R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Arrow Who uses Virtual RC Racing Here???

I need some help. I have registed but they were suppose to send em me an email will an activation code right?

I have not recieved that and it's been a whole day?

What should i do?

If any could help it would be much appreciated!
RCDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just signed up last night and recieved my registration code within minutes. I would reregister and see what happens.
Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #3
Tech Adept

hey man, thanks for the reply.

Do you mean registrate again?

Let me know
RCDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

hey, rcdriver i registered about 1 month ago and still havent recieved and activation code...if u try to re-register it wont let u use the same email adress..so unless u have a second email adress u cant re-register
factory racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:27 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

this game is awsome!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:02 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by factory racer
hey, rcdriver i registered about 1 month ago and still havent recieved and activation code...if u try to re-register it wont let u use the same email adress..so unless u have a second email adress u cant re-register

I had the same problem when I registered. Found out my ISP was using Spam Assassin and it kicked back the VRC email thinking it was spam. I reregistered using a hotmail account and everything worked fine.
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Default Want to get this!

Can anyone put up a link of a place in the US to buy the adapter
Thanks alot.
Draftin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Horizon will have them in a few weeks.Check there site.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:16 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kyosho3PKRacer Send a message via MSN to Kyosho3PKRacer

I'm pretty sure if you go to ebay there are some on there aswell, there are a couple of people on the VRC website aswell in the forums that post and say they want to sell their adaptor.
Kyosho3PKRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How realistic is the game?
Brad_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #11
Tech Adept

The adapters were on back order for a very long time. I ended up getting mine on EBAY and paid about ten dollars more than what it would have sold for new. But, I was using it for a month and units were still on back order so it was worth it to me. I think the modeling is very accurate.

If you like to use drag brake, you can use your brake end point adjustment to add some. But you have to do this after you enter the track and then reset to 0 after each time. It does not save your adjustments, it resets after you exit the track. Most everything else is adjustable via the tuning panel in the software. Same goes for expo, though I beleive the software has an expo setting built into the adjustment panel.

Excellent tool for keeping your driving skills up during the winter or between races.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #12
M7H
Tech Elite

VRC has its own website and forum, I suggest you also take a look there, a lot of answers to any problems al allready given.......
Old 06-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #13
Tech Adept

RcDriver, this may b a little late, but i had the same problem with VRC, they do not actually send you an activation code, you have to manually unlock the file.
see, when you download it from the site it is stored on your pc in a zipfile, it has to be moved to the vrc "tracks " folder, then when you go to the site and log in, click on "online" and it should ask you if you want to unlock that version or track, then just click "ok" and your good to go.
I used VRC throughout the winter months, and i will definitely say it has improved my driving skill bigtime!
when i got my car out this year in may, i was turning tighter corners and had better throttle/brake control with my transmitter.
i totally recommend this game to anyone new in this hobby/sport, or to anyone that wants to fine tune their skills.
the ft.myers, messina, oslo, cincinnati tracks are awesome, so close to the real thing, you just dont smell the nitro burning.
AKSHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #14

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Check your spam or bulk folders....or use an email thats more secure. Like an ISP email. Also theres tons of free emails to register too...so if worst case worst you just have to sign up for a few.

BTW I have it , its fun to play with , still out on if its truly realistic or not. Guess ill never know unless I bring my computer to the exact track there trying to simulate and then you still dont know if your replicated setup would be the same...allthough you can bring it close. Whos to say 30oil on VRC is how 30 oil would react in your real car.

But indeed if your a newb itll help calm you , show you the ropes , you can adjust settings and see how the car might react. Tune your radio and play around with that....These VRC cars seem like they are missing a little something when I play. Cant really put my finger on it...

But nonetheless fun , I mean what other game lets you race real cars (at least represented in a way...not just some bland touring car , real tracks with your real remote. But dont expect this to be a substitute for the real thing.

But its good during down time I would gather...allthough Iam worried if its false...then practicing on it could actually make you worse....if you were already pretty good. Who knows.

I think it might have helped me some. But not fully sure. Could be simply the fact the remotes in my hands and im just sharpening my reflexes and cordination.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:18 AM   #15
Tech Initiate

I just started a new job and cant get to the track yet. so i have been driving this sim. The one thing that ive learned is it realy can speed up your hand and eye cordination. and if anything get you in the ballpark in terms of driving a touring car. my driving style for offroad is not what you would use for onroad and this thing has proved that to me. Im not saying I will be kicking asphalt but i know I can hold my own and not be a hack in the process
BILL BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote