have the original Associated kit tires. Looks good, no cracks in the foam. You should find the electric pod and try to restore it.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

YRdude thanks much !!! you nailed it brother thats the car... the motor has never been ran either I just took it apart its perfect and has crazy compression as we speak im cleaning it up got some afterun in the motor to keep it good etc ... you guys were very helpful bless you all ..
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Hopefully.......If or when you decide to put a body, fuel tank, electrics, and maybe some fresh new tires, let us all know how it performs on an outdoor asphalt track. I would be very interested. It looks pretty cool.
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #14
Tech Rookie

I cleaned it up real good motor turns over so think Im going to sell it just have to many projects at the moment :-)