R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

for a RRR it takes sg shaft. I havent tried the rex but i have a dynoed v.12 rody and it screams.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #62
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
What problems with AAC???....I have none, and it has allready 6 races and engine is still tight as hell.
AFM, not trying to play devil's advocate here but why didn't Andrea Rossi put the .12 WCR Sirio with AAC if they are more superior to ABC? Perhaps you could shoot a mail to him and ask... I would be interested to know.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 PM   #63
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
If you like moded engines, then you'd love my Mauro Collari hand modified L. Collari...it's a real challange to keep it on the track on turns and on the straight it hangs on there with some of the 1/8th's....woww!!!
I'm sure they are powerful but if you've seen and driven an engine with a BRB piston sleeve, you'll know that it DOES hang with the fastest 1/8th scale on a 200ft back straight of a moderate large track. See to believe.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #64
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
AFM, not trying to play devil's advocate here but why didn't Andrea Rossi put the .12 WCR Sirio with AAC if they are more superior to ABC? Perhaps you could shoot a mail to him and ask... I would be interested to know.
It's Ok D,
I will ask Andrea what's the issue with ABC and AAC. I would like to know his answer to.
But I have both formats, and up to now, my AAC's are lasting me more than my ABC's.
For starters I can tell you that I see no more Sirio AAC engines offered in Sirio's web page, and on the other hand all of Lamberto Collari engines are AAC.
Could it be a marketing agreement??? I mean, if not what difference would there be between a Sirio and a Collari (apart from LCG head), both having same origin (Star Motors).
Because I would also question why doesn't Sirio use that head design which is cearly an advantage in handling.
In my opinion it's a clear indication that they wan't to offer the market two truly different alternatives based on the same platform.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #65
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
I'm sure they are powerful but if you've seen and driven an engine with a BRB piston sleeve, you'll know that it DOES hang with the fastest 1/8th scale on a 200ft back straight of a moderate large track. See to believe.
Yeah, it would be great if TG made BRB sleeve/piston sets for Sirio based engines. Maybe some day when Sirio engines are more popular. It's hard for people to swicht brands. The Market is so used to Nova based engines, availabilty, parts, interchangeabilty, etc......"you can't teach an old dog new tricks"
As for me I like to esxperiment and try everything I can, and when I can afford it....you get some surprises now and then...I'm not blocked on any brand.
As a matter of fact I'm currently testing some STS engines and experimenting around with them......and I'm surprised of what a low budget engine can do. I've just formed GPP Model Racing and have been appointed South American disributor for STS Racing, and we'll be up on the web soon with some surprises.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:19 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
I haven't seen any 1/8th cars over your way, but around these parts, there won't be any 12's keeping up with the fastest 1/8 cars.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #67
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I haven't seen any 1/8th cars over your way, but around these parts, there won't be any 12's keeping up with the fastest 1/8 cars.
Ahuh? Those who raced in Thailand for the recent Serpent Nitro Tour last week would have seen it.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
Yeah, it would be great if TG made BRB sleeve/piston sets for Sirio based engines. Maybe some day when Sirio engines are more popular. It's hard for people to swicht brands. The Market is so used to Nova based engines, availabilty, parts, interchangeabilty, etc......"you can't teach an old dog new tricks"
As for me I like to esxperiment and try everything I can, and when I can afford it....you get some surprises now and then...I'm not blocked on any brand.
As a matter of fact I'm currently testing some STS engines and experimenting around with them......and I'm surprised of what a low budget engine can do. I've just formed GPP Model Racing and have been appointed South American disributor for STS Racing, and we'll be up on the web soon with some surprises.

AFM
If anybody wants to get into the project with BRB for Sirio-always welcome. I really don't have time due to the other projects we are working on. Anybody wants to invest to BRB for Sirio or Picco based engines can contact to us around the world. We are open for any cooperation, any diferent types of partnership. But please be advised that due to the nature of manufacturing this process is not cheap and made not by "cheap labor".
Hey D. I heard about that practice and honestly I was ammazed too. I was expecting tramendouse power increase, but not that much. Now it is scare me. And it was stock non moded set ( I don't belive in sleeve and piston modding-I guess it was proven many times at races) out of the box.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I would love a BRB set for my .12 Collari Sirio Edward!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ahuh? Those who raced in Thailand for the recent Serpent Nitro Tour last week would have seen it.
Well around here the 1/8th cars are at least one second per lap faster according to our 2003 Nat's results.
Maybe they're a bit slower over your way.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
The Lamberto Collari Motorsport line of engines.

These are true tested numbers...no BS here.........and mine at the track beats the hell out of many Nova based engines moded or un-moded.

The new LC12Pro3 I IFMAR spec engine which conform to the new ROAR rules comes with the modified sleeve with tear drops on the transfers (like JP or NovaMax). You get about 90% of the performance of a hand mod motor at a significantly reduced price. The engine features AAC construction in addition to the new low CG cooling head design.

This engine was dyno tested in the January issue of RC Nitro Magazine. This 3 port ROAR legal engine was according to them The most powerful .12 engine that they have ever tested including 5port Novarossi's!

Just to give you some specs on the LC12Pro3 I courtesy of RC Nitro Magazine

Peak Torque 58 oz-in
Peak Torque at 19,600 RPM
Peak HP 1.6
Peak HP at 33,700 RPM
Max RPM 41,000
This is with 20% nitro fuel!
The pipe used was a 2 piece Novarossi 51602 with 1/2" gap between the manifold and pipe.

AFM
You may want to pick up the March issue of XRC when it comes out. We have a .12 Racing engine guide where we dyno all the engines and have the power curves and realistic HP/TQ numbers.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:57 PM   #72
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Well around here the 1/8th cars are at least one second per lap faster according to our 2003 Nat's results.
Maybe they're a bit slower over your way.
I was referring to the comparison of the engines on the straights... You're talking about per lap... Of course anybody would know that the 1/8th scales are faster in the infields and the sweepers than any 1/10th scale car...
Old 01-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #73
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey D. I heard about that practice and honestly I was ammazed too. I was expecting tramendouse power increase, but not that much. Now it is scare me. And it was stock non moded set ( I don't belive in sleeve and piston modding-I guess it was proven many times at races) out of the box.
Edward
Hey Ed, not only did I see it for myself... I was behind the wheel driving one !
Old 01-22-2005, 01:04 AM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey Ed, not only did I see it for myself... I was behind the wheel driving one !
Me Too Me too
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:36 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
You may want to pick up the March issue of XRC when it comes out. We have a .12 Racing engine guide where we dyno all the engines and have the power curves and realistic HP/TQ numbers.

did you happen to dyno one of RBMODS motors?

btw, i really like your mag and won't pass up a month not picking one up.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote