Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Tracks

Here in florida we run asphalt
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
No it's asphalt, this track is probably more than 20 years old, and it turned gray after all these years. In Europe we only have asphalt.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_f View Post
No it's asphalt, this track is probably more than 20 years old, and it turned gray after all these years. In Europe we only have asphalt.
There's nothing like being there.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
Tech Adept

All tracks in South Africa - as far as I know are asphalt - many years ago we ran electric on road on old tennis courts at some venues.

No that we are talking about tracks - what do you guys use to improve the traction of your tracks? We normally spray them with sugar water.

I don't know if anybody tried strip grip - the stuff they spray on drag strips (I heard that one the tracks in South Africa used it with great results - is it true?)
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaanP View Post
All tracks in South Africa - as far as I know are asphalt - many years ago we ran electric on road on old tennis courts at some venues.

No that we are talking about tracks - what do you guys use to improve the traction of your tracks? We normally spray them with sugar water.

I don't know if anybody tried strip grip - the stuff they spray on drag strips (I heard that one the tracks in South Africa used it with great results - is it true?)
thanks to all for thier input,we run on asphalt but lost the track,we are looking at running a track on the roof of unser racing center in denver,which is concrete,any suggestions
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Jay7

Quote:

Two local tracks near me used VP LC-6 or VHT traction spray. It works very well LC-6 being a bit more expensive but last a lot longer. It does cost quite a bit per 5galls. Upwards to about $80-$110usd per 5gallons, best bet would be to buy 55 gallon drums. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page469700.html
Jay7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:

we used vht,yes expensive,the best way for us we dragged concrete blocks and the old tires to break down sharp stones on the surface,then cleaned the surface and then the fun,we sprapainted with black waterbased paint ,the painting was used as a cheap sealer.we used only a gal or two of vht,traction great,tire wear was dropped 50 to 75%
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
thanks to all for thier input,we run on asphalt but lost the track,we are looking at running a track on the roof of unser racing center in denver,which is concrete,any suggestions
Jim, What's in the works? I've planned trips to Houston, Lincoln, Joliet, Time Zone and ????
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote