R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default H.A.R.D tire true model H1029

fully automatic battery operated has anyone had one or use one before? was wondering if the hudy cutting mount would fit? trying to make this tire truer better for cutting foam tires.
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
KostaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
fully automatic battery operated has anyone had one or use one before? was wondering if the hudy cutting mount would fit? trying to make this tire truer better for cutting foam tires.
I had a HARD truer and I sold it, Hudy arbors do fit without any issues. The only problem is the cutting width capacity, you can only cut TC tire.

Truer is wonderful except for the limited width.
__________________
Current Cars:
- Schumacher SX3 & Cougar SV
- Mugen MRX5 WC, Serpent 966e (4s)& Motonica P81e (6s)
Collector/Vintage Cars:
-Serpent F180 (2x), Serpent Veteq, Losi Jrx2, Tamiya Avante & Associated RC10
KostaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default hard tire truer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostaG View Post
I had a HARD truer and I sold it, Hudy arbors do fit without any issues. The only problem is the cutting width capacity, you can only cut TC tire.

Truer is wonderful except for the limited width.
yea i brought this from you. the problem that i see is the mount gets loose when it extend almost to max and the turn dial doesn't stay in place when cutting tires. so i am trying to figure out away to stop both problems i mention.
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Tech Addict
 
KostaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
yea i brought this from you. the problem that i see is the mount gets loose when it extend almost to max and the turn dial doesn't stay in place when cutting tires. so i am trying to figure out away to stop both problems i mention.
I assumed you were talking about the arbors as mounts...

The main mount of the carbide tool has set screws that can tighten the mount in all direction, these are not meant to fully tighten down but more take up any slop. They can also be set to tighten yo the movement of each axis.

Also you can adjust the carbide tool position within the mount so you do not have to extend as far.

I bought a used Hudy truer for my 1/8 onroad and this is what I played around with to make sure everything stays put.

Send me a PM if you like and I can further help you.
__________________
Current Cars:
- Schumacher SX3 & Cougar SV
- Mugen MRX5 WC, Serpent 966e (4s)& Motonica P81e (6s)
Collector/Vintage Cars:
-Serpent F180 (2x), Serpent Veteq, Losi Jrx2, Tamiya Avante & Associated RC10
KostaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net